PDA

View Full Version : need help in choosing dates

aurora, ariel, and bell
09-26-2009, 04:08 PM
We just got back from a wonderful :cloud9: trip to POP. 14 days, great weather...but HOT. Just walked on rides.

Now I can't wait to go back. The crowd level from sept 8 to 22 was awesome! No waits, but it did seem to pick up as we were leaving.

I would go back in September in a heartbeat, but was wondering about crowds in the first two weeks of December.

I've never seen the world at Christmas, so I thought that might be nice as well as cooler temps, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice long waits for rides.

Do you think December would be ok, ( I would need the dates of the two weeks to make sure I didn't run into a special event/holiday that drive up crowds) My husband would like to golf, I like swimming, so what do you think we should do?

Go back in September or try December??:confused:

thanks for the help:thumbsup: Knew I could count on my fellow intercot friends!

Oh one other question, what deals are typically happening during December?

Strmchsr
09-26-2009, 05:05 PM
If you like swimming and he likes golf then don't go for December. The problem is it might be okay, but then it might not. You just never know. December can have highs in the 80s or 40s. It just varies year to year (and even week to week).

Also, though they aren't horrendous, December crowds are considerably bigger than September. It's become a very popular time. The Christmas lights are nice, but the crowds are better in September.

JenniferS.
09-26-2009, 05:19 PM
We also want to try the first week in December. We have gone 4 times in Sept and have loved being able to walk on mostly all the rides, but we want a break from the heat for a change and see some christmas deco. We just went this past May and it was somewhat busier than Sept. How would you compare first week in May to first week in Dec?

chuckd3
09-26-2009, 05:23 PM
We love December and September. The crowds in the beginning of December have become much larger then they used to be!!

thumperbug
09-26-2009, 05:26 PM
I've done the first week in December 2 years in a row and found that the crowds picked up as the week went on the and crowds the 2nd year were definitely more then the first year. You will not find a "walk on" ride situation but I didn't think it was horrible. I found the first week in March awesome.

Everyone's idea of what crowded is varies. We also go during presidents week when the schools in NE are off and I've seen posts with folks complaining it was insanely crowded. We didn't think that but our level for patience might be better then others.

We expect lines whenever we go no matter what time of year, we use fast pass, we know as a general rule that actual wait time is a few minutes less then posted wait time and its DISNEY so its all about having fun.

BUt back to the original topic, the first week in December shouldn't be too bad but once we get into the end of the 2nd week of the month and further...the crowds pick up significantly

tink88
09-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Highly recommend first week of December. Great weather, more people then September for sure, but manageable.