PDA

View Full Version : WDW & OKW: 9/20 to 9/25

Carolanne
09-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Hey everyone! The first of a few recaps of of our (Mom & Me) trip to WDW. They'll be more to come in the next post, but here are a few general things:

Scooter rental: thanks to all who responded to my post for scooter info. Mom made a last minute decision to NOT get the scooter--she managed fine & never wished that she had gotten one.

1900 Park Fare: I swore I made a reservation for 1900 Park fare for dinner our first night, but it turns out I made it for GFC--I quickly canceled that (mom had no interest in it) and we got into the buffet at Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace (food was ok, CM's were awesome).

Disney Magic: I dont' know what it was, but speaking for myself it seemed like there was so much more Disney magic this trip. The CM's seemed that much nicer, the guests seemed to be enjoying themselves that much more. Something I really appreciated & I don't know why: it seemed like many CM's had those grabber-things to pick up stray trash. Whether they were a custodial CM or what appeared to be a lead CM (not sure if I'm using the correct term--a supervisor or a manger is what I'm getting at), they had those grabber things & used them.

Casey's: our last day at the World, we ate at Casey's before heading back to our hotel to wait for our car. I thought the hot dogs seemed a little off/different. I wasn't left feeling "yes, Casey's!" after eating it. Today I read an article where Disney admits to recently switching out their all-beef hot dogs with a beef/chicken mix hot dog.

Food & Wine Fest: It started the last day I was there--the little bit I sampled was very good! More to come in the next post.

OKW: this second stay at OKW has made it a new favorite. So laid back & quiet. As one of the older DVC's, though, it could use some TLC.

Crowds: based on our experience, the crowds were non-existent...so I'm not sure why it was so hard for me to get ADR's for when & where I wanted for this trip.

This trip just seemed to be so much more enjoyable. I dunno--maybe I've overdosed on the Disney kool-aid :blush:

faline
09-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Sounds like a very enjoyable trip! Thanks for reporting!

pdrlkr
09-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
09-28-2009, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
09-28-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm so happy to hear of your positive experiences - and how enjoyable the trip was for you. Hoping that you post more!

I dunno--maybe I've overdosed on the Disney kool-aid Nothing wrong with that!!! :mickey: