PDA

View Full Version : any vets or hamster experts out there??

hooberry
09-25-2009, 10:49 PM
:(I feel just awful:(we got a new hamster a few weeks ago and she finally is letting us hold her and today she squirmed out of my hands and landed on the floor. For about 3 seconds (that seemed like forever) she didn't move and when I picked her up she was stiff, then suddenly she started moving again. She seems fine now, running on her wheel and everything but I'm so worried she may have broken something:(I just feel horrible. Anyone experience this? we haven't had a hamster since I was a kid myself?

NotaGeek
09-26-2009, 12:56 AM
I sent you a PM of a link I found using Google.

anwruck
09-26-2009, 01:35 AM
I had a hamster fall 10 feet down a internal wall and last two days before discovering his location. Dad pulled the wall apart and pulled him out with none the worse to ware. I was still very upset , but that hamster lasted a couple of years after the incident. Even after a move from New York to Tenn. He was a great pet, and durable to boot.

Cinderelley
09-26-2009, 01:53 AM
I'm sure she is fine. We've had multiple hamsters jump all over the place (one even jumped into our dog's mouth. The dog handed her to my son. She was well trained. I'm sure it scared the hamster to death when she realized where she was.), and they have all been fine afterwards. As far as being still, they all do that after they fall. Not sure if they are scared or trying to blend in, but it happens all the time.

Keeping playing with her. Eventually she will get used to you. My favorite hamster, Cinnamon, used to curl up on my shoulder and sleep under my hair. When I would take her to the vet, the vet would say "She certainly knows who her mama is."

hooberry
09-26-2009, 11:21 AM
thanks for the link- I don't thinks she is hurt because she seems fine today, active and eating but we definitely will be holding her sitting down:mickey: