PDA

View Full Version : AP rate when you dont have an AP yet

alex61821
09-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Planning a trip in Jan 2010 going to buy Annual passes for the trip so we can go again in December. So how do i book a room now without the AP's or do i buy them now and then not activate them until i get there in Jan? sorry never owned AP's before.

faline
09-25-2009, 05:47 PM
I've booked annual passholder rates in the past without actually having yet purchased the passes. I'd suggest using Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)to book your trip.

You will need to have them when you check in and the rules are that they need to be activated at that time. You can activate them at Guest Services at any of the parks or at Downtown Disney.

badkitty
09-26-2009, 03:46 AM
You can't get into the AP site without an activated pass so you can't book online. I agree that Magical Journeys would be your best option.

CanadianWDWFan
09-26-2009, 09:36 AM
We to have used Magical Journeys to book an AP rate room without having the AP yet.

What we have always done is to stop off at Guest Services at DTD before we do anything else at WDW and activate our AP's.

wdwfan
09-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Call CRO or Magical Journeys to book your room.
Ask for availability of AP rate. You can purchase your AP anytime before your trip or you can wait until you arrive. Just make sure you have it when you check in. If you order now and have voucher mailed to you, that will work at check in. Then you can activate on your first park visit. The voucher will also let you on AP web page.
We have a car, so stop at DD guest services before we head to resort, have lunch and activate pass or purchase. This way don't have to pay for so far in advance.

badkitty
09-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Something that just occurred to me, are AP rates even out for January yet?

PetefromRI
09-26-2009, 03:39 PM
We booked with MJ and when we got to the resort they never asked to see our voucher or anything else for that matter.We went 3 more times with our AP and were never asked to show it.I think that many years ago people would get a voucher and never activate it so that they would use the same voucher year after year but Disney figured this out and may ask to see an actual activated AP.We were never asked though.

badkitty
09-26-2009, 09:47 PM
I had to show my AP upon check-in on my last trip.

wdwfan
09-27-2009, 08:53 AM
I had to show my AP upon check-in on my last trip.

Me too!