PDA

View Full Version : Photopass - How does it work

wendybird
09-25-2009, 01:09 PM
I have had only a couple of experiences with Photopass at Disneyland. They take the shots, give me a little card and I can look them up and purchase them on line when I get home.

We plan to visit Disneyworld for a week and would love to have some of those great shots, but I am a little confused with the prepaid CD, etc. Do you just get a little card EVERY time they take your picture? How do they know how to put them on your CD? Do you drop off all the little cards? Do you use only one card?? Where to you get the CD? Is it worth the $99? I am getting more comfused as I ask :confused: Help...

faline
09-25-2009, 01:19 PM
You only need one photopass card. You give the card to each photographer. The photographer scans the card into a machine they carry which codes the pictures that were taken as associated with that card number. Be sure you don't lose the card or take a picture of the back of the card with all the numbers! When you get home, you enter the photopass site and input your card number information. It then brings up all the pictures that were taken with that card number.

You can pre-purchase here (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx).

Strmchsr
09-25-2009, 01:19 PM
You get 1 card that you carry with you everywhere. You hand this card to CMs who swipe it on their machine which records your pictures. Then when you get home you enter your card number and have 30 days to look at and purchase the pics. You can also combine cards if you end up with 2 or 3 over the course of the trip (DW and I often both have one).

Is it worth it? To me, no, because I take a ton of pics on my own and I'm really good with photoshop so I don't need Disney to charge me an incredibly outrageous price for what I can do on my own. We usually only buy 2-3 of the "special" Photopass pics. However, if you don't bring your own camera (or don't want to fool with it) then the prepaid CD is the way to go.

seanyred
09-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Do you just get a little card EVERY time they take your picture? How do they know how to put them on your CD? Do you drop off all the little cards? Do you use only one card?? Where to you get the CD? Is it worth the $99? I am getting more comfused as I ask :confused: Help...

You can use the first card you get for all of your photos anywhere at WDW. Also if you end up with extra cards you can have them combined on the same account so they will be in the same place.

The Card is yours to keep. You can preorder the CD at disneyphotopass.com . The CD gives you full printing rights so you can print them at Walgreens/Walmart/wherever. Otherwise you have to pay for each indivdual photo. Go to the website it will help.

GoofyforFun
09-25-2009, 08:48 PM
If you take your own camera also, take a picture of the PP card , then Disney can find the pics you "lose". Disney can track those pics from the PP card.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-25-2009, 10:37 PM
The big reason why we use the photopass is so we can all be in the pictures together, intead of DH or I "missing" the picture 'cause we're taking it.

Strmchsr
09-26-2009, 07:47 AM
The big reason why we use the photopass is so we can all be in the pictures together, intead of DH or I "missing" the picture 'cause we're taking it.

In case you didn't know, the photopass people will also be glad to take a pic with your camera, too. They don't mind.

CleveRocks
09-27-2009, 11:58 PM
The big reason why we use the photopass is so we can all be in the pictures together, intead of DH or I "missing" the picture 'cause we're taking it.I totally agree. We also sometimes have them take a pic with our own camera, as well, but I like having PhotoPass pics in addition to our own. To me, it's worth the money.

I should add that I'm an amateur photographer ... I've had my art in galleries and I've sold enough prints to make me happy. And while not every PhotoPass shot I've seen has been the very best, enough of them are great, and Disney earns my money for a PhotoPass CD every trip I take.

I can totally understand why it's not attractive to some people, but I'm firmly in the "yes" category when it comes to using PhotoPass.