PDA

View Full Version : Fun, Friends, Food and footwear..last day Aug 31st

offwego
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Cast:
Offwego Me
DH now the main planner
DS 14 and a fan of rides

Friends..alas none will appear in person today.

So this is our travel day but our flight leaves at 4:20 so not such a problem we have until 1:15 to play when we leave by DME.

As southwest is now a participating airline (and I had online checked in the day before) we brought our bags to check in bright and early..checked them in and then finished our check out.

Disney owed us money...49 bucks or so in funds we had placed against the room via travellers cheques and didn't spend. While we didn't think this happened much our CM was blah about it.

After that we headed to the Studios as it's both the closest park and my DH's fave and a pretty high point for DS.

We arrived at about 9:05 scooted to TSM (by 9:15) and FP were already flying away.

We entered on standby (posted 40 minutes) which turned out to be less. In part no doubt as there would only be 15 minutes and counting worth of issued fastpasses to be intergrated.

Excellent ride and then we grabbed a FP for RockNRoll, did TOT (less then 15 minute wait) and did Rock N roll when that was done. We did Star Tours before grabbing lunch at Backlot (a fave of ours) and then did Muppets 3D.

A great deal of fun indeed! While that used up our time we then went back to the bus stop and just missed a bus (despite my DS running to flag it down the driver pulled away). While it got a little close we did make it back to POP with 10 minutes to spare and our bus was 5 minutes late so we were just fine.

Our depature from Orlando included a stop in Chicago prior to arrival in Detroit. While looking for a bite to eat I spied a sign asking for volunteers on our last flight as they were overbooked.

HMM says I..lets see what that's about. That was about 800 in southwest credits a free hotel and shuttle and an early am flight the next day.

They took our names and weren't sure..so we board and then get called off. (note to self read signs!)

Considering our RT tickets were less than 450 this was a pretty good deal. While we didn't see to much of the city we did have a good time at dinner, hanging out together etc. It was kind of fun and we are that much closer to our next trip.

Shoes for the day were the lovely green and pink ones Cantgetenuf gave me.

Thanks again to all my friends for making such a special trip!

KylesMom
09-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Great last day at the Studios - you were able to hit the major attractions and eat lunch before catching ME!

It must've seemed awful quiet without your entourage today, huh! :D

Nice $800 credit for the next trip - I too would have jumped on that one!

Your trip reports have been great - thanks for sharing the highs, the lows and all the in betweens with us! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Its always sad going home:(

pdrlkr
09-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Dsnygirl
09-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Sounds like a nice ending to a lovely trip, and not back that your flights are taken care of for next time!! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing all the fun with us!

faline
09-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Overbooked flights certainly worked in your favor! Very nice last day!