PDA

View Full Version : ADRs - Which Restaurants Need Them?

4ubie1
09-25-2009, 09:37 AM
I was just curious as to which restaurants you all feel practically require an ADR in order to eat there. I am planning out our dining adventure in WDW and have heard that some restaurants are near impossible to walk into...like Le Cellier. :wine: Is there any others that are a must for ADRs? :confused:

sassy2000
09-25-2009, 10:01 AM
With free dining being offered, it will be difficult to walk in to most of disney's restaurants. I would suggest making ADRs for any place that is a must for your family so there is no disappointment. Also, you don't want to spend alot of time walking around looking for available seating.

bkfree
09-25-2009, 10:14 AM
ALL restaurants! Even when we have gone in low crowd value season the ADR restuarants were fully booked.

Strmchsr
09-25-2009, 10:23 AM
I agree with those above. Almost all of them are darn near impossible to get into as a walk-up. Some you can - like Marrakesh, but you can't always count on it. If you're on the DDP you most certainly need to make ADRs for all your meals. If you're eating OOP and just want to go with the flow you can stop by guest services in the morning (especially good at Epcot) and they have a board with a listing for which places have availability that day.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Depending on the time of year, any TS will need an ADR...for instance during Christmas or Thanksgiving....I hear some restaurants are easy to walk into other times of the year, like Marakesh in Epcot, The Plaza at MK and RFC in AK....some restaurants are almost always going to need an ADR no matter the time of year...some that come to mind are:LeCellier,Cinderella's Table,
Chef Mickeys,Ohanas, and California Grill

W24toISMdirect
09-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Free Dining offers are a major factor here. Any time free dining promotions are going on, ADR's are essential.

My honeymoon was late June '04 (prime summer) and we got all of our ADR's (for ALL the places we wanted to eat) at the Shades of Green concierge desk on our way out the door every morning after we'd decided what park we where hitting that day.

It really depends.

Tygger7
09-25-2009, 10:57 AM
If you want to be guarantee that you'll have a TS restaurant to eat a meal, then make an ADR. If you don't care either way whether or not you get in, then you could risk trying to get in as a walk-up. From my experiences, even in May (which is an off time and free dining isn't offered), I've never seen a walk up accomodated. I can't tell you how many upset families I've seen trying to find a place to eat, only to be turned away again and again. During my last trip in May 2008, we had an ADR at Hollywood & Vine in DHS and were waiting for our name to be called. A young couple with a little boy (5-7 years old) asked for a table and they didn't have a reservation. The hostess politely told them they were booked, and the woman nearly burst into tears. She said they had tried every TS restaurant in DHS and been turned away. I saw a similar scenario play out before every TS meal... Years ago, you used to be able to easily get walk ups, or same day reservations. However, that strategy won't work now.

#1donaldfan
09-25-2009, 01:04 PM
...if you want to eat at a particular place you better do the ADR's, unless you don't mind waiting a long time, or just being turned away altogether......:mickey:

jnfr2424
09-25-2009, 04:21 PM
I've never seen a walk up accomodated. I can't tell you how many upset families I've seen trying to find a place to eat, only to be turned away again and again. Years ago, you used to be able to easily get walk ups, or same day reservations. However, that strategy won't work now.

I could not agree more with your statement. Best Bet, make the ADR's... the days of waking up in the morning and making ressies are unfortuately long gone! I also have seen numerous families be turned away at TS and then they come over and ask me how did I get ADR.

KylesMom
09-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Ditto on the above post. We constantly see walk-ups denied in June/July when we visit - even at places such as Sci-Fi & Mama Melrose at DHS. Angry guests either take it out on the hostess, or walk away muttering obscenities about the dining plan being a waste since they can't eat anywhere. If there's a "must do" for your family, make the ADR! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
09-27-2009, 08:54 AM
I could not agree more with your statement. Best Bet, make the ADR's... the days of waking up in the morning and making ressies are unfortuately long gone! I also have seen numerous families be turned away at TS and then they come over and ask me how did I get ADR.

....now we have walked up a couple of times over the years, but normally not at the better, signature eateries.....and I do believe those we only for breakfast, eg. WCC at the WL, which was surprising.....fyi ......:cool: