PDA

View Full Version : Mad Twin Holiday - Travel Day

Dragongirlx
09-25-2009, 06:34 AM
Trip 7th - 14th September
Cast: Myself (Dragongirlx) and My Twin Sister (Jeniflower)

We travelled down to London on the 6th as our flight was lunchtime the next day. We used to go down the same day but one nasty last minute flight cancellation has left us cautious.
Checked in using Virgin's twilight check in service (brilliant idea) and went to our hotel for the night. Next day all we had to do is go through airport security and go the gate. We were flying premium economy and it was brilliant - I never shall fly economy again if I can help it.
9 hour flight to orlando then about an hour to go through immigration , get bags and get to our transport to Wilderness Lodge.
We set off in the coach and lo and behold the driver takes us to Fort Wilderness. Took a while to convince him that was not where we were going and yes there was another hotel but eventually we reach WL get checked in and get to our room. This hotel is as lovely as I remember. The room is spotless and we have a towel mickey. The view is of the woods and is lovely.
We are very tired but go for a wander around the hotel. I love the atmosphere here it is so beautiful. Grab a quick snack from the gift shop - trying very hard not to spend all my money here at once. Then its up to the room to sleep off the jet lag.
Go to sleep so happy that I am back:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-25-2009, 06:48 AM
A wonderful start! Can't wait to read more!

VWL Mom
09-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Don't you just love the Mercantile. Such a friendly little gift shop.

faline
09-25-2009, 07:35 AM
That is certainly a long flight! Glad you finally got your driver straightened away and were able to settle in at Wilderness Lodge!

gauvin4
09-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Great start to your holiday. I look forward to reading more. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Off to a good start

KylesMom
09-26-2009, 10:27 AM
A grueling flight to be sure, but now you're home! Can't wait to read about your adventures! :mickey:

ChipDale
10-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Sounds like a wise decision making your flights over two days. A great start for you - thanks for sharing. :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: