PDA

View Full Version : whispering canyon

stitchaholic
09-24-2009, 08:55 PM
I will be going to whipering canyon for the first time on my next trip, I know the skillet is popular, but looks like way too much food.
what do you eat when you do there for dinner?

Seasonscraps
09-24-2009, 09:17 PM
I usually get the glazed pork chops (love them!) and DH gets the meatloaf. The steak is good too.

Bethis26fan
10-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Is the skillet on the dinning plan?

KylesMom
10-02-2009, 12:22 AM
We've eaten at Whispering Canyon many times over the past few years. In fact, DH chose this place for Father's Day dinner last year.

To answer the first post, although we talk about getting something different before our trip, we always end up getting the skillet. However, we know to make ADRs at an early time to minimize the potential for a long wait for other diners to leave. Go when you're hungry, and expect a bit of a delay for the main course to show up. Don't get filled up on bread & salad before the main fixins' show up! :D

Is the skillet on the dinning plan? Yep, it is. :mickey:

EJS-Houston
10-02-2009, 10:10 AM
The one time I went there I had the cedar plank salmon and liked it very much.

FriendsofMickey
10-02-2009, 02:29 PM
I have been there three different times, the first two times I ordered the skillet. It was very good (except the corn on the cob... chewy..)

This past trip (which just ended), we stopped here and I ordered the steak. I thought it was excellent! I had the apple pie as well, which in my opinion has too much apple in it.

Service has been good each time with very short waits to be seated.

#1donaldfan
10-04-2009, 09:33 AM
.....your getting good info above, but I'd like to put in a plug for the breakfast......their skillet for breakfast is the best !!:thumbsup:

stitchaholic
10-04-2009, 03:43 PM
I actually did end up booking breakfast at my kid's request.

mainemajor
10-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Is the skillet on the dinning plan?

Yes.
The skillet is a lot of food, but you don't have to eat everything. DW had the steak and loved it. We were so full we had dessert pack to go and enjoyed them later at our resort

Mrs Bus Driver
10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
.....your getting good info above, but I'd like to put in a plug for the breakfast......their skillet for breakfast is the best !!:thumbsup:

Good to hear I just changed my lunch reservation to breakfast. DH loves breakfast it is his favorite meal. :mickey:

brivers222
06-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Yes.
The skillet is a lot of food, but you don't have to eat everything. DW had the steak and loved it. We were so full we had dessert pack to go and enjoyed them later at our resort

When you order the skillet on the DlxDP do you still get to pick a dessert and appetizer??

And do the All you can drink shakes still count as a beverage on the DlxDP as I thought i remembered people saying in the past.

BrerGnat
06-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Uh, I disagree about the skillet breakfast. It was pretty awful the one time I had it.

I LOVE the skillet dinner, though. It was amazingly good when I was there in May.

WCC is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW, but for breakfast, I recommend going a la carte, which was MUCH better than the skillet.

buzznwoodysmom
06-24-2011, 12:00 PM
We love the skillet! It can be too much food, but like someone else mentioned you don't have to eat it all.

I've tried the meatloaf on one trip and it was great. We had an ADR here for Ash Wednesday and realized we couldn't have meat (Catholic) just about a week before our trip. Canceling was out of the question as this was DS's birthday dinner and he picked the restaurnat. I ordered the chicken pasta dish without the chicken and it was excellent! A few in our group ordered a fish dish, sorry I don't remember what it was, and they said it was good also.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Glad to hear this also, was thinking I might not want the skillet when we go either...seems like everythings good

CajunDisneyDad
06-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Skillet was good when we went... DW got the salmon. excellent place, just a little hint...dont ask...well I will let you find out for yourself :)

:thedolls:

brian2000boston
06-24-2011, 05:54 PM
The skillet was good but the shake i could do without. The shake is a vanilla shake loaded with syrup, not the way we make them in the northeast. Gross!

darthmacho
06-24-2011, 05:58 PM
:mickey: I just can't resist the skillet!

GBBT
06-24-2011, 08:27 PM
And they make the bbq sauce there.:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
06-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Since the breakfast skillet has been mentioned a few times, here's a pic (http://benellen.smugmug.com/Vacation/Food/WDW-Aug10-Dining/smugshot6778302/1039434154_xbE5s-XL.jpg) for those who aren't yet familiar with it. :eat:

Awesome_guy
06-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Whether or not you get the skillet... I'd recommend the bottomless milkshake! :thumbsup:

Jared
06-24-2011, 10:39 PM
When you order the skillet on the DlxDP do you still get to pick a dessert and appetizer??

And do the All you can drink shakes still count as a beverage on the DlxDP as I thought i remembered people saying in the past.
I don't think anybody has answered this one yet. Yes, if you are using the deluxe dining plan, you are still entitled to an appetizer and dessert if you order the skillet as your entree. Also, the famous Whispering Canyon Cafe bottomless milkshakes count as a drink.

Have fun!

brivers222
06-24-2011, 11:47 PM
I don't think anybody has answered this one yet. Yes, if you are using the deluxe dining plan, you are still entitled to an appetizer and dessert if you order the skillet as your entree. Also, the famous Whispering Canyon Cafe bottomless milkshakes count as a drink.

Have fun!
lol you're right it wasn't directly answered was it!

that is awesome to hear!

disneymomma2010
06-25-2011, 11:40 PM
I had the chicken vegetable penne pasta on our last trip and it was very good. :D

luvdiznee
06-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Had the skillet for breakfast and dinner and have enjoyed them both. Yes a lot of food. Especially if you eat a turkey leg before you go :(which is why I veered off from the skillet this past trip. I ended up ordering their barbecue port spring rolls. Not worth the $$$.

So skillets for our next trip. Or just not ruining my appetite before, in case I want to try a different entree, since some of the ones listed sound good. :cloud9: