PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Season 6 Discussion

Tink2002
09-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Woohoo! I'm excited! Although I DID check out the little "first five minutes" sneak peak online, but I'm sure there will be lots of twists and turns after that even.

I'm wondering what it's going to be like with Ellen Pompeo out with her new little one and (correct me if I'm wrong) I also think Katherine Heigl is away filming a movie at the moment... and no George of course :(

We shall see!

MNNHFLTX
09-25-2009, 02:18 PM
I have been conflicted about the season premier ever since watching it last night. On one hand, while I know the "theme" was everyone grieving for George, but there just wasn't anything compelling going on until the end of the 2nd hour. I think part of the problem is that aside from Lexie/Mark and Cristina/Owen (oh, and Arizona too), I just don't care about these characters that much right now. Even Bailey's reactions just didn't hit home with me. And man, I am just so tired of the "Chief" whining all the time!

I did like the laughing at the funeral scene, only because I had forgotten how Izzie said she has inappropriate responses to stressful situations. And Meredith crying when they cleared out George's locker was touching.

I really want to like Grey's like I did in the beginning, so will keep watching for now. I just hope the storylines keep the inter-relationships more down-to-earth and not so melodramatic.

Carol
09-26-2009, 10:00 AM
I still love the show. Christina, Callie and Bailey are my favorites. I've never been an Izzie fan - so her film hiatus will not bother me. Although I do like them together, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Derek without Meridith.

I will admit - I do enjoy the characters on Private Practice much more.

Tink2002
09-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Ditto on the private practice comment!

I DID cry a few times during the episode, so I guess Greys still holds a little of the "magic" that it used to for me... but the chief's antics and this bailey being apathetic thing are really not working for me.

MNNHFLTX
05-21-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm resurrecting this thread from last September, so I know that Grey's must have lost its luster for some folks. I know it hasn't been the most compelling season, but I have to say that the season finale last night was a nail-biter!! I was really shocked that they killed off two of their new regular characters (granted the least likeable ones), and had so many others get injured. It touched a chord with me as a nurse, as I have often thought that hospitals are very vulnerable places. With all the emotional situations going on there and very little safeguards in place to protect personnel from someone that snaps and goes over the edge, I'm surprised scenarios like the one on Grey's last night don't happen more often.

sgdisney
05-21-2010, 09:40 AM
That was two very instense hours of TV last night. Lost of twists and turns. I'm just glad Chief #1 did not take that drink, and that Chief #2 survived!

NotaGeek
05-21-2010, 10:29 AM
OH MY GRAVY! :mickey:

This was one of the best season finales EVER. I was on the edge of my seat ... and I was completely in awe that they rallied to make everyone really get back to their characters' luster!

Tink1
05-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm resurrecting this thread from last September, so I know that Grey's must have lost its luster for some folks. I know it hasn't been the most compelling season, but I have to say that the season finale last night was a nail-biter!! I was really shocked that they killed off two of their new regular characters (granted the least likeable ones), and had so many others get injured. It touched a chord with me as a nurse, as I have often thought that hospitals are very vulnerable places. With all the emotional situations going on there and very little safeguards in place to protect personnel from someone that snaps and goes over the edge, I'm surprised scenarios like the one on Grey's last night don't happen more often.

I agree! with both the nail-biting and the comment about hospitals.

In my former life, we had an issue in the ER. Ended up on the floor, behind a gurney, and body blocking an 8 yr old as a scalple welding wacko was ranting on and on. They finally got him subdued, but is was horrific. Policy changed shortly afterwards in regards to certain patient location during treatment.

I know Baily was upset she said she was a nurse, but it was the smartest move to make at the time.

WIll be watching this episode again! Best writing all year.

Nanc

TheDuckRocks
05-21-2010, 12:08 PM
OH MY GRAVY! :mickey:

This was one of the best season finales EVER. I was on the edge of my seat ... and I was completely in awe that they rallied to make everyone really get back to their characters' luster!

Agree, agree, agree!!! Wow, now that's a way to end a season.

Hammer
05-21-2010, 06:00 PM
I have to say Grey's Anatomy redeemed itself with last night's season finale. I couldn't tear myself away! Agree that the writers remembered what made the show in earlier seasons.

I'm a fan of the character actor who played the gunman, Michael O'Neill, as I've enjoyed him in other roles he has played (if you watched The West Wing, he was the head of the President's Secret Service detail for all 7 seasons of the show). I think he did great playing this role.

In my former life, we had an issue in the ER. Ended up on the floor, behind a gurney, and body blocking an 8 yr old as a scalple welding wacko was ranting on and on. They finally got him subdued, but is was horrific. Policy changed shortly afterwards in regards to certain patient location during treatment.

Nanc, all I have to say is :jaw: ! No wonder you started Magical Journeys...