PDA

View Full Version : Pirate's League/Something for boys!!!

green ranger
09-24-2009, 07:46 PM
I just wanted to let you all know that our DS5 who has sat through the BBB twice watching his sister transform into a princess, did the Pirate League for the first time and it was really great!! I know girls can do this too, but I am soooooo excited that Disney finally has something that boys can do and they really do a nice job with it.

I know when I was making my ressie for this, I mentioned my excitement to the CM about Disney finally doing something for boys, and she said, "Oh no, they have the Cool Dude package at the BBB for boys." I said, "Yes, we have seen some Cool Dudes and that just doesn't really cut it for us."
We give the Pirate's League two thumbs up!

buzznwoodysmom
09-24-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm so happy to hear that your DS liked it and you thought it was so well done. My 7 year old DS is doing this in Nov. and he is beyond excited. I was hoping it wouldn't be a let down. What time was your appointment? We have a 9am scheduled and I'm a bit concerned it will take a lot of time and cut into prime park touring hours (we normally get so much done in the first few hours in the parks). On the other hand this will be our 11th trip and the kids 9th trip so I guess it'll be ok if we miss a few rides in order to fit in this new, exciting option!

green ranger
09-24-2009, 08:27 PM
That's probably good that you have an early appointment because then your son will be made up like that all day. I know my son's face was something that had to be washed off that night before bed. We couldn't save it for the next day or the make-up would have been everywhere! So I think it's a good thing that your son will get it done in the morning and be able to enjoy the pirate look all day long! My son was so excited to leave there and go on the PotC ride.

thumperbug
09-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I soooo need to do this for my son on the Feb trip. There are so little boy activities. Maybe after Pirate League I can get him to take a pirate cruise.

Tinkerfreak
09-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I just booked this for my DD for November. She has done BBB in the past but says she is over the princessy thing (guess it's the age she will be 12). She loved the idea of being made up like a pirate. She can still be girly but tough at the same time.:thumbsup: