PDA

View Full Version : Detailed Questions about Rooms/ME!

LauraSAnne
09-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Okay, I think this is quite the doozy of a question(s) for all you die-hard Disney Vacation planners. I will try to explain the best I can.

My husband and I are taking my 14 year old brother to Disney April 2010 [staying on site]. My mother has decided that she wants to go too but mainly because my Aunt lives in Kissimmee so she wants to spend part of the trip with her.

--If my mom only stays with us at the resort for one or two nights, can she still use ME with us?

--If she only stays at the resort for two nights, how will her room key work for the whole week? If we pay for her in the room for two nights, won't her room key expire after two days or do you think it can be arranged to have the room key last the duration of our trip?

--We won't have a rental car so my Aunt will have to come pick my mom up for the time she won't be staying on property; if you have to have a parking pass to get into a resort, is there any way my Aunt could come pick her up?

--Can we request a parking pass if we're staying on property that my Aunt can use to pick my mom up?

I hope that's not confusing. Also, I don't know if this will matter but my Aunt is also an Annual Passholder/Florida Resident and neither one of them plan on spending more than a day or two at the parks with us.

Oh and one more question; how close to April do you think it should be before we book our flights? We rarely fly so I'm not really sure if we're supposed to book now, midway around January, or a month before.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

faline
09-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Your mother can use Magical Express on the day she checks into, and on the day she checks out of, a Disney resort as long as she is a registered guest. If you all land together and will all check in together, you can all get on Magical Express and drive to the resort. If your mother leaves two days later, she checks out on that day and is no longer a Disney guest. If you plan to go to the airport five days after your mother checks out, she would not be eligible to use Magical Express for the return trip on that day.

If your mother is not a registered guest, she will not have an active room key to come into and out of your room.

Guests are allowed to visit your resort. A temporary parking pass will be provided by the guard when your aunt explains the purpose of her visit.

You can start looking at airfares now. Some airlines may not have released their schedules yet but it doesn't hurt to begin looking. If you see a really good deal, you could go prepared to grab it!

WishingStar2006
09-24-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm not a travel expert by any means...but doesn't everyone on the reservation have to have the same plan? What I mean is, I think your mother would have to have a seperate ressie just for the days she is there. One of our wonderful travel people will be along to explain better, I'm sure!!!

CleveRocks
09-24-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm not a travel expert by any means...but doesn't everyone on the reservation have to have the same plan? What I mean is, I think your mother would have to have a seperate ressie just for the days she is there. One of our wonderful travel people will be along to explain better, I'm sure!!!There are a few answers to your question.

There are two different types of WDW resort reservations, room-only and package. Room-only means just that, nothing but the room. It is OK if some people in the room don't stay in the room the entire time.

A package ... yes, on a package, everyone must have the same entitlements booked ... that is, everyone has the same length park tickets, if you are on the Disney Dining Plan then everyone is on the Disney Dining Plan, and so on. However, regarding tickets, after the moment of checking-in at the resort, any individual in the party can add to/upgrade his/her ticket individually. So, in the OP's case, if they will use 5 park days and the Mom will use only 2 park days, they can book the package with 2-day tickets, and then after check-in the couple can upgrade their own tickets to 5-day tickets while the Mom retains her original 2-day ticket. Upgrading tickets while at WDW costs EXACTLY the same as buying/booking the entire ticket in advance.

CleveRocks
09-24-2009, 04:05 PM
--If she only stays at the resort for two nights, how will her room key work for the whole week? If we pay for her in the room for two nights, won't her room key expire after two days or do you think it can be arranged to have the room key last the duration of our trip?

There is NO WAY Disney will allow her room key to have access to the room for the entire week. Only registered guests have access to a room, and she will no longer be a registered guest.

Unless you are staying in a suite, you will be paying an extra fee for each night she stays in your room, as Disney charges that fee for a third adult in a non-suite room.

thumperbug
09-26-2009, 05:49 PM
If you can, book your flight now. APril is a busy month at WDW with Easter and Spring breaks. YOu don't want to be shut out.

I'm going during Pres week and all the flights from my airport to Orlando sold out in 2 days