PDA

View Full Version : Spoiled by Poly

baldburke
09-24-2009, 09:50 AM
My wife said our last trip to Disney was for sure our best ever and says she doesn't know if she'd be able to go if she couldn't stay at Poly. She said she might be interested in trying WL, but she thinks the GF is too stuffy and the Contemporary is too bland.

Maybe it is that the kids are getting a little older, but things seemed less rushed this year. It was nice having the boat, the monorail and the TTC available. The room was huge. Capt'n Cook's, although relatively small, was never really crowded. And it was nice being able to watch the fireworks on the beach and we even did the campfire over at GF. I suppose if I had any negative it would be that the pool was a bit small, but otherwise we were thoroughly impressed.

We booked way back in January of this year when WDW was offering book 4 nights and get 3 free so we were really able to get it at a very economical price. But I doubt we'll ever see that kind of offer again. We probably saved about 40% off the regular cost. I guess we just have to save twice as much (or twice as fast) for the next trip.

BelleKP
09-24-2009, 10:41 AM
We're heading to the Poly for the first time this December and I'm worried about being spoiled too :D. It's like a progression . . . for years we stayed off property, then we stayed at a value and said 'never again off property'. Then after a few years at a value we stayed at a moderate (POFQ) and said 'never again at a value'. Now we're heading for our first deluxe stay . . . and I'm sure we'll feel the same way!
Alas, never say never . . . we will always do what we can afford . . . we got a great deal on the Poly for this trip, or else we probably would have stuck to a moderate.
I just hope DH enjoys it as much as I know I will . . . it will be easier to convince him to do deluxe again in the future! :cloud9:

jnfr2424
09-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Honestly I have stayed at all of the deluxe resorts and you really cannot go wrong with any of them! If you can for the future book one or two nights at one deluxe and then switch over back to the Poly that way you can sample the others.

gueli
09-24-2009, 08:17 PM
As a treat- my dd'S 1st time to wdw- we splurged 2 years ago and stayed at the poly. It was great.
This year, due to budgets, we will be staying at POFQ. Now if I hit the lottery, that will change :D, but I think just being at disney is :cloud9:
Spoiled- yes.
will it 'hamper' our current trip. Nah

Live in the moment.

:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
09-24-2009, 09:03 PM
I hear you! We just got back from the Poly and know that's where I want to stay from now on!

If I couldn't swing it, though, would I be happy at POFQ (our favorite up until te Poly)? Sure thing! I would really prefer the poly, though!

mickeys_princess_mom
09-24-2009, 10:18 PM
I can't wait to be spoiled by the Poly! :mickey:
It's a place we've talked about staying for years, and we're excited because it's finally happening in late November/Dec.
We didn't find the GF stuffy at all, and I would go back there in a minute, especially during the holidays. I felt very comfortable there, and they were very warm and gracious.

SurferStitch
09-24-2009, 11:34 PM
The Grand Flo is our favorite, but we stayed at the Poly in December of 2007, and loved it! We are staying there again this December, and can't wait!

I know we aren't interested in WL at all, and would try the Contemporary if the MK view wasn't so darn expensive.

The Grand Flo is not stuffy at all. It's very relaxed and casual. Yes, the decor of the lobby is classy and sophisticated, but it's still a nice, casual feel. The rooms are very comfy and relaxing with the plush bedding and soft colors.

You can't go wrong with any monorail resort!!

DisneyBarb
09-26-2009, 08:53 AM
The first time we stayed at the Poly was our honeymoon.. only MK and Epcot at the time was built. I never thought I could afford to go back but in 2003 we went on the buy 4 and stay 7 plan.. so there is hope they will offer it again..

We have stayed 2 times since then, just stayed 1 night shorter to help the price.. Can't beat watching the fireworks and the ease of the monorails to MK and Epcot.

We have stayed at many other resorts, but having 2 queen beds and a day bed (we have 1 teenager, 1 pre-teen) and the larger room really always makes the decision easier...

We took advantage of the free dining, so there always ways to offset the costs..

47 days to go! Glad you enjoyed it also.. I can feel the breeze and hear the hawaiian music now..

aloha

mouseketeer mom
09-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Join the club. The Poly is amazing. The location, the gardens, the music, the smells, the transportation, the views..the beach..we can't find anything wrong with it...oh! Except we'd love a hot tub..and we'd love Polynesian villas! Our family of 5 is outgrowing the rooms!

baldburke
09-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Join the club. The Poly is amazing. The location, the gardens, the music, the smells, the transportation, the views..the beach..we can't find anything wrong with it...oh! Except we'd love a hot tub..and we'd love Polynesian villas! Our family of 5 is outgrowing the rooms!

I'd second the hot tub. It is nice to be able to come back from the park in the evening an go for a soak. Was there ever one at Poly? The children's fountain area looked like it could have been a hot tub at one time. Or maybe a good place for the future?

mousetrapper
09-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Yes, I agree - Poly is hands-down our family's favorite. We've been lucky enough to stay there twice.

The CBR is our choice when we don't stay at the Poly - it offers the tropical feel we love so much - but nothing beats the location, ambience, lobby, decor, etc. of Poly!