PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 1 & 2 3D Double Feature (Oct 2-16 only!)

jakeofwildwood
08-05-2009, 08:46 AM
I read this morning on Yahoo Entertainment the following clip:

Starting October 2, "Toy Story" and "Toy Story 2" will be shown in a double feature that is only running for two weeks. And to make it even more of an event, they will shown for the first time in 3D. It's all part of Pixar's plans to get everyone ready for "Toy Story 3" next summer.

Has anyone heard anything about this? It was news to me (exciting news).:mickey:

rjmdds
08-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Yes. We saw the preview for the double feature when we went to see G-Force this past weekend. Hopefully the kids can sit through a double feature. We'll be there!

DisneyBabies
08-05-2009, 09:14 AM
When is this happening?

NotaGeek
08-05-2009, 11:28 AM
From the Official Disney Site (http://disney.go.com/toystory/), it starts October 2, 2009. If you search Google you can find the trailer. I will definitely try to hit the theaters for this! I wonder if its a reworked version or just a cheap layover of the Disney 3-D magic?

RedSoxFan
08-05-2009, 11:47 AM
I wish they would release both movies on Blu Ray. Anyone know of any plans to do this in the near future??

rjmdds
08-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Hey Jake,
Just got from a week in the Crest. Had a great week. We go every year. We stay at Seapointe Village at the end of the Crest. Always look forward to our vacation in Wildwood.

mjaclyn
09-23-2009, 08:55 PM
We are very excited about this! DD absolutely LOVES Toy Story 1 and 2 so I know she'll love seeing it on the big screen. Does anyone know if all theaters will be showing it or if it's just select theaters? I really wanted to take her to see the HD version of Wizard of Oz tonight, unfortunately, the closest theater showing it was almost 2 hours away. I'm hoping our local theaters will pick up the Toy Story double feature...I'd really like to take DD to see it. Does anyone know if there is a list of theaters in which it will be shown? There was for WOZ but I looked on the Disney site for TS & TS2 and didn't see anything.

PirateLover
09-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Go to Fandango, search for toy story 1 & 2, type in your zip code, and click showtimes for friday Oct 2nd. All of my local theaters look like they'll have it, hopefully you have similar luck.

Melanie
10-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Starts tomorrow!!! :yay:

My son and I will be there. :thumbsup:

Laughin' place
10-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Just bought my tix for Sat afternoon show, and I cant wait!!
Will post a "review" of the new 3D presentation next week:D

meldan98
10-02-2009, 03:08 PM
I saw a free preview last week and it was amazing. I highly recommend going. They play the 1st movie, and then there is a 10-15 minute intermission. Then the 2nd movie starts right up. I have to say, all 3D movies have given me a headache in the past and this one didn't. This movie was made for 3D. There really aren't any 3D gimics, which I think makes for a better movie, IMO. My dd who is 5 loved it. They added some new outtakes at the end of the 2nd movie, so be sure to stick around for the credits.

mjaclyn
10-02-2009, 04:03 PM
DD and I had plans to see it this morning with her friends, but she came down with a cold yesterday and had a 100.2 fever this morning, so we had to keep her in. She was bummed out but I definitely plan on taking her before the two weeks is up! We both LOVE the Toy Story movies and I can't wait to see it in 3D!

Melanie
10-02-2009, 04:10 PM
They added some new outtakes at the end of the 2nd movie, so be sure to stick around for the credits.

LOVE the Pixar outtakes. I'm glad there are some new ones. We're leaving here in about an hour! :thumbsup:

Melanie
10-02-2009, 10:46 PM
By far my favorite part of the evening was the trivia, etc. between the two flicks. They showed a 'test' from 1992 of Buzz and Woody which was incredible. I wish I could see it again. Wonder who voiced the characters?

Something I never noticed in TS2 before (it's been awhile since I watched it through) was when Al was talking to the Japanese museum folks and says "don't touch my mustache" (dou itashimashi te), which is 'your welcome' in Japanese. That's how my son's culture teacher taught them to say it when we lived there. My son and I laughed out loud at that.

And LOVE Pixar's new logo intro! :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
10-03-2009, 08:26 AM
DH and I are going tonight. It will be very cool to see this in 3D. Can't wait!!

Mickey'sGirl
10-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks for letting us know about the things to look out for!

Bought our tickets for a 2pm showing today. The Toy Story movies are family favourites, and we are really, really pumped!
:clappy: :clappy:

5togetherWDW
10-03-2009, 05:42 PM
We went this morning and loved it.

Definitely take any potty breaks during the credits to Toy story I, as they aren't anything special and are followed by a 10 minute intermission which is fun. :mickey:
We had seen pretty much all of the bonus material - both from the intermission and all the outakes - on the special edition VHS tapes. Still, it was mixed with trivia and character commentary that made it different -- and added to the special event feel. (It was funny, we were talking afterwards -- and the trivia had us all thinking of Lights Motors action, two said they expected it to welcome us to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid.)

The 3D didn't seem gimmicky at all. Mostly, we all notice the heightened level of surfacing -- it was very tactile. You noticed more rust, peeling wallpaper, fabric, etc.

While the experience was great and it all felt natural, I have to admit I would have enjoyed a a bit of tackiness at the end. :blush: You know, after Barbie gives up saying bye bye now -- have a giant paddleball, falling ironing board, flying cream pie, or luxo swing over our heads . . ..

Mickey'sGirl
10-03-2009, 06:03 PM
We had seen pretty much all of the bonus material - both from the intermission and all the outakes - on the special edition VHS tapes. Still, it was mixed with trivia and character commentary that made it different -- and added to the special event feel.
... Same here. We had seen the outtakes on the anniversary DVDs -- but they still make me laugh. :D It was a very LONG time to be at the theatre though.... The show started at 2, and it was 5:30 by the time we were leaving tonight. I told the boys to go out and bounce on the trampoline for an hour to get rid of their pent up energy!

Both DS11 and I had to take Advil before the end of the first movie though. The 3D, although subtle, gave us both headaches. Even so :thumbsup::thumbsup: -- and worth the money!

SurferStitch
10-03-2009, 10:11 PM
LOVE the Pixar outtakes. I'm glad there are some new ones. We're leaving here in about an hour! :thumbsup:

We just left the theater, and there were no new outtakes. They just had the old ones, but they are still awesome!

Melanie
10-03-2009, 11:47 PM
We just left the theater, and there were no new outtakes. They just had the old ones, but they are still awesome!

Oh yeah, I meant to mention that as well. I didn't think there were any new ones. :confused:

d_m_n_n
10-04-2009, 10:31 AM
I am so excited about this today!!! I am taking 5 boys (ranging in age from 7 - 17) to see it :) I have been looking forward to this since I first heard the news. Sadly, we don't have any theaters close showing it...we have to drive 59 miles!! But it will be worth every minute in the car, every ounce of gas, and every penny of admission to see this on the big screen again. :cloud9:

magicofdisney
10-04-2009, 11:32 AM
My 4yo and I went to see this yesterday. He watched both shows without his glasses. I tried several times to get him to put them on but he wasn't having any of it.

Anyway, it was great to see both movies on the big screen. I saw TS1 on the big screen when it first came out but never got to TS2.

For me, the verdict's still out on 3's story line. But I will still go in with an open mind. :mickey:

Melanie
10-04-2009, 11:51 AM
For me, the verdict's still out on 3's story line. But I will still go in with an open mind. :mickey:

I found it a little odd to see Andy as a college student. ;)

Mileyfan1#
10-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Toy Story was always a fav of mine.It was the first movie I seen in the theatrer.You see I was born in the year 1995 the year Toy Story came out.I still have my Woody and Bus Lityear my mom and dad got at burger king.I am still mad though because we did't get RV that Woody and Buz could sit on.I also like Toy Story 2 I love Jessie.3 years ago in my ballet recitel we got to do When Sombody Loved Me.:mickey:

PirateLover
10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
We did NOT get any kind of specially themed intermission at our local Cinemark theater. In fact, their movie times online did not clearly state the way in which they were showing the movies. We went to see "Toy Story 1 & 2" starting at 6:30- Turns out we had to see Toy Story 2 first! They just had it on a loop and were selling tickets to each movie as the double feature. We went into the theater at the end credits of Toy Story 1 to make sure we didn't miss the intermission- but they didn't play it after either film. I will be complaining.

NotaGeek
10-09-2009, 07:18 PM
WOW! How awesome was that movie experience. Disney has really upped it's ante with 3-D and it makes me really look forward to their Holiday feature A Christmas Story ... not to mention Toy Story 3 next June! I was a bit disappointed that the theater charged me a $3 surcharge for the 3D experience. REALLY? Maybe Disney should advertise that they are going to find a way to get back the extra effort from consumers ...

PirateLover
10-10-2009, 04:13 PM
In my complaining about the theater, I realized I forgot to give my actual comments on the movies! I agree, the clarity was incredible. Sometimes 3-D movies can trigger my migraines, but I completely forgot I had glasses on. :thumbsup:

AdventurerKim
10-16-2009, 06:53 PM
This was an awesome experience! The 3D was great! :mickey:

NJDad
10-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Held over...

Melanie
10-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Held over...

Really? This kinda surprises me. Of course I LOVED it, but the theater we saw it in opening night wasn't even half full. This is great though if more can see it! :thumbsup: