PDA

View Full Version : Campfire questions

PrincessJadesMom
09-23-2009, 07:46 PM
We have never been to the campfire. Can we go if we are staying at Pop? How far is it to walk if we take the boat from Magic Kingdom? I s there an easy way to get there? Thanks for the info!:camp:

faline
09-23-2009, 08:11 PM
You can certainly attend.

From the boat ramp, it's just a short walk to the internal bus stop - about 1/4 mile. From there, you want to take a bus to the Meadows area - just ask the bus driver.

WDWdriver
09-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Yep. The campfire program is open to all Disney resort guests, and it is FREE! As Linda said, you can take the internal bus from the boat dock area. You can also walk to the campfire from the boat dock. It's a about a 15 - 20 minute hike, and you can ask a CM to point the way.

Be sure to find out when the last boat leaves for MK (it is based on the MK closing time). If you stay too late at the campfire and miss the last boat, you may have to get back to POP by bus via Downtown Disney. That's a long trip.

baldburke
09-24-2009, 09:28 AM
PJM: You can also do the camp fire at GF. The shortest route is probably to take the boat from MK to GF then catch the monorail back to MK. The movie and fire are just south of the pool.

MirandaC
09-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Isn't there also a campfire at POFQ? If so, what details can anyone share?

GrumpyFan
09-24-2009, 10:49 AM

I've never heard of a campfire for POFQ, at least not something that's open to everybody like the one at Fort Wilderness. They may have a small fire pit kind of like the one at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I don't think they have a singalong with characters and a movie.

WDWdriver
09-24-2009, 10:49 PM

There is no published movie schedule for POFQ, and I have never heard of a campfire program there. The original (and best) campfire program is still at Fort Wilderness.