PDA

View Full Version : Airline Check-In at DME counter?

BluegrassDaisy
09-22-2009, 02:37 PM
This is the 1st time that I will be paying for checked baggage. I understand that I will need to do that in advance in order to take care of my airline check-in at the resort on the morning of my departure from WDW. I had not planned on bringing my laptop. My question is can I do this by phone? Do I have any other options?? 10 more days:mickey:

It'sWDW4me
09-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm almost positive that a laptop is considered a carry-on. I definitely wouldn't let it go through checked luggage if you would want to ever see it again.

Have a fantastic trip!!!!! :mickey:

BluegrassDaisy
09-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Just to clarify - I meant that without my laptop I don't know how to take care of paying in advance for my checked luggage. Sorry for the confusion!!

MNNHFLTX
09-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes, the day prior to our departure from Animal Kingdom Lodge we received an envelope on the door with information on how to check out at the resort the following day and it included a number to call to pay the fee for our checked baggage for the return trip. You will probably received the same information, but just in case the number for Bags Inc. (who handles the luggage transfers for Magical Express) is 407-285-1231. You can call between 7:00 am and 11:00 pm eastern time.

BluegrassDaisy
09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks Beth, I will make sure I have that number when I leave next week.

Gusgus
09-23-2009, 12:44 PM
We had a split stay a few weeks ago, first at PO and then at the Beach club. Neither time did I get an envelope or notice to call and pay a day ahead of time. However I did know about needing to call a special number from reading here at Intercot.

What I did is go to Bell services and ask about it. They gave me a business card with the phone number and a place on the card to write the confirmation number. My message: Don't rely on having someone give you the information. You may have to ask. You should also pay the day before you leave.

Gusgus

wdwfan
09-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Yes, the day prior to our departure from Animal Kingdom Lodge we received an envelope on the door with information on how to check out at the resort the following day and it included a number to call to pay the fee for our checked baggage for the return trip. You will probably received the same information, but just in case the number for Bags Inc. (who handles the luggage transfers for Magical Express) is 407-285-1231. You can call between 7:00 am and 11:00 pm eastern time.

Isn't the phone number?
Baggage Airline Guest Services at 407-284-1231
Maybe the 285 works too, but I've always used 284.