PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef vs. Marakesh

2 princes and a princess
09-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Our ADR window will be opening up in a few weeks. We have never tried Marakesh or Coral Reef. How is the food? Atmosphere? We will have three children with us, is there anything for them? looking forward to your reply.

green ranger
09-22-2009, 08:41 AM
We have never been to Marakesh, but we have been to Coral Reef and really enjoyed it. Eating and watching the fish was so relaxing and fun. Our children loved it. The food and service was excellent too.

Mickey'sGirl
09-22-2009, 09:07 AM
.... we've never eaten at the Coral Reef, but have eaten at Marrakesh many times. :D

Our kids love Marrakesh -- there is a band that plays, and a very lovely belly dancer (not lewd or rude or anything... she's just really lovely), and children are invited up to join in the dancing. It is very entertaining.

Foodwise, I know there is Moroccan spaghetti on the menu for kids, and there is also roast chicken ... so there are some familiar "kid-friendly" choices at Marrakesh if you are interested.

Pally
09-22-2009, 01:59 PM
We have eaten at both restaurants. Which one to eat at, this would depend upon what your children's ages are and food tastes. At Coral Reef the atmosphere is nice. The wall aquarium is awesome. The restaurant is small. They can have long waits. I find the menu is limited especailly if you have young children. They do no substitutions. We did like the food in Dec 2006. My boys were 12 and 13. Service is slow so you will have to patient.

We recently went to Marakesh in August 2009. We wanted to try something adventurous. We were afraid of all the varing opinions. We were pleasantly surprised. We were seated on time and on the side of the dance floor. The seating area is quite large. There were two musicains playing music. It was qutie enjoyable. They also had a belly dancer. She did a short show which was entertaining. She then called upon all the young girls to come forward and try to learn some dancing. It was quite precious to see the little girls.

In regards to food, we basically stuck to things that we knew we would like but with a Morrocan twist. The lemon chicken was very good. Kabobs were good. Bascially, it was a nice meal. Our server was a lovely young woman who was very attentive. No complaints at all.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

r4kids
09-23-2009, 01:30 PM
We have eaten in both also. We really enjoyed them both for different reasons. Both have "entertainment" Coral Reef a huge aquarium and Marrakesh the live music and dancers. It also depends on whether you like seafood/steaks or Moroccan food. We recommend picky eaters Coral Reef and those that like to have a change Marrakesh.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-24-2009, 10:01 AM
We've never been to Coral reef, but we tried Marakesh in December....the decor is very nice, good servers and cool band and belly dancer....however, none of us liked the food....

GrmGrninGost
09-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Over the last 3 to 4 years, I have found the food and service at Coral Reef to be exceptional. It has become my favorite table service in all of WDW. :mickey:

diz_girl
09-25-2009, 02:07 PM
We also ate at Marrakesh in December. It was our first time there and we were there for lunch. I like variety, but I'm not what you call an adventurous eater. I had the chicken and it was great and everyone else was very happy with their meal. DH really liked the soup. The restaurant was a nice change of pace - our server was good and we really enjoyed the entertainment.

darthmacho
09-25-2009, 03:04 PM
We've been to both, and while Coral Reef is a nice take, I loved the food at Marrakesh, and I agree that the music and the belly dancer were a real treat. As others have said, the belly dancer is kid friendly, and not lewd at all. Check out the menus online, that might help.

ransam
09-27-2009, 02:21 AM
i have eaten at both, and both were awesome....
both had great food, both had great atmosphere.
both had great c ustomer service. You won't go wrong either way.