PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from airport

disneymomw_3boys
09-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Having my two college age son fly in during our Disney trip to surprise:secret: MOM on her birthday :party:and stay for the weekend.

I need to get them from the airport to the property without picking them up so they can surprise her for dinner.

Whats the fastest and best priced way to get them to the resort:confused:. We will be at the Poly, they land at 7:15 and dinner is at 9:00.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

CleveRocks
09-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Are they named on the rom reservation. If they are, then they can use Disney's Magical Express for free.

BigRedDad
09-22-2009, 07:29 AM
If they can take DME, they should be at the Poly around 8:30 - 8:45PM. That is cutting it close and any slight delay could hinder that. A towncar service would probably be fastest because they would go straight to the Poly, especially if they only have carry-on luggage. DME will stop at several resorts on the way in to Poly. I don't recall if that is the first stop or not, but I know it went to Poly, GF, WL, and Fort Wilderness when I went in Nov. I think Poly was first.

VWL Mom
09-22-2009, 07:41 AM
If using a towncar I recommend Quicksilver. They are an Intercot sponsor. We have used them numerous times and are very satisfied with there service. I believe the one way is $55.00.

faline
09-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Very tight schedule. Any glitch can really set them back - a delay on the flight leaving or landing; delayed luggage; traffic....Hope it all works out. Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/) might be your best option for transportation though delays in other areas could defeat your plans!

Patricia
09-22-2009, 07:58 PM
I'd go with Quicksilver. The driver will be waiting for them in the luggage area and take them straight to the resort.

CleveRocks
09-22-2009, 10:34 PM
If they can take DME, they should be at the Poly around 8:30 - 8:45PM. That is cutting it close and any slight delay could hinder that. A towncar service would probably be fastest because they would go straight to the Poly, especially if they only have carry-on luggage. DME will stop at several resorts on the way in to Poly. I don't recall if that is the first stop or not, but I know it went to Poly, GF, WL, and Fort Wilderness when I went in Nov. I think Poly was first.There are no pre-set groupings of resorts on DME, and no pre-set order of drop-offs. It can be different each and every time.

On average, the DME bus (and skipping baggage claim) should take about the same amount of time as a car service + waiting at baggage claim. However, if they have ONLY carry-on bags, I agree that a car service will be quicker than DME.