PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Area to Magic Mountain

egospotter
09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Again, we are in the early stages of planning our 2010 trip. We have season passes to the Six Flags by us (Great America) and thought it might be cool to go to Magic Mountain as we can get in "free" with or passes.

Has anyone been? We will not have a car, so does anyone know the best way to get there, i.e. which shuttle services go there and so forth?

robnadina
09-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi There
I work here in Valenica right around the corner from Magic Mountain. MM is about 45 min to an hour north of Disneyland. I dont know if the hotels have a shuttle that comes up here as I have never had to use one. I am sure that something could be arranged for a fee. The cabs here are expensive (in my opinion) and the public transportation from Anaheim to Valencia is not the best. You may want to consider renting a car for the day because it may cost just as much as a shuttle.
Also, during the off season, MM is closed during the week and only open Fri-Sun. So you may want to check their website while making your plans. Good Luck, I hope you find a way to make it work.

Disney4us2
09-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Hi There
I work here in Valenica right around the corner from Magic Mountain. MM is about 45 min to an hour north of Disneyland. I dont know if the hotels have a shuttle that comes up here as I have never had to use one. I am sure that something could be arranged for a fee. The cabs here are expensive (in my opinion) and the public transportation from Anaheim to Valencia is not the best. You may want to consider renting a car for the day because it may cost just as much as a shuttle.
Also, during the off season, MM is closed during the week and only open Fri-Sun. So you may want to check their website while making your plans. Good Luck, I hope you find a way to make it work.

:ditto:
I live near MM, and it is quite a distance from DL. Like Robnadina said. You would probably need to rent a car. Getting there is easy though taking the 5 freeway all the way up.

NotaGeek
09-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Again, we are in the early stages of planning our 2010 trip. We have season passes to the Six Flags by us (Great America) and thought it might be cool to go to Magic Mountain as we can get in "free" with or passes.

Has anyone been? We will not have a car, so does anyone know the best way to get there, i.e. which shuttle services go there and so forth?
If you won't be renting a car you can ask the hotel concierge, there's tours to Magic Mountain, but they might require ticket purchase.

You can rent a car for the day right from DTD for about $80 at most for an intermediate. You can search on Alamo for the location -- and if you Google you can find tour companies including Grayline that might be able to do tours.