PDA

View Full Version : February

luvwinnie
09-21-2009, 01:54 PM
I have been to Disney in March (too crowded) and in September (love it). However, I am thinking about going in February. Please share your experiences visiting in early February.

cer
09-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Crowds are low in early Feb. Be prepared for anything weather-wise.

Last year it was so cold that instead of selling rain ponchos at the check-out stands they were selling caps, gloves and scarves. I was glad I brought some long underwear. (Florida was having record lows last year-when we were there.)

Temps generally are cool in the morning and evening and crowds are low.

Also, parks close early during this time of year...

We will be there again Jan 30-Feb 6 of 2010....so Feb has been good to us...

disneymom15
09-21-2009, 02:29 PM
My daughter and I did a 4 day weekend a few years ago. Crowds were low, weather was nice (warm during the day, cool at night). I wouldn't hesitate to go again.

Suz36
09-21-2009, 10:24 PM
We, too, were there for the record lows last year. Besides the 2 really cold days, though, the weather was nice. And crowds were very manageable.

faline
09-22-2009, 07:16 PM
You already know temps can be quite variable at this time of year. Early February generally features low crowds but that changes as you get closer to Presidents' Day weekend.

MonoMan
09-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Our annual trip to WDW has been the end of Jan to the first week of Feb for many years. The weather can vary, we've had times when it was chilly and times when we spent a whole day at Blizzard Beach. The crowds were typically less than other times we had visited. This past trip we went Feb 7th to Feb 14th and it was packed the entire trip. I know our trip ended right at the President's Day holiday weekend, and they were also running several promotions. We decided that we will push our next "winter trip" back into January. I hope you have a great time!

eel
09-23-2009, 12:42 PM
We always go to WDW the end of January or first of February. We believe it's the absolute best time to go for low crowd levels.

The only concern I ever have with that time of year is actually getting out of STL because of weather (We're 2 1/2 hours south of you). We fly non-stop to MCO so that we can maybe bypass iffy weather conditions at connecting airports.

Anyway, just like home where it might actually make it into the 60's and be sunny during the day it seems to always start out cool and damp and then cools off again as the sun goes down. At disney, I learned the meaning of LAYERING. Hope you have a good time if you choose to go.

SandmanGStefani24
09-23-2009, 11:00 PM
i went to see WDW and the Daytona Duel races in Feb. Perfect time to go, and enjoyed it so much will be doing it again! Crowds are very easy to work with, but the weather can be tricky. Pack a set of cold, mild, and warm weather clothes. My 3 days there last trip, one day was cool, one warm, and the last pretty darn hot. The trip to the airport was cool again, so just be prepared to wing it clothes wise. Have fun!

Iluvpooh
09-24-2009, 11:44 AM
[quote=MonoMan;1962284]Our annual trip to WDW has been the end of Jan to the first week of Feb for many years. The weather can vary, we've had times when it was chilly and times when we spent a whole day at Blizzard Beach. The crowds were typically less than other times we had visited. This past trip we went Feb 7th to Feb 14th and it was packed the entire trip. I know our trip ended right at the President's Day holiday weekend, and they were also running several promotions. We decided that we will push our next "winter trip" back into January. I hope you have a great time![/quote
We were there the 5th-14th too. First few days were cold. Middle of the week perfect weather and crowds. Weekend, packed!! If you can get in and out before Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend.
As far as the weather, you never know it rained everyday the week before we left. We only got rained on one day while we were there. The first few days we were there there was frost on the ground in the mornings. Our last day we went for a swim at the resort. Crazy weather. We liked Feb. so much that wew are going again this year the 5th-12th.
Still hoping for a discount.:cool:

Disney Doll
09-24-2009, 12:10 PM
We really enjoy late Jan/early Feb. The weather is anyone's guess so we always come prepared with a bit of everything. We were sweltering with record highs this past Jan, but have also been bundled in coats and gloves in February. Crowds are very light. Do be sure to avoid the holidays though. MLK and President's Day do increase the crowd levels.

Also, I feel obligated to mentioned that we have run into high school cheer competitions the week before President's Day. Honestly we aren't bothered by them in the least and it's not something that would make me reconsider February, but I have heard others complain about giggly teen girls and I know some find the cheer groups annoying. Really though they are there to compete so they spend most of their time outside the parks. They do have some park time, but were it not for the matching tees and hair bows I wouldn't be able to tell them apart from the normal crowd. When I have seen them in the parks it's usually smaller groups with a parent chaperone.