PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club vs Yacht Club vs Boardwalk Inn

Mr_Increddieble
09-21-2009, 10:19 AM
We are contemplating our Early May 2010 trip and are looking for the piece of info that will tilt the scales toward one of the above resorts. We've never even been to the Boardwalk area of WDW. I think the Stormalong Bay swim area is pretty cool. What else should I consider when choosing among the 3?
Thank you for the help.

eel
09-21-2009, 11:35 AM
We always stay in that area at the BWI or BWV. We like the location close to Epcot as we seem to end up our evenings there :beer::blush:. The resorts are an easy (albeit uphill from the BWI and BWV) stroll to Epcot. MGM is also an easy boat ride from the area too.

bkfree
09-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Yacht Club is our most favorite. We have two young kiddos and they felt very comfy and like VIP's here. The CM were amazing and seemed very happy to see the youngsters here.
It is our top resort for location at WDW.

PlutoPlanet
09-21-2009, 12:27 PM
The pool at BW is good too. Of course Stormalong Bay is better. BW may be a bit cheaper. At least for DVC points it can be.

bruin1344
09-21-2009, 01:00 PM
ive only stayed at BC but have been to all 3. The 3 are great resorts. I prefer BC over YC due to closer proximity to Epcot and BC over BW because of Stormalong Bay.

Ian
09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
I've stayed at all three and here are my rankings:

Beach Club - Best location of all the resorts, best pool, and best atmosphere.
Boardwalk - Good spot along the boardwalk area and lots to do, but can get a little noisy depending on where your room is. Good theming and a good pool. A bit longer walk to Epcot than Beach Club, though.
Yacht Club - Kinda like Beach Club only farther from International Gateway and a little stuffier in terms of the theming. Still a very nice resort with the same access to Stormalong Bay as Beach Club, but just a tweak lower than the other two due to distance and less desirable theming.

Seasonscraps
09-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Of the three resorts, I prefer the Boardwalk. I love the location, the Boardwalk itself, the pool area, theming, etc.

The BC & YC are really nice too but I am probably one of five people that have no interest in Storm Along Bay. It always looks crazy crowded and I don't like that you have to cross the walkway to go on the slide and that it's so exposed to the walkway in general.

Hammer
09-21-2009, 01:26 PM
I've stayed at 2 of the three. While the pool at Beach Club is great and I love the location, I had a service problem there last time with the valets and the front desk, so I'm a little nervous about my stay there in 6 days. We'll see what happens.

I had the BEST service at Boardwalk when I stayed there in 2005. My Mom actually got sick while there and she and Dad had to return home (Clearwater) so she could go to her doctor and hospital (reaction to kidney issues and had nothing to do with Disney). The staff was fantastic and even called me the next day to ask how my Mom was doing.

Ian
09-21-2009, 01:30 PM
I had the BEST service at Boardwalk when I stayed there in 2005. My Mom actually got sick while there and she and Dad had to return home (Clearwater) so she could go to her doctor and hospital (reaction to kidney issues and had nothing to do with Disney). The staff was fantastic and even called me the next day to ask how my Mom was doing.Actually, I'll second that. I had some of my best Disney service ever at the Boardwalk. Their staff is super helpful!

Checkers
09-21-2009, 04:08 PM
:mickey:We've stayed at all three and enjoyed each one, however, we prefer the BWI because the walk from the YC/BC just to reach the walkway to Epcot/DHS and the boat dock is quite a distance. Stormalong Bay is great but the pool is not that important to us. We love the atmosphere at the BW and have never had a noise problem either at BWI or BWVs.

Any of these hotels is great so I don't think you can wrong.

Imagineer1981
09-21-2009, 05:32 PM
I have only ever stayed at Beach Club, but it is definitely my home. For whatever reason we never stay at Yacht Club and in fact, tend to forget about it.

TammiMcMan
09-21-2009, 06:11 PM
BWI - Pros

equi-distant to both Epcot & DHS
lots of dining options
lots of entertainment options
BW views offer great people watching

BWI - Cons

scary Clown pool
you have to walk outside for meals
can get noisy

BC - Pros

closest in proximity to Epcot Int'l gateway
Stormalong Bay
on the quiet side of the lake

BC - Cons

lack of full balconies in many rooms
longer walk to the resort boat launch to DHS

YC - Pros

second closest resort to Epcot Int'l gateway (the walk is about 2 minutes longer than BC)
close to the resort boat launch
Stormalong Bay
no character meal (quieter lobby)

YC - Cons

theme is often considered stuffy & adult oriented
terrible standard views (definitely pay more for water view)

Hammer
09-21-2009, 08:44 PM
BWI - Cons

scary Clown pool

Tammi, you owe me monitor cleaner :funny: !

jonahbear2006
09-21-2009, 09:48 PM
stormalong bay wasnt busy when we were there. the girls were able to wonder farther but we were able to sit in the sandy water and watch the boys without having to go to the baby pool! It was amazing. I prefer the relaxed colors and sounds of the beach club over the yacht club and the beach club has the solarium; which is nice for relaxing and watching tv. Beach club is also the closest to Epcot, so we prefer that location. I love the boardwalk and luna park as well however I cant imagine turning down stormalong bay for luna park. Also, I would miss the wonderful beach at the beach club to walk down at night and watch movies by. Truthfully though, you should scan pics online for what look you want in your room and lobby and such, cause these three resorts are so close that its a personal choice.

jakeybake
09-22-2009, 09:05 AM
I have also stayed at all 3 and for me (and my family if you were to ask them as well) it's the BC hands down.

I love the atmosphere, decor, proximity to Epcot and Cape May Cafe.

Now to be honest, staying at any one of them is really like staying at any of them in regards to dining options. I always feel like BW/YC/BC dining establishments are all one in the same because of the location.

I stayed at the YC twice last year for work trainings and the atmosphere is much more quite and stuffy in comparison to the BC, which is lively and light.

The BW atmosphere, though elegant, is a bit, I don't know, strange to me. I think it's the layout of the resort. You have the main lobby but there is always so much hustle and bustle going on that to me it doesn't feel like "my" resort, it feels like I'm staying in the middle of a theme park.

Crazy sounding I know but I just didn't like having to go downstairs and outside for a morning coffee or snack, or having my resort be party central after coming back from a long day at the parks.

Just my .2 cents.

Jay

RAIDER
09-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Very interesting feedback from this a thread as i was contemplating the same in June next year .After reading the threads i have totall dismissed the YC out of the three and favouring the BW over the BC by a smidge :thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
09-23-2009, 11:52 AM
BWI - Pros
scary Clown pool

Uh, I would not categorize the BW Clown pool as "scary." Just my humble opinion.

ThanxForNoticin
09-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Uh, I would not categorize the BW Clown pool as "scary." Just my humble opinion.

I wouldn't either. But I know of at least 2 families who think that the clown pool is quite scary. Some folks just don't like clowns...

eel
09-23-2009, 04:03 PM
You know, oddly enough my dd who was always petrified of clowns was NEVER bothered by the clown at the pool. Go figure. Maybe because we never said anything about it other than, "look at the cool slide" and off she went.

dream_disney
09-24-2009, 06:11 PM
I have stayed at the BC and BW. I LOVE the Beach Club. The cast members are so nice, lots of CMs to pin trade with, AMAZING pool (it's NEVER crouded at night.. we had it to ourselves around ten at night two different nights last november) and an amazing location! :mickey:

queenmom9497
09-24-2009, 06:24 PM
We have stayed at BWI and YC with our most recent visit being at YC. Both places are fabulous but we prefer the Boardwalk for choices of things to do. The one night we went to the pool at YC/BC we were there only a short time when the lifeguard stated "the pool needs to be closed for unscheduled maintenance." Another lifeguard came out with a skimmer, gloves and bucket and proceded to hunt down some "doodie" to take out of the pool. Yes there were many little people in the pool at this time.:( Needless to say, DD's , DH and I went back to our room and the quiet pool outside our room patio. We did not return to Stormalong Bay the rest of the trip. I must say our check in process was amazing at both resorts but we were unable to find a place to eat anywhere at YC/BC due to unavailability. We enjoyed Spoodles (when it was open), ESPN Club and the Boardwalk Bakery at BWI and our room during that visit was a mere hop, skip and a jump from the Belle Vue Bar!:beer::marg:But, the locations for both of these resorts cannot be beat for any Epcot or DHS fans!

jnfr2424
09-26-2009, 08:23 AM
The pool at BW is good too. Of course Stormalong Bay is better. BW may be a bit cheaper. At least for DVC points it can be.

I just did pricing for during Thanksgivng and Y & BC was cheaper than BW only by $20

KODABEAR
09-28-2009, 06:24 PM
All three are great!! You can't go wrong with any of the three!!:number1::lei: