PDA

View Full Version : Les Chefs de France

tnpoohbear
09-21-2009, 07:57 AM
We have an ADR for our upcoming trip in 3 weeks. We have never eaten there before, can anyone tell me about the food, I have a picky 16 year old who loves pasta and pizza. We there be anything there that he could eat? He will not eat fish at all? What is the best there to get? Thanks for any info!:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
09-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Could one of these entrees make him happy?

Lasagnes de legumes du soleil a l'huile d'olive au thym - zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions and tomato baked into thin layers of pasta - $19.95

Gratin de macaroni - Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese $18.95

Plat de Cote de Boeuf au Cabarnet avec pates - Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet with pasta, pearl onions and mushrooms $28.95

Demi poulet fermier roti, pommes rissolees et tomate grillee - Half of an all-natural roasted chicken, rissole potatoes and grilled tomato $25.95

Filet de boeuf grille, sauce au poivre noir Gratin Dauphinois et haricots verts - Grilled tenderloin of beef with a black pepper sauce original potato gratin of Savoy and green beans $34.95

SBETigg
09-21-2009, 11:14 AM
The gratin de macaroni is pretty basic, like mac and cheese. They also have flatbread appetizers.

My daughter was picky when we first went to Chefs de France and it ended up being her favorite. I would recommend he studies the menu and tries something, maybe even off the kids menu, and if he doesn't like it, there's always dessert and you can get him something later. That's how we ate where we wanted and kept the peace with my daughter when she was in her picky phase. We asked her to just try something and if she didn't like it, we would get her something counter-service later. Every time, she ended up liking what she ordered and leaving full. And now she's no longer a picky eater. I hope it works out for you!

bkfree
09-21-2009, 12:01 PM
We ate at Chefs for the first time on our last trip. The food was great and our two kids, ages 8 and 10, loved their meals too.

I do want to say that even with an ADR, we waited about 40 minutes for our table. While the food was great, the long wait was really a turn off for us. I would recommend checking in at least 30 minutes before your ADR. The table turnover does not seem to be very fast here.

tnpoohbear
09-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the info - he like lasagna but not with all the other stuff in it (he also has autism so getting him to try new things is like pulling teeth).

My DD is crazy about anything France and will actually be going there this coming summer so she is looking forward to it.

Thanks for your help!

ElenitaB
09-21-2009, 10:03 PM
When we were last there in December, one of the young men at our table ordered the Alsatian flatbread (flatbread baked with creme fraiche, onion and bacon). He was kind enough to share and I must say that it was pretty darn good. It's not your typical tomato sauce/mozzarella cheese pie, but I know that my bacon-loving teen would have liked it as well.

MadMadamMim
09-24-2009, 08:40 AM
I second the Alsatian flatbread, it may be my favorite food I've ever had in EPCOT. For an individual with Autism the textures are pretty basic, if he can deal with the texture of typical pizza that would be a good alternative.

Twinsowner
09-25-2009, 09:28 AM
I also have had the chicken and the braised short ribs. Both are excellent and the chicken should be a basic flavor. Both are extremely tender and come with potatoes or pasta. I was really shocked at how tender the ribs were last year. If he likes chicken or beef I think thses might be worth a try.

5togetherWDW
09-25-2009, 09:48 AM
My sons were wary of the choices, but - as we went during lunch - both ate well. My picky preteen was delighted that the lunch menu has a burger with fries -- he loved it! My pasta and pretzle loving son wanted neither the burger nor the adult (baked and white coloring) mac and cheese -- so, the waiter offered the childrens pasta which was listed with chicken. My son requested it "plain". The waiter happily brought plain pasta and a few toppings, in case. My son was then able to add sauce and cheese to his liking. Both boys ate well and have said they would like to return.