PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving 09

rkmemkc
09-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Hello everyone!! We are heading 'home' this Thanksgiving. I have been there quite a bit but never for Thanksgiving. Some questions for you...What are the crowds like? Is there anything 'special' going on? Any ideas for the big turkey dinner...either onsite or off. We are condo-ing it so we will have a car. Thank you very much for any info, advice or ideas. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
09-21-2009, 09:22 AM
We were in WDW for Thanksgiving of 2007 and will be there again this year. The crowds weren't nearly as bad as everyone had claimed they'd be. We were able to do and see everything we wanted and still find time to relax. We always take at least one day off from the parks. We managed to take two days off from parks and spend a day at Sea World and still found we were able to easily do everything we wanted. We arrived the Thursday the week before Thanksgiving and left the Saturday after Thanksgiving. So we stayed a total of 9 nights. There was nothing special going on for Thanksgiving, but all of the Christmas events were in full swing by the time we were leaving. We toured all the resorts to see their christmas decorations, we saw the osborne lights at DHS, we went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party at MK, and saw all the holiday stuff going on at Epcot. As far as Thanksgiving dinner goes, if you haven't already make any ADRs for Thanksgiving day your options may be limited. We had Tday dinner at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club and it was wonderful so we've booked our dinner there again this year. Have a fun trip!!

jnfr2424
09-21-2009, 11:32 AM
We were there Thanksgiving 2008 and are going back this year (see you there!)
Ditto on the crowds it wasn't as bad as people are stating. We arrive on Thanksgiving Eve and crowds were there especially DHS and MK on Thanksgiving Day so we went to AK which was not bad crowd wise.The crowds thin out by Saturday. Black Friday its all about Christmas from the decorations, lights to the cups and napkins change!! Enjoy and have a GREAT time!

mousetrapper
09-21-2009, 05:43 PM
We were at WDW Thanksgiving week 2007. It got more crowded the closer it got to the holiday, but it wasn't unbearable. I did notice some of the popular attractions were harder to access because of longer lines. Because of the holiday, however, the parks were open longer so that helped a great deal.

We ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern in MK and it was very nice. Traditional American fare - various meats (turkey, ham, beef) and sides (macaroni and cheese, green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy etc.) served family style. Not a gourmet meal but satisfying.

The atmosphere was pleasant and the characters looked darling in their colonial garb.

I'll be at WDW this year 11/19 - 11/23 - leaving the Monday before Thanksgiving.

Have a wonderful trip!

rkmemkc
09-21-2009, 07:30 PM
I knew I could count on my Intercot family to chime in with helpful info!! You guys are the best!!! Thank you all very very much!! :mickey: