PDA

View Full Version : DDP Question with Child Under 2

#1Dduckfan
09-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Hopefully someone can help me out with this. I had to make some changes to my ADR's because now we have 1 additional adult and a child under the age of 2 coming. I was told by the WDW Dining Representative when making my reservations that I shouldn't ask for a plate for our under 2 guest, because since we are on the dining plan they may charge us for his plate then. It sounded a little strange and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with using the dining plan with a child under 2, and if they did encounter this problem when asking for an additional plate.

green ranger
09-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Our daughter was 18 months when we used the dining plan three years ago. The servers always brought a plate for her so we could give her food from our plates. When we did buffets, we would just make her own dish. We never had any problems with being charged extra regarding food for her. The only thing I remember that we may have had to pay for is if we ordered her a milk or something. That's the only thing I remember having to pay for sometimes.
Hope that helps.

kathiep
09-20-2009, 04:20 PM
When my DD was under 3, my experiences were pretty much the same as the previous poster. Most servers just gave us a plate and we let her take from our plates as well as her brothers. There was always more than enough food, even at counter services. We usually ordered a drink for her though and did have to pay for that.

princessesmom
09-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Children under 3 are not charged at buffets and family style restaurants including their drink. At all others, you can share from your plates at no charge. If you order something for the child including a drink you will be charged. I found there was generally plenty of food to go around and did not order a meal for the under 3 child.

#1Dduckfan
09-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Thank you everyone, that does help.