PDA

View Full Version : Jan. Crowd Levels

georger
09-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Has anyone ever been the week of Martin Luther King? Our kids have most of the week off and would only miss 2 days of school. The touring plans website has 6's and 5's with the actual holiday as a 7 or 8 (I think...) anyway just curious and wondering if anyone's ever been.... Also how is the weather?

VWL Mom
09-20-2009, 08:54 AM
We went for the long weekend a few years back and the crowds were not bad at all, however, that may have been because it was so cold and the locals stayed home. I asked DH to put on the weather and heard the man saying it was 30 with an expected high of 45. I said "smartguy, I meant FL not NY weather". He said "this is the FL weather". So we bundled up and had a great time (and the best hot cocoa at AK).

RaRaRoundTheWorld
09-20-2009, 10:00 AM
We've been right around that time for the last three years. The days right after Christmas and New Years had decent-sized crowds by the early afternoon. Closer to mid-January - we had very light lines by mid-afternoon. The worst it's ever been was 20-30 minutes with no Fast Pass. Before noon, however, we have just about walked onto a ride or stood for maybe 5 minutes. One year we road the Pirates of the Carribbean 5 times in a row with no wait.

Twinkletoes77705
09-20-2009, 10:47 PM
I went during this week in 08....welp we are going back the same time in 2010. My older son is blind and autistic...and trust me if it was too bad I would NOT go back this week. I also went in September too. It was about the same. However I WOULD avoid MK that Sat. We went for wishes and Spectro...it was CRAZY! Yet everything else was fine. I will ALWAYS go this time. Weather is great and crowds perfect! Just look to see what days are good for each park...and you will be PERFECT!