PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whip Float vs Dole Soft Serve?

DisneyFr33k
09-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Ok, we've been to The World 5 times over the past 6 years and we're ashamed to say we've never heard of the Dole Whip Floats. :blush: Thanks to Intercot, we are looking forward to trying one during our next trip! :rocks:

Questions:

What is the difference between a Dole Whip Soft Serve (listed on the menu) and the Dole Whip Floats (not listed on the menu but you all highly recommend)?
Which is better?

Thanks for all your help!!!!

34 days to go!!

Madame Leona
09-20-2009, 08:45 AM
I love the dole whip float. It's just so stinkin' tasty that there are no words for it. I thought it was on the menu though.

DisneyFr33k
09-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Here is what I see on the menu:

Dole Whip Soft Serve (pineapple, vanilla, chocolate, or swirl) - $2.89

Citrus Swirl - Frozen Orange and Vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream $2.89

Pineapple Float - pineapple or orange Dole Whip with pineapple juice $3.99

Coke or Root Beet Float with vanilla Dole Whip $3.79

Is the DoleWhip Float the Pineapple Float?

Joy2theworld
09-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Yes... the Pineapple Float is the Dole Whip float. Both the regular dole whip and the float are great! When i need more of a refreshment, I get the float because you get the juice as well as the dole whip.

kakn7294
09-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Yes, the Pineapple float is what many of us call the Dole Whip float. It's the Dole Whip pineapple or orange soft serve with pineapple juice and it's fantastic! I like the all pineapple version. And now you've got me craving them. I think I have to go to the store now...

DisneyFr33k
09-20-2009, 12:30 PM
So, let me see if I have this straight. What you are calling the Dole Whip is just soft serve ice cream. The Dole Whip Float is ice cream with pineapple juice? Can you pick different between orange or pineapple soft serve in the float? If so, which is better?

Thanks for your advice!

SBETigg
09-20-2009, 01:03 PM
So, let me see if I have this straight. What you are calling the Dole Whip is just soft serve ice cream. The Dole Whip Float is ice cream with pineapple juice? Can you pick different between orange or pineapple soft serve in the float? If so, which is better?

Thanks for your advice!

When most people refer to "the Dole Whip." they are referring to the actual pineapple flavored soft serve ice cream, though they do sell the standard chocolate and vanilla soft serve as Dole Whip Soft Serve as well. The orange is Citrus Swirl. You can have it in a cup or cone, or in a float (basically the soft serve or citrus swirl in pineapple juice, you can get any flavor but again, when we talk Dole Whip most of us just automatically mean the pineapple flavor).

I prefer my Dole Whip (pineapple) served in a cone or cup, not as a float. I think the float makes it too heavy and juicy and actually takes away from the smooth creamy flavor of the soft serve on its own.

stitchaholic
09-20-2009, 01:10 PM
i'm a fan of the straight pinapple dole whip.

DisneyFr33k
09-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Man, you all are making it tough to decide! The best solution I've got now is to try both! Thanks everyone! My family can't wait to try them! :eat:

artyboy
09-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Warning!!!

They are highly addictive!

I'll be having one in 11 days!!!

LudwigVonDrake
09-20-2009, 04:24 PM
I've never had the float but the soft serve is :tasty:

Disney4us2
09-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Dole Whips... in a cup:thumbsup:
or maybe a root:beer: float.:mickey:

tinksmom02
09-20-2009, 05:34 PM
:cloud9: We enjoyed pineapple floats on two occasions during our visit last week :papple:

Each time I ordered, the CM asked what kind of soft serve I wanted, so you do have a choice. We always go with pineapple soft serve and pineapple juice, though.

They no longer have chocolate soft serve, though, much to my daughter's disappointment.

Aggie97
09-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I like to get a pineapple-vanilla swirl Dole Whip. I sometimes order a glass of cold pineapple juice on the side.

My husband usually prefers to get a float, but made with pineapple-vanilla swirl (rather than plain pineapple).

Enjoy! :mickey:

jonahbear2006
09-20-2009, 09:19 PM
love love loved the pineapple dole whip float with the pineapple juice!

prttynpnk
09-21-2009, 08:57 AM
I can think of nothing better than grabbing a jungle cruise fast pas and enjoying a float while we wait...ahh....

SingingLights
09-21-2009, 02:45 PM
The pineapple Dole Whip with the pineapple juice a must for each trip. We only wish they had a stand in each park.:thumbsup:

MarknTara
09-21-2009, 07:52 PM
AAAHHHHHHH! My mom and I just got home (an hour ago!) and we just had our first Dole Whip (the original pineapple soft serve) on Friday. I was a little hesitant, but it was AMAZING! Unfortunately, we were only in MK one day, so we only had a tasty Dole Whip treat that once. I can't wait to try the float and the citrus swirl!!!

Skippy
09-21-2009, 08:39 PM
My husband usually prefers to get a float, but made with pineapple-vanilla swirl (rather than plain pineapple).

Enjoy! :mickey:

OOoh. I think we'll have to try that this time. I've only ever done the pineapple dole whip float; it was magnificent.

LVT
09-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Dole whip in cup, I DO NOT SHARE!

Iteachpc
09-26-2009, 01:07 AM
My mouth is watering just thinking about this yummy treat!

We (my entire family) prefer the Pineapple Float - pineapple soft serve ice cream with pineapple juice...we drink/eat every single bite!

I want one now!:(

Tinkermom
09-26-2009, 01:14 AM
LOVE the Pineapple Float with the Pineapple Dole Whip! So refreshing on a hot Florida day!

Does anyone else (besides me) like to leave a bit of the Dole Whip Pineapple soft serve and a little of the pineapple juice at the end and mix it up together so it makes it like a pineapple slushy? YUM! :cloud9: