PDA

View Full Version : BLT MK view studio or CR Tower MK view

M Riddle
09-19-2009, 10:02 AM
We really don't know which one to choose. We've loved our Tower room with the FABULOUS view of the castle and the two beds and the BIG room. Is the VIEW at the BLT worth changing to the tiny room with one bed and one sofa bed? I woud truly appreciate any comments. :mickey:

diz_girl
09-20-2009, 10:51 PM
I noticed that both of your posts remain unanswered. I haven't stayed at either, so I can't give you any first hand advice.

There are pros and cons to staying at both.
CR pros - larger room, great view
CR cons - concourse noise
BLT pros - lower room rate, pool exclusive to BLT guests
BLT con - small room

If you're unsure about BLT, why don't you stay there your first night and then book the CR tower for the remainder of your stay, or vice versa. I don't know if you can swing that, but this way you can try BLT but aren't committed to it for your entire stay.

disneyboundagain
09-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I had to make the very same decision for our upcoming Dec trip. We also always stay in a CR Tower room with a MK view. I was surprised that a BLT studio with MK view was actually $20 cheaper than a CR MK view room over the entire 7 night stay. I originally booked the Tower room, but soon afterwords cancelled and booked the BLT room. I'm not looking forward to the smaller room, but I figured it would be better to try it now, before we spend $20-25K on a DVC. If we had to buy enough points to get a 1 BR every year, I doubt we'll do it.

M Riddle
09-21-2009, 01:28 AM
:) Thank you kindly diz_girl and disneyboundagain for your great responses. They were very helpful. I was not sure if I was phrasing my questions properly as I was not getting any responses. So I truly do appreciate your replys. :mickey: diz_girl, I do like your advice about staying the first night at BLT. This will let my DS and I see if we like it enough to book a longer stay in the future. :thumbsup:

jnfr2424
09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
I feel your dilemma!!! After reading initial posts about BLT studio rooms being so small we decided to split our time between both BLT and Contemporary. Both have MK views and it basically cost the same. Good Luck with your decision!

BrerGnat
09-21-2009, 11:25 AM
If this helps your decision any, I've read anecdoctal accounts that the better MK views (higher floors) at BLT are reserved for DVC members staying on points. Supposedly, floors 3-6 are the ones cash guests are put on. I don't imagine the MK view is spectacular from there. If you are interested in PURCHASING DVC there or are wanting to have access to the pool area, those are good reasons to choose a studio. Otherwise, you'll get more for your money at the tower MK view.

M Riddle
09-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! :) :) :) :)

BrerGnat
09-21-2009, 12:05 PM
You're welcome. I am keeping a close eye on any discussions related to BLT (here and on "other" discussion boards) :secret: because my family is highly interested in staying here next spring. We actually NEED the setup of a 1br (separate room for parents and kids) and I love the Contemporary, so this seems like a great fit for us. We don't care about the view, though, and we're not DVC members, so the issue of being put on a lower floor doesn't bother me at all. We would probably book a standard or lake view anyway...

But since you asked about the VIEW in particular, on the MK side, I figured you'd want to know that bit of info I picked up in my "research". ;)

M Riddle
09-21-2009, 12:46 PM
But since you asked about the VIEW in particular, on the MK side, I figured you'd want to know that bit of info I picked up in my "research". ;)[/QUOTE]

I would. And I am very grateful. Sorry if I let any cats out of the bag. :-o

pox24
09-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Just returned from stay at the BLT. I prefer it over the CR. We had Room 8425... 14th floor looking over pool and Bay Lake. From the elevator lobby the view of the MK is pretty much the same as those in the tower. The studio was great and plenty large enough for two. Now, if you have more I would recommend the CR or a one bedroom.The BLT is my newest favorite resort. Top of the world lounge on 16th floor is incredible. Going back in a couple weeks and again in January. You gotta check this place out.:thumbsup: