PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party Extended To Jan 2010

DisneyPrincess21
09-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Wishes Dessert Party Buffet
Just confirmed a rumor with Disney Dining that the Wishes Dessert party has been extended through January 2, 2010!

I know i said before i couldnt justify the price but now that it will be going on while i am there i am seriously starting to consider it. LOL

seanyred
09-18-2009, 11:34 PM
we are going in November...and even though this trip is costing a pretty penny...i'm considering it too...am I just sucker?

DisneyPrincess21
09-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Ummm. I don't know if i cam say that seeing as how i would then be calling myself a sucker. Lol. $24 is a lot of money for a meal let alone just dessert, but it kinda falls into the "once in a lifetime" category, because i would never be able to talk myself into doing it more than once.

BelleKP
09-19-2009, 12:06 AM
I went back and forth on this one too . . . even had the phone in my hand today to call. But I decided in the end to not book it. My DD5 loves Spectro . . . and the only night we are at MK I want her to be able to see that . . . up close. If you could reserve a railing seat then maybe I could be swayed, but for a 50% shot . . . I think I'll pass.

DisneyPrincess21
09-19-2009, 01:26 AM
But I decided in the end to not book it. My DD5 loves Spectro . . . and the only night we are at MK I want her to be able to see that . . . up close...

That's a very very good point, in fact so much so that i think you have talked me out of going to it. I missed spectromagic on our last trip because i was sick, and i have been heart broken ever since. I am looking forward to seeing it this year, and i didnt realize being at the party area would cause me to miss my up front seat on mainstreet for spectromagic.
Thanks for pointing that out! :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
09-19-2009, 01:36 AM
Cool! I'll have to book it in the morning! I was hoping it would go through December!

:joy:

IamBelle
09-19-2009, 07:02 AM
OOH!! I am so happy they extended it!! We went in August the very first day we were there and it was amazing!! The view of Wishes was fantastic, no people pushing or crowds. And, the Dessert was the best I had ever tasted! There was not one thing I didn't like! My favorites were the mango shooters, chocolate cheesecake, milk and white chocolate truffles, and the pistacchio creme brulee, mmm, so good! I had a feeling that they would extend it, now if they could extend it to April, that would be nice, I would definitely go again!!

SurferStitch
09-19-2009, 03:38 PM
I just tried to book it for several different nights of our trip, and the CM said there was no availability, and to try back again to see if there were any cancellations. I NEVER luck out and get someone's cancelled ressie, so I guess I'm out of luck.

Unless, it just means that those dates just aren't available yet to make ressies, but the CM made it sound like it was fully booked.

Did I jump the gun?

seanyred
09-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Ummm. I don't know if i cam say that seeing as how i would then be calling myself a sucker. Lol. $24 is a lot of money for a meal let alone just dessert, but it kinda falls into the "once in a lifetime" category, because i would never be able to talk myself into doing it more than once.

Yeah I know what you mean by "once in a lifetime" thing...which when I was in DL last year I booked the Fantasmic Cheese/Dessert private seating and that was well worth the money...but at least their I felt I had a premium view. And I would consider this view from Tomorrowland a Good View not Premium. Still on the fence....

TheVBs
09-20-2009, 09:19 AM
What kind of view do you get of the parade?

Suz36
09-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I just tried to book it for several different nights of our trip, and the CM said there was no availability, and to try back again to see if there were any cancellations. I NEVER luck out and get someone's cancelled ressie, so I guess I'm out of luck.

Unless, it just means that those dates just aren't available yet to make ressies, but the CM made it sound like it was fully booked.

Did I jump the gun?

This happened to me when I was booking for October, but it turned out the CM made a mistake and had the time in for AM. So I would definitely try again! We are so excited to try this on our upcoming trip!

SurferStitch
09-21-2009, 01:34 PM
:joy::joy::joy:

Yes!!

I just called about the dessert party, and all of the dates I had open were still booked solid...

BUT....

The CM told me that they are holding the dessert party during MVMCP, too! I didn't realize they would have it on party nights. The other CM I spoke with over the weekend never mentioned it. This CM today was so well informed, and really helped me find a date that would work.

I really wanted 12/5, but it was booked, so she looked at the next day (which happens to be the day we are going to MVMCP), and said they had an opening.

I am so excited!

DisneyPrincess21
09-21-2009, 08:19 PM

Yes!!
I just called about the dessert party, and all of the dates I had open were still booked solid...
BUT....
The CM told me that they are holding the dessert party during MVMCP, too! I didn't realize they would have it on party nights. The other CM I spoke with over the weekend never mentioned it. This CM today was so well informed, and really helped me find a date that would work.
I really wanted 12/5, but it was booked, so she looked at the next day (which happens to be the day we are going to MVMCP), and said they had an opening. I am so excited!

yea!! Congrats! Since they are doing it on MVMCP nights i might still consider it.

seanyred
09-21-2009, 11:29 PM

Yes!!

BUT....

I really wanted 12/5, but it was booked, so she looked at the next day (which happens to be the day we are going to MVMCP), and said they had an opening.

I am so excited!

I had a similar experience as well for my trip in November. All dates were booked up except the same night of MVMCP on Nov. 19th. And it also works out for my DW and I, since we have a baby sitter for that night and its our "date night". :)

mjaclyn
09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
How popular has this event been so far? DH and I had originally decided not to do it because of the price, but after seeing photos of the desserts and reading about how tinkerbell flies right over you (DD would LOVE that) I think we'd like to try it. My only concern is that our trip is 10 days away...do you think we'd be able to get in at such short notice? I'm going to call Disney Dining in the morning...

Also, I was just wondering if you have to purchase a separate ticket to the MNNSHP in order to go to the dessert buffet on that night? I think I may already know the answer to that question knowing Disney...

seanyred
09-23-2009, 11:16 PM
My only concern is that our trip is 10 days away...do you think we'd be able to get in at such short notice? I'm going to call Disney Dining in the morning...

Also, I was just wondering if you have to purchase a separate ticket to the MNNSHP in order to go to the dessert buffet on that night? I think I may already know the answer to that question knowing Disney...

My trip was about 60 days away when I booked for November and it wasn't easy to find a time that worked. It seems the only one that wasn't fully booked was the one during MVMCP. Fortuantly, I already had tickets. But like you said I would assume you would have to had purchased a ticket to MNSSHP. If you haven't gone to the MNSSHP yet and have the cash...I feel its work it. Good Luck

SurferStitch
09-24-2009, 09:23 AM
It may be pretty difficult to get into the dessert party, but you never know at this short notice.

I was roughly 75ish days out when I called, and none of the "regular" park nights that we could go were available (3 different nights). That's when the CM mentioned a MVMCP night, which worked out perfectly.

And yes....you must purchase a MNSSHP ticket to attend the dessert party on those nights.

I called the same day it was mentioned here about December being included, and I still had problems. I have a feeling large chunks of space might be taken up by huge groups, because really, I've NEVER had a problem squeezing a party of 2 into anything at WDW.

mjaclyn
09-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Yay! We got in for a Wednesday night at 8:15pm. The only thing that confused me is that the CM said it's 'standing room only' and they don't reserve tables for parties. I've read a bunch of different boards that have said a CM seats you at a specific table with your name on it, do they not do this anymore? The CM said the seating was first come, first serve...

seanyred
09-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Yay! We got in for a Wednesday night at 8:15pm. The only thing that confused me is that the CM said it's 'standing room only' and they don't reserve tables for parties. I've read a bunch of different boards that have said a CM seats you at a specific table with your name on it, do they not do this anymore? The CM said the seating was first come, first serve...

This is how I understood it. That the tables were there for eating the desserts but for watching the show you would stand next to the railing. Anyone thats been there and know for sure? I sometimes feel cast members aren't 100% accurate with their info.

Chic-a-pin
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
I made our ressie for Nov 8th! I didn't even realize it, but that is an EMH evening too! It'll be our first night there, so what better way to spend it :mickey: :cloud9:

mousetrapper
09-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh my...those desserts look soooo tempting. I'm leaning toward not trying to book it though, because I'll just eat everything!! Seriously, I'm not sure...I'll have to think about it. Wonder if it's too late to make ADRs anyway for my trip, since it sounds so popular. I'll be there Nov. 19-23.

seanyred
09-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Oh my...those desserts look soooo tempting. I'm leaning toward not trying to book it though, because I'll just eat everything!! Seriously, I'm not sure...I'll have to think about it. Wonder if it's too late to make ADRs anyway for my trip, since it sounds so popular. I'll be there Nov. 19-23.

I'll be there the 15-23rd of November and I made a ADR for the dessert party on Nov. 19th during MVMCP. I could not get an ADR for any other day of our trip. So if you are wanting to go call and see what you can get. You get a full refund if you cancel with 24 hour notice.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-27-2009, 04:47 PM
We booked this for December 8th. Could someone please posts the pics of this or please let me know where to find them?
Thanks a bunch!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

BPATSMouse
09-29-2009, 04:50 AM
According to my TA you can only get an ADR for the dessert party during MVMCP because they are the only nights the dessert party is being offered. This explains why the other nights are "booked up". It appears you need to spend $55.00 plus $24.00 to get a reservation for the dessert party????

BPATSMouse
10-03-2009, 05:07 AM
Things have changed. I was able to book the dessert party for 11-30-09 :cloud9: and MVMCP is not scheduled for this night. The CM I spoke with stated that the dates had just opened that day 9-29-09 and were filling fast.

2girlsmom
10-03-2009, 08:35 AM
I had the same experience. The first cast member I spoke with told me that the parties were only during MVMCP. I called back a few days later because I was skeptical of her answer. The cast member I spoke to the second time made a reservation for us for the night we wanted, which is not a MVMCP night. I think it goes to show you that sometimes it is worth a second call....

brathell
10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
My wife and I were able to book for a night in November while we are there, which also happens to be our twins 10th birthday (the reason for the surprise trip), but I was wondering if it would really be worth the money dessert-wise for the kids. Seems like for my $109 dollars for the six of us, we could splurge on other desserts and find another decent spot to watch the fireworks. I am hoping someone can tell me if it is really a great deal, or just something every one is finding cool to do simply because its new and hard to book. Thanks.

-Dad of 4 M's

magicofdisney
10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
My wife and I were able to book for a night in November while we are there, which also happens to be our twins 10th birthday (the reason for the surprise trip), but I was wondering if it would really be worth the money dessert-wise for the kids. Seems like for my $109 dollars for the six of us, we could splurge on other desserts and find another decent spot to watch the fireworks. I am hoping someone can tell me if it is really a great deal, or just something every one is finding cool to do simply because its new and hard to book. Thanks.

-Dad of 4 M's
I haven't been to the party, but for $109 you could buy a LOT of yummy stuff from the confectionery, bakery and ice cream parlor.

seanyred
10-19-2009, 10:36 PM
I can't comment on the Wishes Dessert Party. But I have done the private seating/dessert for Fantasmic at Disneyland. I felt that it was a splurge but was well worth. On the other hand It was only my DW and I.

SurferStitch
10-19-2009, 11:55 PM
According to my TA you can only get an ADR for the dessert party during MVMCP because they are the only nights the dessert party is being offered. This explains why the other nights are "booked up". It appears you need to spend $55.00 plus $24.00 to get a reservation for the dessert party????

No, the dessert party is the regular price. There is no additional $55 tacked on. My total cost was only the cost of the two tickets.

Hammer
10-20-2009, 08:14 AM
No, the dessert party is the regular price. There is no additional $55 tacked on. My total cost was only the cost of the two tickets.

What I think the TA is saying is you have to go to MVMCP as well, so you will need to buy a ticket to that party as well as the Dessert party, hence the added $55.

MushuGrl
10-21-2009, 10:42 AM
I've only seen it extended until December...BUT I WANNA GO IN JAN! ANNOUNCE! ANNOUNCE ALREADY!!

This would be the perfect ending to my sister's birthday!

SurferStitch
10-31-2009, 01:46 AM
What I think the TA is saying is you have to go to MVMCP as well, so you will need to buy a ticket to that party as well as the Dessert party, hence the added $55.

Oh.....Duh....never thought of that. :blush:

:bolt: