PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Brown Derby with young children?

wdwgirl21
09-18-2009, 10:57 AM
We are traveling with grandparents, and our two boys, who will be 4 and 1 when we go this holiday season. We all wanted to try HBD as none of us have been there before, so we have a dinner ADR there. Now I am rethinking my decision of taking two small children! They are generally well behaved. Is the food excellent and worth the two table credits? Do you tend to see lots of little kids there, or should we try someplace else?

Mickey'sGirl
09-18-2009, 11:28 AM
While I wouldn't label it a little kid restaurant, you definitely see children in there eating, and the servers make them feel welcome. It's inside a theme park afterall!

Our youngest was 2 the first time we went there, and he has a horrible time keeping still, but before we knew it, it was almost 2 hours later, and we had had a marvelous lunch in a marvelous setting with marvelous service! A family favourite for sure!

I honestly wouldn't hesitate to take small children there, but if you feel that you would be nervous about it, then perhaps you should make a ressie elsewhere, and save the Brown Derby for a future holiday.

wdwgirl21
09-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks! Between my worries about them, and looking at the menu, I am just not sure it will be worth the two credits for our family. I might see what other options are available, and if we can't find anything else that would suit us we will stay with the HBD!