PDA

View Full Version : ranglan road and kids

stitchaholic
09-18-2009, 07:40 AM
can you bring kids ro Ranglan Road ?

SBETigg
09-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Yes, you can and I've seen plenty of kids at Raglan Road. Mine are older, and they loved the music and watching the Irish dancer. It's a warm and friendly pub atmosphere, pretty quiet during the day when the band's not there.

TheRustyScupper
09-18-2009, 07:55 AM
can you bring kids ro Ranglan Road ?

1) Absolutely.
2) But, bring them early (prior to 9:00pm).
3) It can get rowdy and a little bawdy after 9:00pm.

SBETigg
09-18-2009, 08:05 AM
1) Absolutely.

I'm not sure how bawdy it gets. I was there late and I didn't see anything bawdy going on. In fact, I was just reading a review and one of the bands there now is a family band that contains children. Though, of course, if you have little ones you probably wouldn't be out late. Yes, people will be drinking and that can be an issue as it gets later-- but not more so than anywhere else in WDW where they sell alcohol. Offering live music doesn't exactly automatically qualify a venue as a den of iniquity. It was very family friendly when I was there, even after the band took the stage. The band can be pretty loud, worth noting.

DebbieFr
09-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Sorry to inpose on this post. But could anyone tell me if the bands play every night at Raglan Rd or just some?:confused:
Also can you just go in for a drink or do you have to eat and do they do bar snacks aswell as table service?
Do you also have to book in advance:goof:
My dad sooooo loves Irish music and I would love to take him whilst we are in the world.
Thanking you for replies in advance:high5:

stitchaholic
09-18-2009, 08:44 AM
my kids are 11 and 9,my niece and nephew will be 11 and 13,we want to go for the music and show.
thanks for the info!

Menai2WDW
09-18-2009, 08:51 AM
1) Absolutely.

I would agree with this. Raglan Road is good but last time we went my DS was 9 years old and he got a little uncomfortable with the atmosphere as it got a little later in the evening.

The theming is an Irish Pub and you don't find many children in one of those after 9pm. The Disney influence means children are welcome almost everywhere but Raglan Road probably isn't the best environment for them too close to bedtime.

SBETigg
09-18-2009, 08:53 AM
DebbieFr, I'm not sure what the band schedule is or if it is every night. Raglan Road has a website of their own and they may list the information there (just Google Raglan Road perhaps, I can't post outside links per TOS).

But yes, you can just walk in for a drink. They have several bar areas with seating, and one long table with single chairs near a bar facing the stage. If you want a table, probably best to make an ADR (which doesn't mean you have to get a meal). They do have bar snacks, appetizers that you can order as snacks. But if you just wanted drinks, you can do that, too.

*Edited to add that I checked the site and Tuskar Rock is listed as the current band playing from Mon-Sat. Also there are pictures at the website that may help you decide on the atmosphere later in the evening once the band and dancer take the stage.

MNNHFLTX
09-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Ragland Road does get very loud later in the evening. Picture a bunch of people drinking Guinness and Smithwicks for a while and a rollicking Irish band playing and you get the idea! If the kids don't mind the ruckus, they should be okay.