PDA

View Full Version : So much to do and so many to do it with trip – Part 3

Mickey'sGirl
09-17-2009, 11:23 PM
CAST: Me (Jennifer), DH (Brian aka CanadianWDWFan), DS11 (Harry) and DS5 (Euan)
WDW holiday Saturday August 22 to Saturday September 5, 2009 (Pop, Boardwalk, Old Key West)

We decided to hit the Studios today, as Dad only had 4 park days, and we wanted to get him to all of them. So, after donning my sparkly Minnie-ears headband, we headed down to the launch and took the boat over without issue. Dad bought his ticket at Guest Relations and we went right in. The boys wanted to ride Star Tours first, so we did. The Jedi Training Academy was going on as the ride was ending, and the poor boys were at such a quandary ... they were down a :bar: , but they wanted to watch Darth and the guys .... As ALWAYS, the :bar: won out, but they compromised and watched the Training session whilst eating their first :bar: of the day. When they were done, and de-chocolated, we trekked across to ride The Great Movie Ride, which was oddly out of synch, but I so love the movies at the end (in all honesty, it makes me a bit teary), it didn’t matter. The big boys wanted to ride the Tower of Terror and Euan DESPERATELY wanted to ride Rock’n’Rollercoaster (and has DESPERATELY wanted to ride it for years now – but is now tall enough).

The Standby time for Tower of Terror was nothing, so Brian, Harry and Dad went on it, and Euan and I went to find another :bar: , then met up with them at the shop at the end, and we all went over to take a ride in the Limo. The Standby time was posted at 30 minutes – and it was at least that, and extraordinarily HOT in the queue, but we made it through. Dad and Harry scored front seats, Euan and I were directly behind, and Brian rode with some random park guest behind us. Let’s just say that Dad and Euan will NOT be riding it again anytime soon, and that I LOST MY MINNIE EARS when the restraints automatically lifted at the end of the ride. I was seriously worried for my Dad, as he seemed rather shaken afterwards. We decided to go for lunch. Dad had enjoyed the 50’s Prime Time in the past, and wanted to go there (None of us care for it, so we were hoping the Free-Dining-can’t-get-an-ADR Gods would be working with us), but alas, no space for 5 – so we decided to try our luck at the Sci-Fi. We were seated at a picnic table at the back of the restaurant without a wait. We actually preferred this seating to the cars. So we had a good lunch, and decided to head back to the Boardwalk to get ready for our guests, who would be arriving for a barbeque at around 4.

Details about the barbeque can be found here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=160713). Let’s just say that we had a terrific time with so many friends. It was a really wonderful day.

offwego
09-17-2009, 11:42 PM
I must have been overwhelmed by the chicken walk but did you ask the cms at the studios if they found them later? I got a pair of sunglasses back that way...are there people in your crew that like ice cream? Really?
You all got a lot done that day considering the invasion to come.

stitchaholic
09-18-2009, 07:06 AM
i'm enjoying the reports !despite the un BBQ BBQ,it sounds like you had a blast with the intercotee's

SBETigg
09-18-2009, 08:12 AM
"when they were done and de-chocolated," love that. I'm glad you found a nice lunch seating to decompress after RnRC. Love the BBQ meet-up. Good times.:cool:

nicster
09-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Sounds like the boys 'trouper' spirit comes from your dad! :thumbsup:

DizNee143
09-18-2009, 10:19 AM
of course another good day!
sorry you lost your headband on Rock’n’Rollercoaster..and i hope your dad was back to normal in no time! :mickey:

faline
09-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Too funny about the inability to get into 50's Prime Time! A few glitches, but, overall, a very nice day!

ElenitaB
09-19-2009, 02:24 PM
I like the compromise between :bar: and Jedi training :yoda: You are most definitely the mom and dad with the mostest! :thumbsup:

T-Belle
09-20-2009, 01:56 PM
The movie at the end of The Great Movie Ride always makes me cry too!!

KylesMom
09-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Good day at DHS - I'm sorry Euan didn't like RnRC like he thought he was going to! Goodness, I couldn't get DS to go on RnRC until he was 9 I think. At least Euan gave it a go!!! That is a real bummer about your ears, though!!! :(

Yes indeedy - the bbq post is MORE than amusing! It sounds like a wonderful time was had by all, and you've made some memories that wont easily be forgotten!

Thanks for sharing all the Mickey Bars with us today! :mickey:

dtootsie42
09-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Sounds like it was a terrific day and I enjoyed reading about the BBQ blog. I love those Mickey Bars and can't wait to get one, two or three in December.

mouseketeer mom
09-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Any day that has all those Mickey bars in it has got to be a good one! Thanks for the report!

pdrlkr
09-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Dsnygirl
09-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Jenn, what a nice sounding day... even though you lost your ears!! :( And I don't blame your dad and Euan for not wanting to ride the RnRc again... I'll not be getting into one of those limo's anytime soon again! :blush: And I know you all had fun at the BBQ... nice ending to a nice day.

Beach Club Babe
09-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Sounds like a good day! I hope your dad is OK!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-24-2009, 02:47 PM
thanks for the report

vizsla
09-26-2009, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the report.