PDA

View Full Version : Park Hours Extended Next Week

MidnTPK
09-17-2009, 04:38 PM
I was just on the WDW website and noticed that a few days next week the park hours have been extended (for MK and DHS). Intercot's park hours page does not reflect these revisions.

Anyway:
- DHS is now open until 9:30 PM (instead of 8) on 9/18, 9/20, and 9/25. A second Fantasmic at 9:30 is being shown on these dates.

- The MK is now open until 10 PM on 9/19 (instead of 9), 9 PM on 9/20 and EMH from 9-12 (instead of 8-11), and 11 PM on 9/26 (instead of 10PM).

Phantod
09-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Yep, got those. I was so anxious last weekend that I made up a spreadsheet of the entire trip and the hours for all of the parks so we can jump around, from the 21st thru 30th of September. How sick is that? :sick:

disneykid99
09-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Thank you for the post. Great news:mickey:

Phantod - it could not be "sick" to spreadsheet your trip - I do it everytime and I am not sick:thumbsup:

Mr.K
09-17-2009, 08:44 PM
I spreadsheet our trip each time. Park hours, parades, fireworks, phantasmic, and dining reservations all on one sheet.

Phantod
09-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Whew. Glad I'm not alone. :D

MCeee
09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Do you think they're doing this because they expect heavier than usual crowds? We're leaving in two days and have told some first-timers that are going with us that in the past the crowds this time of year are non-existent.

badkitty
09-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Whew. Glad I'm not alone. :D

You are definitely not alone. I love my spreadsheets. I even name the trips. :secret:

beksy
09-17-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm now on my third draft of my spreadsheet...I keep editing, adding, and putting more info in until the day before when the "final" spreadsheet is printed.

clou1028
09-17-2009, 10:30 PM
I have updated my spreadsheet as well! ;)

Thanks for the info!

MistressGracey
09-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Do you think they're doing this because they expect heavier than usual crowds? We're leaving in two days and have told some first-timers that are going with us that in the past the crowds this time of year are non-existent.

I don't think so. From the trip reports I am reading, folks are walking right on rides at the present time. We are leaving tomorrow morning, so I have been checking all trip reports I can get my hands on, LOL. As for "why" they changed the hours, I have no clue. I'm just glad they did. Adding the extra hours and the second Fantasmic show on the 20th is going to help us out alot with our schedule.

nicster
09-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Sounds like we are all in for a great time! :thumbsup:

MCeee
09-18-2009, 11:27 AM
:number1: We're leaving tomorrow morning too... seeya there!!

MistressGracey
09-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Yayyyyyy! :cloud9:

Goes4FastPass
09-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I too keep a spreadsheet with ADRs and such but right the sheet I have link that says calendar (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/calendar/?showMonth=october2009) so I I can easily see the park hours and events.

ChipDale2708
09-18-2009, 01:54 PM
I make a spreadsheet as well - it's part of the planning fun! I wonder if the hour extensions will continue into the beginning of October. We arrive on September 30. I thought it was strange that of the nights we are there, MK has two MNSSHP and on those nights, there aren't evening EM hours or a second Fantasmic showing to accomodate those not going to the party. Guess I'll have start watching more closely as we get closer and cross my fingers. :mickey:

GottaLvDisney
09-18-2009, 02:00 PM
:mickey: I just printed the final draft of my spreadsheet since we're leaving in an hour. DH likes to poke fun of me all the time, but I can confidently tell him I'm not alone in my spreadsheet love!

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Are there extra Halloween parties that particular week? They might be adding extra park hours on the nights where there isn't a party to compensate for having to move guests who don't have tickets out of MK.

mustBgoofy
09-19-2009, 11:01 AM
I don't think so. From the trip reports I am reading, folks are walking right on rides at the present time. We are leaving tomorrow morning, so I have been checking all trip reports I can get my hands on, LOL. As for "why" they changed the hours, I have no clue. I'm just glad they did. Adding the extra hours and the second Fantasmic show on the 20th is going to help us out alot with our schedule.

Where do you find trip reports at? I am curious to look at those as our trip gets closer. Thanks!

Patricia
09-19-2009, 11:19 AM
You can find Trip Reports right here on intercot, in the Vacation planning section on the Main Menu.. or click below. :mickey:

Trip Reports (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=21)

johnO
09-20-2009, 01:59 AM
DW and I also keep an exel spreadsheet. I too have made the appropriate changes.

We leave on Monday!!

Phantod
09-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Well, we finalized our spreadsheets last evening. One contains all of the park hours including EMHs, and special times at the parks for things like Spectromagic, Wishes and Fantasmic (yeah....they have 2 shows on 2 nights while we are there), and some shows we want to see (Off Kilter and British Invasion), as well as the two Food & Wine shows we don't want to miss (Richard Marx and Starship).

The second one describes our current plan for going to parks and other activities and includes all of our ADRs with Confirmation numbers. So we'll be hauling around at least 2 pages each day. No problem. :thumbsup:

We double checked all of the times and are finally ready to hit the road to the airport...
in less than 4 hours. :D

Daisy'sMom
09-20-2009, 10:05 AM
We are leaving in three days, and after reading about all the spreadsheets, I just told DH we have to do one...........:mickey: