PDA

View Full Version : Lots of new places this trip! What's good on the menu?

TripPlanner09
09-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Hey everyone!

This will be our first time using the DDP, so it's basically the first time we've had a chance to try so many different table service options. For our 5 night trip we have:

-Chefs de France: dinner
-Grand Floridian Cafe: dinner
-Wolfgang Puck Cafe: lunch
-Kona Cafe (our only repeat): dinner
-Captain's Grille: dinner

Lots of new experiences! For anyone who's eaten at these places, what would you recommend? what would you never touch again?

Also, for any recent visitors, is the Price Fixe menu @ Les Chefs available as a 1 credit TS? Also, the Captain's 3 course dinner at the Captain's Grille? I had read that they were, but I just wanted to double check!

Thanks for all the help! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-17-2009, 11:30 AM
I've only eaten at Chefs, I do remember all the desserts were good...I did not care for the steak but my mom had some kind of crepe dish that was good....the bisque was good too

sassy2000
09-17-2009, 11:31 AM
We've only eaten at Chefs de France but I loved it. I had the beef short ribs which were very tender and tasty. My DH had the shrimp & scallops meal and thought it was good not great. They have a steak that is supposed to be very good also. Their desserts all looked yummy. I got the chocolate puff and it was delicious.

Loweschevy
09-17-2009, 01:46 PM
I really love Chef's De France- the filet and duck are great dishes. I suggest the profiteroles for dessert.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe is good. There is something for everyone-pasta, pizza, sandwiches, entrees-there are a lot of choices.

stitchaholic
09-17-2009, 02:59 PM
WP is the only one i can comment on,and everything there is awesome.
the soups,especially the roasted tomato tortilla are to die for.
i only had pastry from chef de france and it is also amazing,my fav is the creme brulee.

SBETigg
09-17-2009, 03:02 PM
I cold be wrong, but I believe the price fixe menu is available for one credit with the DP-- however, the portions might be slightly smaller than the normally served portions.

Pally
09-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Recently ate at Grand Floridian Cafe. The shrimp appetizer for two was delicious. It was served in three sections. One- Shrimp on a brushetta base. Two- Lobster pudding/cake (not qutie sure what to call it but it was good) served with shrimp on top with white cream sauce. Yummy. The third I forget but remember it was also very good. I do have a picture somewhere in my collection. Rib-eye was also very good. We had a custom anniversary cake which they did a fantastic job of. Very tasty. White cake with custard and fresh strawberries as filling. Very moist and yummy. Beuatifully decorated.:mickey:

jonahbear2006
09-17-2009, 04:43 PM
chefs de france; was not impressed with the chicken or the creme brulee so maybe something else.
grand floridian cafe, their hidden gem is the grand sandwich.