PDA

View Full Version : Car Decals

Rekenna
09-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi Guys!

I have seen some awesomely cute car decals lately. One I have seen is °O° all in silver, a really nice decal, looks solid. Another is the little people that you put on the back window-the one that shows, Dad, Mom, kids, etc. and all the silhouette people were wearing Mickey ears. Too cute!

Has anyone seen these around? I haven't looked on line yet-I would love to find something like this at the parks.

Thanks for your help!:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-16-2009, 06:27 PM
We saw a bunch of decals in Mousegears in Epcot on our May trip. I'm sure they are in most of the major Disney stores though ... I tried to convince DH to get some, but no luck :(

Basket Mommy
09-16-2009, 06:37 PM
I have the plastic silver Mickey head. I got it in the gift shop @ Test Track. I have seen the people decals there, too.

VAdizneefan
09-16-2009, 08:19 PM
They're in several places, Test Track store in Epcot like the PP noted, World of Disney at DTD, etc. You should just keep an eye out. Sometimes the one you need is the one you can't find -- like a DD or a cat, we had to look high and low for those when we needed them.

They're worth it though!

:mickey:

ChipDale2708
09-17-2009, 10:36 AM
I have the plastic silver Mickey head. I got it in the gift shop @ Test Track. I have seen the people decals there, too.

I bought one of the silver Mickey heads last fall and it only lasted on my car about a month. Fell right off and wouldn't stick back on. A friend went down this past spring and got me another one, that stayed on all of a week. Is your's holding on?

Disney Doll
09-17-2009, 11:46 AM
We have the family decals. They are available in most of the larger stores. We had trouble finding one (can't remember which), but finally stumbled on it at the store in Toon Town. Seems like searching for a particular "person" is pretty common with the stick figures.

Ours have held up well. They are a year old now so I'm thinking I will buy replacements on our next trip. They're cracking a bit after all the exposure to the elements. I have my car outdoors all the time so I figure a year is pretty good.

jnfr2424
09-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I bought one of the silver Mickey heads last fall and it only lasted on my car about a month. Fell right off and wouldn't stick back on. A friend went down this past spring and got me another one, that stayed on all of a week. Is your's holding on?

November will be one year since I got mine and its still on the car even through all the elements of weather not sure what's making it hold up for so long I hope I am not jinxing!!

It'sWDW4me
09-17-2009, 03:24 PM
I almost bought that silver mickey head but the package said it was permanent and that there would be paint damage if it was removed so I passed. Maybe it really isn't as permanent as they'd like you to believe?

kathiep
09-17-2009, 05:18 PM
I fell in love with the silver Mickey head too. But 2 things stopped me from getting it...the k permanent adhesive ( I thought it was a magnet) and it's plastic (I thought metal). I didn't want something stucky permanently to my car that would quickly tarnish and turn colors.

ChipDale2708
09-18-2009, 09:38 AM
The only thing I'm wondering about the silver Mickey is I had it stuck in the corner of my rear window. Maybe it wouldn't stay because of the defroster - even though it wasn't on the lines themselves (I have an SUV). Putting it right on the paint makes me a little nervous as well. Maybe they'll come up w/ a magnetic one soon. :thumbsup:

azcavalier
09-18-2009, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=Rekenna;1959020]Hi Guys!

I have seen some awesomely cute car decals lately. One I have seen is °O° all in silver, a really nice decal, looks solid. Another is the little people that you put on the back window-the one that shows, Dad, Mom, kids, etc. and all the silhouette people were wearing Mickey ears. Too cute![QUOTE]

I was just saying to my DW and Dkids that we should get these for the car, but I didn't even know if they existed. Cool!

A couple of years ago, my DW got me a silver Mickey head sillouette trailer hitch cover. It was awesome, but then it got bent, started to rust where it was bent, and then it fell off, as it was only welded in two small places. *sigh* It was fun while it lasted.

Chic-a-pin
09-18-2009, 12:19 PM
I had the silver MIckey head too and it lasted a few months and fell off too. I'd love if they get those "European" style stickers. Ya know the white oval ones. It'd be cool if they had one with a black Mickey head or Cinderella Castle, etc, etc...

DizNee143
09-18-2009, 03:22 PM
I had the silver MIckey head too and it lasted a few months and fell off too. I'd love if they get those "European" style stickers. Ya know the white oval ones. It'd be cool if they had one with a black Mickey head or Cinderella Castle, etc, etc...

i got one of those oval stickers with WDW written in the oval..
i went to cafepress..online..
gotta get a new one..sold the truck i had it on earlier in the year..

Basket Mommy
09-19-2009, 12:19 PM

I haven't stuck it on the car. I've had it about 18 months and it's still in the bag.

I almost bought that silver mickey head but the package said it was permanent and that there would be paint damage if it was removed so I passed.

That's why I haven't stuck mine on. I was going to try to make it magnetic by sticking it to a sheet of adhesive-backed magnetic sheeting like you buy to cover A/C returns in your house, but I never got around to it.

Sashacrab
09-21-2009, 04:36 PM
I ordered the family sticker from http://www.windowdecals.net/DisneyStickDecals.html.