PDA

View Full Version : Which Tour would you recommend?

grammy3
09-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Planning another trip for Oct of this year, I have all of the ADRs and our tickets for MNSSHP. We will be staying @ POFQ. We have been several times in the last few years and whereas I never get bored or tired of anything Disney, DH is begining to think we have done everything. ( Crazy HUh!!) So I thought this might be a good time to book one the tours. I have always wanted to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour but I don't know if he will enjoy that so much. My other thought is maybe the behind the scenes tour of Animal Kingdom. Anyone who has been on either of these could you please advise if it is worth the time?

Thanks so Much for your help, always can get an answer here on Intercot!!

sorcerer fan
09-16-2009, 06:28 PM
We have taken the Keys tour twice and each time we have learned something new. It takes you all over the MK and points out a lot of interesting stuff. the also take you into the utilitors and show you things behind the scenes. you also get lunch at columbia harbour house. anothe good one is the undiscovered future world at epcot. this one is inside and behind the scenes of epcot. Either one is good but I would start with the Keys tour.:thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
09-16-2009, 06:43 PM
I really enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I loved getting access to some of the backstage areas and learned so much about the MK.

Another really cool tour is the segway tour at Epcot. You spend approx an hour learning how to ride the segway then another hour touring around the worldshowcase.

mouseketeer mom
09-16-2009, 07:07 PM
I've done both. Loved loved loved the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I didn't learn that much that I didn't already know honestly..and I think most die hard Disney fans would be in the same boat. But..loved it nonetheless.
I liked the Animal Kingdom backstage tour too, when we did it, it was the Sunrise Safari tour. I'm not a huge Animal Kingdom fan so I have to say Keys to the Kingdom was my favorite out of those two.
Our whole family enjoyed the Family Magic Tour. My husband loved the tour of WL, and myself and two of my kids enjoyed the Behind the Seeds tour. My husband would say the best tour has been the Aqua Seas Tour. He and my DD have done it 4 times and plan on going again. If you like the living seas and scuba, you might consider this one!

Joannelet
09-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Keys to the Kingdom tour is great! :)
You will love it!!
It was interesting to be on the tour when I was also a previous cast member. There are some things they said that baffled me a bit but then realized they are just trying to keep the magic!! :)
but my hubby and sister were on the tour with me (not previous or current cast members) and they truly enjoyed it. :) Made them feel like knowing a little bit more about stuff :)
It was very informative :) I even enjoyed it.
I think your hubby would like it as well! :)

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-16-2009, 10:46 PM
We did th eBehind The Scenes At Animal Kingdom tour about 3yrs ago. We are huge animal lovers and it was awesome! You go behind the scenes and go into the kitchens and watch them prepare the animals food. They showed how they mix their food and creative ways to feed them. We were able to see their recipe books and what type of meat they feed the tigers for example.(That you may not want to know):secret:It was really interesting and they eat better than we do at WDW! We were able to watch them work w/the elephants,rhinos and giraffes. We enjoyed a informative demonstration w/ zookeepers and the exotic birds. They teach alot about conservation and Disneys role in helping w/ this. We were able to tour the Vet clinic and watch(through glass), a surgery that was taking place. They showed us the labs and it was really informative and interesting. They use the plastic film cases for stool samples from some of the animals. They allowed us to watch them while working. They really care about the animals, conservation and the enviroment. We met in a class room at the end of the tour (lasted almost 4hrs)! I believe that is a bit longer than normal. We also recieved a wonderful pin that we treasure. Hope this helps. We did not do a safari ride.
This was more informative and "hands on" kind of tour.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

faline
09-17-2009, 10:43 AM
We've done several tours. In fact, we participated in three tours on our last trp!

The Keys to the Kingdom tour is a great tour! We did that one several years ago.

If he's an active sort of guy, he might really enjoy the Segway tour. We did that tour on our last trip and I'd love to go again!

If he enjoys gardening, he might enjoy the Behind the Seeds tour. That was quite informative.

You could also do something else out of the ordinary - like the Richard Petty driving experience, hang gliding, pontoon boat rental?

grammy3
09-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for all of your input! We had previously talked about trying the Segway tour and decided it might need to wait till next year. I am not so graceful (KLUTZ) and I have been having trouble with the old hip joints, (just got two shots). So I booked the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I think DH will be alright with it as long as they feed him.

Thanks again for all of the info!!

31 DAYS AND COUNTING!!:mickey::thumbsup::party::cloud9:

Grammy

Joannelet
09-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Let us know how he liked it! :)
Enjoy your trip! :)

teambricker04
09-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks for all of your input! We had previously talked about trying the Segway tour and decided it might need to wait till next year. I am not so graceful (KLUTZ) and I have been having trouble with the old hip joints, (just got two shots). So I booked the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I think DH will be alright with it as long as they feed him.

Thanks again for all of the info!!

31 DAYS AND COUNTING!!:mickey::thumbsup::party::cloud9:

Grammy

If you are thinking you may want to try the segway but are unsure of them, you can test drive them in one of the future world pavillions (whatever they are called, I can't remember). They help you do the intro to them and try them out for a few minutes. This may help you decide if you want to do the tour on your next trip without being obligated! My DH and my Dad did the tour. They had a great time! My Dad had (it since has been replace) a bad knee and was still able to do the tour. He did have his segway get away from him one when he was getting off :blush: but did just fine and didn't fall off.

Have fun on your trip!