Offwego -me Disney vetran
DH planner
DS 14
Friends
Mickey'sGirl and family
Cantgetenuf and family
ElenitaB and her DS

plans
park time followed by dinner at Kouzinna's and Epcot (orginally dinner had been at Garden Grill so that was a change in plans from my pre trip report)

We hit MK this morning (while we had been we hadn't hit a single mountian or done much in Fantasyland as yet). It would be just us this morning for a while as we had done quite a bit with others and would be later we really needed to get some MK time in as this was our next to last day.

We started by grabbing FP for Peter Pan (in fact this was the first time that DS did the running as DH and I got a locker for extra water and change of tops for dinner later as this would be the one day sans a break plan), he did that and we met up to do Pooh (stand by which did move a little slower than indicated), followed by a Phillarmagic and then I went and got splash mountian fast passes prior to our flight with Peter Pan. We then did a Haunted Mansion, grabbed some lunch at Peco's Bill (burgers for the guys and some taco salad for me). As our window for splash was opening we grabbed FP for Big Thunder prior to riding Splash.
Somewhat (but not very much so) marring our walk to splash was a young mothers instance on smoking whilst pushing her stroller. I made the slight error of mentioning the designated space near by and she then puffed smoke in my face till we arrived at the entrance. Oh well can't win them all.

We much enjoyed splash, and then did Pirates to use up some time till our next FP for Big Thunder which came up shortly after that. Also a big hit with my guys of course!

After that we acquired the required dole whip float and shared that as we got our extra waters from the locker and started towards the bus system (our ressie was at 5pm we wanted to meet up with the others prior to that so were heading over around 4 something).

We strolled towards the exit happy with all that we had seen and done. No problems getting a bus and we washed hands and faces etc in the restrooms and met up with folks in the lobby of the resort and then the lobby of the restaurant. (in fact I said to DH oh we should see if we could find so and so..and lo and behold we saw ElenitaB's DS in the lobby on his way to the room, then in a bit I said oh we should see if we can find so and so and lo and behold there was Mickey'sGirl's family...I would do this again later that night...apparently texting doesn't work as well as looking up does)

We did notice that the crowds were pretty excited to be at the restuarant.

The food and service were all pretty good (in view of our group size in particular) and we enjoyed our entree. (the only hiccup was a very spicy lamb burger which was switched out for something more to that person's taste).

Portions are good (but not as over large as others can be at WDW) and a little shy on veggies for my liking.

Desserts were yummy the wine list was great and we really enjoyed it!!

We headed over to Epcot after dinner and found Cantgetenuf and her family (again apparently one just needs to look up). Some of us were headed to Mexico for a ride with Donald
when we were stopped by a segway riding CM to ask us to put back on one of the parties shoes. (not me as I was wearing shoes that I liked..but can't recall:)
This struck us as funny as goodness knows we had seen other things (such as smoking) and the like that might have been a tad more important but hey who knows.

The ride was fun (albeit mayhap not the best choice when one has delayed a stop at the rest rooms...leading to quite the hunt for them after till Cantgetenuf pointed out the oddesy ones!!)

We then all regrouped for a showing of Illuminations (and some goodbyes as ElenitaB had a far to early flight and we likely wouldn't see either Cantgetenuf of Mickey'sGirl and family again this trip)..but if you have to say see ya real soon this is a good show to do it with.

We had a seemless trip on the busses back to POP and enjoyed yet another swim and some packing. (well not so much the packing)

mouseketeer mom
09-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Oh boy..the puffing the smoke in your face...awful, just awful.
Other than that, a great day, lots of fantastic MK time!

Mickey'sGirl
09-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Our dinner at Kouzzina is one of my fondest Disney memories EVER (and Harry is STILL talking about the Red Snapper he had). It was topped only by meeting up with the rest of the gang at Epcot afterwards. We had a great spot for Illuminations, and it was wonderful to be with so many friends. Thanks to whoever hoisted me back up off the ground when it was all over -- :thumbsup:

nicster
09-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Sounds like a pretty perfect day (with the exception of the child strolling neanderthal:mad:).

ElenitaB
09-16-2009, 08:15 PM
"Far too early flight" doesn't even begin to cover it! Ugh!

It was so sad saying good-bye that night. :(

And for anyone who's interested, here are offwego's Saturday evening Kouzzina-dining, Illuminations viewing, farewell-bidding shoes (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/640103185_Z7xYM-L.jpg).

Dsnygirl
09-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Nat, you guys did good at MK!! And you were far politer than you could have been w/ the smoker-mom... how very rude she was, too bad a CM didn't see her!! :(

Glad you guys had such a fun day and such a nice dinner, even w/ the goodbyes involved. Glad you had a chance to see everyone one last time!

DizNee143
09-17-2009, 10:00 AM
what a great day! :mickey:

KylesMom
09-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Oh, it's sad to hear your trip(s) are coming to an end. But what a great time you've all had. It's really fun to read about so many INTERCOTees running around together, enjoying each other's company. Thanks for sharing yet another great day with all of us! :mickey:

faline
09-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Goodness - that smoker was certainly rude!

I suppose unclad feet are prone to injury especially whent there are so many feet and wheels around!

Your meal sounds fabulous! Made even better by the wonderful company you had!

offwego
09-17-2009, 03:07 PM
I suppose unclad feet are prone to injury especially whent there are so many feet and wheels around!

Your meal sounds fabulous! Made even better by the wonderful company you had!

We agreed re the risk to the small feet, but it was just ironic given the numerous other things that seemed well worse (my eyes still have fashion crime scars..bathing suits are not park wear folks)

And yes the company was by far the perfect sauce to go with the meal

pdrlkr
09-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: