PDA

View Full Version : Ohana, Tony's, and Le Cellier

Toodle
09-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Just returned from Disney - we ate dinner at Ohana (first time), Tony's (first time) and Le Cellier.
Ohana wasn't anything special - the food was much better at Le Cellier - we won't go there again. The entertainment was fun but the atmosphere was just okay.
As always, Le Cellier was very good and we had excellent service.
The surprise was Tony's. We had read such bad things about it on this board. We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent service and good food - and fabulous bread! My husband had the pasta with sausage and meatballs. The meatballs were just okay - the sausage was very, very good. In fact, when the server found out how much he liked it, they offered to bring him additional pieces. The sauce was very good (and, I am New York Italian used to eating homemade sauce). I had steak which I thought was better than Le Cellier (my husband disagreed). The bread was excellent. We ate there on our anniversary. They had decorated our table with Mickey Mouse confetti and streamers. We will be eating there again.

azcavalier
09-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Just returned from Disney - we ate dinner at Ohana (first time), Tony's (first time) and Le Cellier.
Ohana wasn't anything special - the food was much better at Le Cellier - we won't go there again. The entertainment was fun but the atmosphere was just okay.
As always, Le Cellier was very good and we had excellent service.
The surprise was Tony's. We had read such bad things about it on this board. We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent service and good food - and fabulous bread! My husband had the pasta with sausage and meatballs. The meatballs were just okay - the sausage was very, very good. In fact, when the server found out how much he liked it, they offered to bring him additional pieces. The sauce was very good (and, I am New York Italian used to eating homemade sauce). I had steak which I thought was better than Le Cellier (my husband disagreed). The bread was excellent. We ate there on our anniversary. They had decorated our table with Mickey Mouse confetti and streamers. We will be eating there again.

It's interesting how people will find their experiences differ at the same places. We love O'Hana's food, and have made it a must do every time. Le Cellier is nice, but i've always found it average, and sometimes very slow. They have never wowed me like so many others on here. Tony's was not bad when we went, and our kids loved it. My wife didn't like it, though, so she discourages it when the kids want to go there.

I, personally, think that the best steak in the parks was at the Coral Reef. That's where we'll be for my birthday in 2.5 weeks. Can't wait!

Ms. Mode
09-17-2009, 07:56 AM
We are going to try Le Cellier this January, we have been to Tony's twice and the pasta dishes are great but the steak was not as good last year and it was in 2006. :mickey: