PDA

View Full Version : Swimming in Other Resort Pools

coneygoil
09-16-2009, 09:54 AM
I don't know if this is allowed, but can you go swimming in other resort pools? We're staying at POP in a couple weeks, but Riverside is my family's "home" resort and we want to go swimming for a couple hours in the pool. Has anyone else done this?

TheRustyScupper
09-16-2009, 10:32 AM
1) DVC members have limited pool-hopping abilities.
2) All other guests do not.
3) The exception is that you can hop between sister (aka, paired) resorts.
4) If you stay at a resort, its "sister" is open to you.
. . . ASMu, ASMo, ASSp
. . . POR & POFQ
. . . VWL & WL
. . . CR & BLT

brownie
09-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Sorry, you can't use the pool at Port Orleans Riverside if you are staying at Pop Century.

jonahbear2006
09-16-2009, 03:45 PM
we didnt do this bc it is against the rules but we went to saratoga springs for the dvc tour and were invited to swim there by one of the staff members. I am sure that it is still against the rules there, so don't go hoppin in,but apparently there are gray areas to this rule.

TammiMcMan
09-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I am sure that it is still against the rules there, so don't go hoppin in,but apparently there are gray areas to this rule.I know what you mean, but in the OP's situation, there wouldn't be a gray area ;) .

To the OP, Disney rules specify that only registered guests of that particular resort can use the pool.

To all others, lets please try to avoid the moral discussion, or ways to get around the posted policy. Thank you :thumbsup: .

jonahbear2006
09-16-2009, 07:11 PM
I wasnt trying to get around it and I realize that in their situation that this is not a gray area. I was just stating that I was suprised to see that there are actually situations in which they offer up this opportunity when being on property. I do not condone hopping, nor did I take advantage. I know that this can be very frustrating to those who pay more to stay there and have others using their pools. It is definitely something you can't do and in some resorts you even sign a paper at check in, saying you wont do this.

jonahbear2006
09-16-2009, 07:13 PM
1) DVC members have limited pool-hopping abilities.
2) All other guests do not.
3) The exception is that you can hop between sister (aka, paired) resorts.
4) If you stay at a resort, its "sister" is open to you.
. . . ASMu, ASMo, ASSp
. . . POR & POFQ
. . . VWL & WL
. . . CR & BLT

We were told at DVC meeting this past week that CR and BLT are not considered sisters and BLT is diff from other dvc in the respect that everything dvc is only for dvc unless you pay to stay in BLT. You cant even access the building or pool without your card. I even heard some members complaining about what a pain this is, to have to access every room with a key.