PDA

View Full Version : Magnum PI fans?

SandmanGStefani24
09-15-2009, 08:39 PM
I was barely in elementary school when Magnum PI was first aired, but I did watch an episode or two. I liked it then, even though I had absolutely no way of comprehending most of what was implied or stated.

About a 6 months ago I started catching reruns on Sleuth channel (when they still did that...:() and I absolutely love it! Even the Mrs will sit and watch it with me. The great "Limbo" episode made me shed more than one tear I sheepishly admit...:blush:

So, anyone else a fan? If not, what 80s shows do you love? Either then or now?

gerald72
09-15-2009, 09:13 PM
I was going to wear a Tigers baseball hat with my Hawaiian shirt when I ate at Ohana, but thought it was too close to Magnum's outfit.

Christine
09-15-2009, 10:16 PM
My DH has the theme song for his ring tone.

No I'm not kidding.

ibrowse17
09-15-2009, 10:30 PM
:fan:

Big fan of Magnum!! It was one of my favs growing up and I still stop and watch when I see it. I fondly remember watching the final show from my dorm room at Alabama, and loved the fact he went back into the navy.

Higgins!!!:thumbsup:

Was Higgins really Robin???

SandmanGStefani24
09-15-2009, 10:34 PM
:fan:

Was Higgins really Robin???

I like to think so, besides it would explain a lot...:D

kakn7294
09-16-2009, 09:15 AM
I liked Magnum but I also liked Hart to Hart. My absolute favorite though was Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

Ian
09-16-2009, 09:33 AM
I loved Magnum when it was on ... I mean come on, that Ferrari was just the coolest back in the day!

Although I have to admit I was more of a Rick & AJ guy. Simon & Simon was my show!

alphamommy
09-16-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm a HUGE Magnum fan!

Not sure if you know it, Sandman, but "Limbo" was supposed to be the last episode of the show. Before it aired, CBS had decided to bring it back for one more season. At the beginning when it originally aired, Tom Selleck said something to the effect of, "This was supposed to be the last show, but now it's not, but it's still good."

I also think that Higgins was Robin Masters, although in some early season shows, Orson Welles provided his voice on some phone calls.

The night that the season finale aired, I was on vacation. It's a long story, but I had to have my mom record the show for me. I told her the day and time, and forgot about it. When I got home, I was all set to watch the show, but my mom acted kind of strange. When questioned, I discovered that she misread my note, and thought that it ran for 90 minutes, not 2 hours. Therefore, she hadn't recorded the last half hour! There was an article in the paper the day after it aired telling what happened, so she saved it for me and gave it to me after I watched the first 1.5 hours of the show. I finally got to see the whole thing when Sleuth was airing it within the last couple years.

IloveDisney71
09-16-2009, 09:14 PM
I loved Magnum! I haven't seen it in a while. I also like Simon and Simon and Miami Vice. I guess I was really into "detective" shows. :blush:

Magic Smiles
09-16-2009, 09:44 PM
I liked Magnum but I also liked Hart to Hart. My absolute favorite though was Scarecrow and Mrs. King.
I loved all of those shows. Weren't the TV shows so much better back then?

SandmanGStefani24
09-16-2009, 10:26 PM
I loved all of those shows. Weren't the TV shows so much better back then?

i agree! My mom loved Scarecrow, and my dad loved The Fall Guy. So we all watched those shows the nights they aired.

To this day I can still sing the words to "Unknown Stuntman"...
:D

Ian
09-17-2009, 03:00 PM
To this day I can still sing the words to "Unknown Stuntman"...
:DHa ha ha!! That's so funny you say that, because the other day we were in Disney Hollywood Studios and that's the song that was playing on the area music loop.

I started singing along and my daughter just looked at me like, "Daddy, why do you know this song??" :confused:

"I've got burned over Cheryl Tiegs! Blown up for Raquel Welch ... "

i'm grumpy
09-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Loved Magnum, Simon & Simon, B.J. and the Bear. I'm sure there are many more. Jake and the Fatman, Riptide, Dukes of Hazzard, Midnight Caller, Harcastle and McCormick, Growing Pains. :D

21 Jump St is great, but we didn't have Fox at that time.

TheDuckRocks
09-18-2009, 10:50 AM
I absolutely love Magnum PI and not long ago we got the whole series from Netflix, it was so much fun. Other than the fact that I still think Tom Selleck is one of the sexiest men ever this show shines. Great cast, characters you love, wonderful humor and sometimes very moving stories (who can ever forget "Did You See The Sunrise From The Pali" when Magnum took care of Ivan). I'm now enjoying both NCIS and The Closer that to me have the feeling that Magnum and Simon & Simon had.

Diznee4Me
09-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Another fan of Magnum here. Loved the show. Used to watch it on Thursday nights with my grandmother. She would say she wanted to marry Magnum!:D

Had the chance to meet larry Manetti (Rick) and get his autograph at a local car show in the eighties. I know the autograph is around here somewhere but I can't find it.:(

i'm grumpy
09-18-2009, 11:05 PM
:blush:Forgot Remington Steele.

kakn7294
09-19-2009, 12:48 AM
:blush:Forgot Remington Steele.Loved that one too! :thumbsup:

Chic-a-pin
09-25-2009, 04:42 PM
My mom LOVED Magnum PI! A few years back I bought her a couple of seasons on DVD. I myself LOVE Miami Vice, I have all seasons on DVD & the theme song is my ring tone :D

I can remember growing up Friday nights my mom would make pizza & we'd watch Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider, & The Incredible Hulk!! YES!!!

man do I feel old now ;)

TwinPrincesses
09-28-2009, 02:57 PM
I loved Magnum as a kid. I grew up in Germany and had to watch it dubbed and it was still great. Actually, the German Magnum's voice was very good.
Remington Steele was my absolute favorite though. 10 years later I still love Pierce Brosnan.