PDA

View Full Version : Extending a vacation

Imagineer1981
09-15-2009, 12:35 PM
On my last trip 2 weeks ago, we decided to extend our vacation. You would think it would be simply going to the front desk and saying you want to stay longer, but technically you have to make a new reservation, and go through the Disney reservation line. Then after you do that, you have to go to the front desk with the new confirmation number and cross your fingers that you can keep your same room (if you want it). We extended a few days before our check out, so it was easy to keep our room, but the CM said that sometimes that room is spoken for already if you wait too long. Also, since its a new reservation, you can't keep things like free dining if its not currently being offered. Just thought I'd share that info!

SBETigg
09-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Probably better to plan ahead, but it must have felt pretty special to just decide to stay longer and be able to pull it off. Very cool!

TammiMcMan
09-15-2009, 04:34 PM
On my last trip 2 weeks ago, we decided to extend our vacation. You would think it would be simply going to the front desk and saying you want to stay longer, but technically you have to make a new reservation, and go through the Disney reservation line. Then after you do that, you have to go to the front desk with the new confirmation number and cross your fingers that you can keep your same room (if you want it). We extended a few days before our check out, so it was easy to keep our room, but the CM said that sometimes that room is spoken for already if you wait too long. Also, since its a new reservation, you can't keep things like free dining if its not currently being offered. Just thought I'd share that info!Sorry you had to find this out the hard way :( . Someone just asked about adding a day and the advice given was to call now and not wait. Once you try to do it at registration, your options are pretty limited.

Imagineer1981
09-17-2009, 12:04 PM
ya, luckily it all worked out, and since we couldn't do free dining, we used a CM friends discount and it costs us 100 bucks total

tinksmom02
09-19-2009, 05:48 PM
When I mentioned to the club-level concierge at the Poly how sad I was to receive our ME departure information, they were quick to let me know that rooms were available should we decide to stay LOL WIsh I could have!!

TheVBs
09-20-2009, 08:48 AM
How fun! We're always tempted to extend our stay but have never done it. I think it's great that you did, and I'm sure it was fun even if it wasn't the exact same package. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
09-20-2009, 09:02 AM
1) If you are on a special package, like free dining, you call.
. . . the resort does not usually extend special offers
. . . it impacts their bottom line
. . . they prefer to push this to reservations
. . . then, free dining does not hurt them as much
2) If you are rack rate or on a discount, the resort can do it.
. . . discounts like AP, AAA, Florida can be extended by resort
. . . the resorts do this all the time
. . . other packages can also also be done at/by the resort
3) As far as staying in your current room, this is handled at/by the resort
4) The room assigners can do pretty much what they want. *

* If the room is blocked for a medical reason, they must either keep the room as it was assigned, or give an equally suitable room.