PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 Seaworld

yjgirl32
09-15-2009, 10:12 AM
I know not very Disney of me to go to Seaworld- but there are 3 of us who LOVE animals. I must say anyone wanting to go to Seaworld- You do not need to rent a car- very easy to get there using public transportation. We took the bus to DTD then crossed the street and waited for a public bus- it took a little while for a bus to get there- about 20 minutes. We had scheduled a VIP tour for 11- so we got there about 10. Looked around a bit in the stores and some of the closer animals and even had time to feed the rays. It was then time for our tour- our tour guide was great! First up was a ride on Atlantis- front row no wait. Then we got to feed the seals and sea lions- then watched their show- very funny show. Then went to have our buffet lunch backstage of the Shamu show. Very good food. The trainer showed us some of the hand motions to make Shamu do some tricks- which was very nice. My favorite was that I got to feed her a fish- very cool experience. It was then time to ride Kraken- no wait again. Great ride. Went thru the penguin encounter, they are such great swimmers- walked thru the shark experience- went backstage again and got to pet a real live shark- small one of course- but still an experience. Wathced the Shamu show in the splash zone. Then fed the Dolphins and the stingrays (all included in the cost of the tour) Saw the dolphin show and to wrap up our 7 hour tour rode on Manta- very very cool experience. I'm so glad we spent the money to take this tour. After our tour we then went on Atlantis 2 more times and Manta one more time at night. Got a whole bunch of pictures and jumped on the public bus to dtd to eat a very late dinner at McDonald's. Great day. Oh and then DH and I went to the hot tub- very relaxing. Oh I forgot to mention that I made special shirts for us that day and got some extra perks becuase of it. I figured Disney would give us "extras", but not Seaworld. Will try to post pictures at a later time.

offwego
09-15-2009, 11:44 AM
If you don't mind me asking how much was the tour? that sounds like a great way to add seaworld in to your trip. Thanks for sharing with us all something we may over look. And the bus was great info as well. I had no idea you could do that!:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
09-15-2009, 11:49 AM
The cost for the tour was $100.00 per perosn and did not include your ticket into the park- but with thir park tickets if you go back to Seaworld within 7 days it's free. Plus with our buffet meal it included beer- I don't drink but my friends do and they had either 2 or 3 at no extra charge. It was a Budweiser brand. If you would like any more info let me know. Thanks for reading.

KylesMom
09-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Although we haven't been in a few years, SeaWorld has always been an enjoyable side trip for my family. The private tour sounds like a really great way to spend the day, too. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

princessgirls
09-15-2009, 01:14 PM
The private tour sounds great.

My family and I loved SeaWorld. We toured it on a year that we did not do a Disney vacation.

It was a great experience for my girls who love sea creatures!!

Glad you had such a nice time.

Julie:mickey:

faline
09-16-2009, 12:20 PM
What a fun day you had!

nicster
09-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Great day! :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
09-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks everyone- it was an experience I will never forget.