PDA

View Full Version : A "please refresh my memory" kind of question....

WDWRox
09-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Our trip is coming up (9/26 to 10/3 at WL) and we have 7 day MYW Park Hopper tickets. We're driving, so we're trying to decide whether to use the first day of our park tickets when we get there, or on the day that we leave. We also have free dining on our package. My question is (and I think I know the answer but need my memory refreshed)......... if we choose to use our 7th day of tickets on the day that we leave as opposed to using it that day that we check in, does that have any bearing at all on how we use our dining options on those tickets?

I know our "Key to the World" room keys contain our park hopper tickets, dining plan options, and so on......but is our usage of the meals tied in to the length of our stay so that they expire at midnight on the day we check out? If we don't go to the parks on that day we get there, we should though, still be able to use one of our dining options (quick service) that day we get there. Correct?

ali'sdad2003
09-15-2009, 09:28 AM
The dining option starts as soon as you check in and goes until midnight the day you check out. It is not tied to you park passes at all. They are 2 seperate things. You can use your dining as soon as you get there without going to a park. I hope this helps.:thumbsup:

17 Days to Go!!!!

It'sWDW4me
09-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Your dining credits are not tied in to your park passes in any way, shape, or form. You can use dining credits on a day you go to a park as well as on a day you don't go to a park. All of your dining credits are available for use from the moment you check in until midnight of the day you check out.

Remember - dining credits are "use it or lose it". There are no refunds for meals left at the end of your stay. If you're in a pinch (i.e. didn't make ADR's and now cannot get a TS meal to save your life): a TS credit can be used to get a CS meal; a CS credit can be used to get a few snacks (not sure on quatity); snack credits can be used for items that you can take with you when you leave (last year we took a few slices of cake and some of those super yummy cookie bar thingies at POR to eat when we got to the airport).

Have a really great trip!

lighteningqueen
09-15-2009, 11:32 AM
CS can also be used for breakfast at your resort so if you find you have 3 credits left for CS and one day left plus the day you leave you can use them up with breakfast lunch and dinner. If you think you might use the park ticket the day you get there and maybe the day you leave go ahead and purchase another day. it's only like $2.00 per person. I would rather throw a day away then like we did last year used them up and then the day we left we really wanted to go back to epcot and couldn't just for a few hours. So pay for one extra day of park. You do not have to pay for one more day of food. It is done when it is done. You can always spread them out to be used on the last day before you leave. You can eat 10 meals in one day, you will just be short 10 of those meals the rest of the week. No time limit except at midnight of check out day..