PDA

View Full Version : norwegian spirit ghost?

Joannelet
09-14-2009, 11:39 PM
I know this is going to sound sooo strange!! But its been on my mind a lot lately and just have to ask!!!
I am trying to find out if there has been any other sightings of a ghost on the Norwegian Spirit (which I just realized is eerie in itself!)

I was on a cruise with my husband and brother in law, his girlfriend, my sister and her friend 2 years ago on Norwegian Spirit. My sister was on the same floor as my brother in law. My hubby and I had a balcony room. So we were on a different floor.
My sister told me that someone was in her room the night before and then described the person in detail to me. Her and her friend that were sharing the room could not go to sleep with the light off (my sister was also screaming LOL).....the person vanished just as quickly as she appeared. I had originally thought she was joking and trying to scare me.
Then my brother in law met my hubby and me at the pool. His girlfriend started to tell me that she had a funny story for me and went into detail of how her boyfriend saw a person coming at him!!! I asked him what the person looked like, he described the same things as my sister did!!!!! I ran to get my sister and her and him started screaming.
I don't want to say the details here of what the person looked like etc. because I want to see if maybe someone else has been on that cruise ship and maybe saw someone or thought they did. After that I didn't even sleep with the lights off and I wasn't even on the same floor as them!
In the meantime I am going to keep searching but I wanted to post it somewhere to see if I get a response to this!!! I hope this was the correct place to post!!

TheDuckRocks
09-15-2009, 12:28 AM
I would go over to the Cruise Critic website and ask this question there. If any body would know the posters there would.
As for myself I've been following a number of roll calls over there for the Spirit as we are sailing on her in 2010 and I haven't come across anything about this "ghost".

Joannelet
09-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:I will post it there too! They both were staying on the lowest floor right above the employees....I dont remember the floor number -I will ask them to see if they remember.....
I keep thinking its 4 but I'm not 100% sure. :)

luvnwdw
09-15-2009, 08:34 AM
my sister and I along with our hubbies leave for our cruise this December on the Norwegian Spirit, we are on deck 6, I agree about checking with the cruise critic site, if it's out there they would know, but I am glad you brought it up (interesting) !!!

Ian
09-15-2009, 10:15 AM
A quick Google search turned up only this thread as a result for "Norwegian Spirit Ghost Sightings"

Doesn't seem like it's a common thing.

Joannelet
09-15-2009, 01:50 PM
I know I noticed. I tried looking it up when I got back immediately from the trip and came up with no information on it.
I was hoping to find someone else :(
I just had to post to see if I got it out there that maybe someone else would have seen it too.......
It seems it was looking for someone and obviously if it went after my brother in law didnt like men LOL
My sister in law said at the time he screamed like a girl and she never saw him soooo terrified. LOL (thank god I don't use names on here!!! he would kill me! LOL She thought it was funny. But then when she heard my sisters story we all just got scared.....

Disneycrazed
09-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I was on the Spirit three years ago. I saw spirits too and drank plenty of them.:marg:

Bohms4
09-17-2009, 10:29 AM
I went on the Spirit in 2006 - no ghost sightings for us but it was our least favorite cruise!!!

weswerx
09-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I was on the Spirit three years ago. I saw spirits too and drank plenty of them.:marg:

:funny::thumbsup:
sorry, but that reply was priceless

Joannelet
09-17-2009, 01:25 PM
very funny disneycrazed! :) That was a cute comment :)
Yes I have to agree...it was actually a really bad cruise!
The ship is sooo tiny and nothing to do and too many things to pay extra for. My hubby and I hated it. The others that we were with it was their first cruise so they didn't mind it. It was my 2nd cruise.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-19-2009, 11:09 PM
10 of us just went on the Boston to Bermuda cruise in June and none in our group mentioned anything like this.

But I have to agree with the poster above, we were disappointed with the ship. The entertainment was a lot of fun, but the food wasn't very good compared to other cruise lines. And the help wasn't very friendly either. Maybe the ghost was keeping them up at night?

And the spirits the other poster mention were also seen by us but not too many were consumed by me-to expensive! (That was a very funny comment!)

crazypoohbear
09-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Maybe the ghost on the spirit is the ghost of what good help is suppose to be like on a cruise ship. Cuz, we certainly didn't see much on the spirit this summer.
the food was adaquate, the help was bad and and the cruise director was down right rude and inappropriate!
The shows and entertainers were top notch though. Loved the Cats pajamas and second city!

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
10-11-2009, 01:14 PM
The shows and entertainers were top notch though. Loved the Cats pajamas and second city!

also loved the canadians.

crazypoohbear
10-16-2009, 10:35 AM

HEY! Those canadians were not part of the show! They were simply cruisers that you two took a liking to!!!
Very nice girls though.:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-17-2009, 10:54 PM

Yes you sure did try to!