PDA

View Full Version : 9 days to go and NO DME

luvdiznee
09-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I had called last week and he told me I should have it by this week. But none today, so I call again today and come to find out they have my old address. And that's where it was sent. :thedolls:But at the time I booked, of course I changed my address. Don't these departments work hand in hand. So, I asked him if he could overnight it and he said he would but still said by next Monday. I said how is that overnight? He said because they have to be printed out again. I did also give my new address to the post office when we moved, so it seems I should have gotten something.:thedolls:What can I do if I dont get them? Leaving the 24th.:(

It'sWDW4me
09-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Well I certainly do hope the tags sent to your old address are forwarded in time. Wouldn't it be a bonus if you got the forwarded tags plus the new set? They only send you one tag per person so you'd have two sets in case you had more than one bag. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

But.. if you don't get your tags... what I've heard that you need to do is when you check your luggage at your home airport the airline puts their own destination tags on your luggage. These tags are numbered. I'm almost positive (99.9%) that they also give you a receipt of sorts with these numbers on them in case something gets lost. Hang on to this info!! When you get to MCO and check in with ME, tell them how many bags you have, what they look like, and the tag numbers for all of your luggage. They'll track them down for you and get them to your room. If you're a little worried about ME missing anything, go get your luggage and bring it with you. The ME bus driver can load it up under the bus that you get on and if your room isn't ready at check in, the resort's luggage services will be able to store it for you until your room is ready.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your tags with time to spare. Have a super trip!

luvdiznee
09-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Thank you for that. I'm not too concerned about the luggage itself, since it is only me and DD, we will each have our carryon and probably one check bag between us. I'm more concerned about getting to the resort. Will I be able to do this with no documents?:confused:Once again, Thanks.

Strmchsr
09-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm more concerned about getting to the resort. Will I be able to do this with no documents?:confused:Once again, Thanks.

The above information on your luggage is correct. Just take your baggage claim tags to the DME desk. And, as long as they have your reservation in the system, you will definitely be able to get on the bus even if you don't have your documents. They'll get you to your resort. Just call one more time before leaving and make sure they have you in the system if you don't get your documents in time.

luvdiznee
09-14-2009, 05:27 PM
OK, will definitely keep any luggage tags we get from our home airport. And I will definitely bring a printout of our room reservation (as I always do), since that will serve as some proof for us to get on that DME. But will still call and check, too.:(Thanks again.:mickey:

Mickeysbrother
09-14-2009, 05:49 PM
We did not get our ME info before our last trip in Aug., our reservation was in the system, so there were no issues getting on the bus. We were given the choice of giving our bag info to them and letting them go get our luggage or getting it ourselves and bringing it on(underneath) the ME bus. We didn't want to chance it, so we got our own bags. So that will be your choice. However, this is the 5th time time we've used DME and this had never happened to us before. I also called twice prior to our trip, but never received them. Also, I have never seen so many people with their own luggage and no yellow ME tags. I believe there is a problem with it right now. I guess it's not a huge deal, but it is one of the nice perks of DME service, it's a bit more of a hassle and costs you some precious Park time to go get your own bags.

Strmchsr
09-14-2009, 08:28 PM
But will still call and check, too.:(Thanks again.:mickey:

Just be sure you contact DME reservations, not the main WDW reservations to check on that.

disneykid@hrt
09-14-2009, 11:18 PM
I made my DME ressies on the internet for me and DH and it took about a month for us to get our tags.

Well my mother decided to join us a few weeks ago and I called to get her all set up. It only took about 5 days for her to get hers.:mickey:

CleveRocks
09-15-2009, 08:15 AM
As long as you have a DME reservation, everything will be just fine. Call DME directly at 866-599-0951 to confirm that you do, in fact, have a DME reservation.

When you land at MCO and go to the Disney Welcome Center (a.k.a. DME counter), the minimum that you'll need will be a photo ID for the one person from your party who will go to that counter (Disney likes if only one person per party gets in line).

It's also true that they will automatically handle your checked bags even if you don't have a DME tag on each bag. But using this system is not in any way "gambling" or "taking a chance." They've had the same system in place since Day One, which was over 4 years ago. They're very good at it. You'll give them your baggage claim ticket numbers and a physical description of each bag. A cast member will be dispatched to go to baggage claim and get your bags for you, and then this person will take the bags beack behind the scenes at the airport, where they will print a DME tag for each bag (these newly-printed tags will be white, not the usual yellow), put one on each bag, and then bring the bags to the collection area where they will intermingle with all the rest of the regular DME luggage that is about to be transported to Disney's luggage sorting facility on the grounds of the airport.

Handling bags without DME tags may seem new and risky to you, but to DME it's just another day at the office.:mickey:

luvdiznee
09-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Just be sure you contact DME reservations, not the main WDW reservations to check on that.

Will be sure to do that. Thanks everyone.:mickey: