PDA

View Full Version : Ohana's Skewers

anneo
09-14-2009, 02:27 PM
I have someone in my party who has a shellfish allergy, and I was wondering at 'Ohana are the shrimp on the skewers mixed with the other meats, or are there skewers for only the shrimp, only the turkey, only the steak, and so on?

DVC2004
09-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Yes, skewers all all one meat and they serve you a few pieces off of one large skewer. Just have your friend advise of her allergy at podium check in- and tell the server as well.

stitchaholic
09-14-2009, 02:34 PM
yes,each meat has it's own skewer

MistressGracey
09-14-2009, 02:46 PM
When we were at Ohana, the shrimp actually came in a bowl by itself. On the skewers were the steak, pork, sausage, etc....

SBETigg
09-14-2009, 03:44 PM
When we were at Ohana, the shrimp actually came in a bowl by itself. On the skewers were the steak, pork, sausage, etc....

Sausage is gone and the shrimp is back on skewers, but yes, the skewers are all of one thing, so it's easy to avoid what you can't eat without worry that there has been cross-contact of meats. Plus, I would mention food allergies to your server as an extra precaution.

VioletIncredible
09-14-2009, 03:54 PM
My son has a peanut allergy and one of the main reasons we are going to WDW is their fantastic reputation for handling food allergies.

If your friend sends an email to SpecialDiets @ DisneyWorld. com, they will send her a packet of information including a form to return after you make your ADRs that will advise all of the restaurants of her allergy in advance. I'd still tell the host and the server, but this way it will also be noted in the system.

buzznwoodysmom
09-14-2009, 05:20 PM
My son is allergic to both the turkey and shrimp and we eat at Ohana's on every trip with no problems. So far we've never been disappointed in Disney's accomodations for food allergies. My son is allergic to chicken, turkey, and most seafood. However, we've never had any problems finding him something to eat no matter where we dine. We always have it noted when making our ADRs and again when we check in at each meal. I've even been allowed to get him an adult meal from CS locations when on the dining plan when the only child options were chicken strips and hot dogs. He doesn't eat hot dogs either, since most are made with turkey meat and you just never know. I don't think you'll have any problems! Enjoy!