PDA

View Full Version : Disney Photoshoot???

KAT1811
09-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Has anyone ever done the photoshoot with a Disney photographer at a deluxe resort? From my understanding there are a few deluxe resorts to choose from and for a fee (I think somewhere around $65) you can have a private session with a professional Disney photographer. We are trying it this year for the first time and I was interested in seeing how it was for anyone that has already experienced it. Hopefully someone would be willing to share some pics so I could see what type of pictures we can expect to be taken? That would be fabulous as I have no idea what to expect. Thank you!

faline
09-14-2009, 11:51 AM
No personal experience though we did witness a number of families having pictures done around the grounds of Wilderness Lodge. I'm sure someone with firsthand knowledge will respond soon.

Maggio
09-26-2009, 10:55 AM
DH is a photography buff who loves WDW, so I thought it would be a great wedding present to plan a Disney photo session. We took our photos at the Poly on August 1, and were very happy with the results. I believe it was $99 for the first 30 minutes, but $25 for the next 30 minutes, so I booked an hour to maximize the photos we would get. Bear in mind there were only 2 of us, but we got close to 100 shots in the hour. When you call to make your appointment, they'll be very honest with you as to what you can expect for the time period/size of your party.

I inquired about this both on the phone and in person at one of the resort Photo Pass booths, well before I booked. The available resorts are: GF, Poly, BC, AKL, and WL (SS is no longer available). I believe the GF is most popular, but one of the photographers said she would not necessarily recommend it because the backgrounds tend to be the same wherever you go, and the white can blow everything out in the middle of the day. She recommended the Poly and WL because of the variety of shooting locations. The other photographer agreed, but also said that she liked the BC because the blues were so soothing...ultimately, it's up to you.

Like I said, we went to the Poly the first weekend in August. I booked the first time slot available -- and I'm grateful that I did because by the time we finished, we were already getting warm (and my hair was starting to get big, despite all the products I used!!). You're going in November, so I don't think you'll have quite the same weather issues, but you might want to take time of day into account. Early mornings are cooler, but sunsets are beautiful...

It was certainly a nice way to record our trip, so I would recommend it to anyone who has a tendency to have many photos of their WDW vacations, but not very many of the whole family!

KAT1811
09-26-2009, 11:52 AM
. . .The available resorts are: GF, Poly, BC, AKL, and WL (SS is no longer available). I believe the GF is most popular, but one of the photographers said she would not necessarily recommend it because the backgrounds tend to be the same wherever you go, and the white can blow everything out in the middle of the day. She recommended the Poly and WL because of the variety of shooting locations. The other photographer agreed, but also said that she liked the BC because the blues were so soothing...ultimately, it's up to you.

. . . You're going in November, so I don't think you'll have quite the same weather issues, but you might want to take time of day into account. Early mornings are cooler, but sunsets are beautiful...

It was certainly a nice way to record our trip, so I would recommend it to anyone who has a tendency to have many photos of their WDW vacations, but not very many of the whole family!

Thank you so much. This is exactly the feedback I was looking for. We were told the same list of resorts and the photographer I spoke with also recommended the Poly and I think that is where we are going to end up. The colors and backgrounds are just beautiful.

I agree that we won't have the same weather issues being November and I am going to try to plan our shoot around sunset.

We have tons of pictures but not many of the whole family and being a family of six with four other family members joining us a good whole family picture is almost impossible.

Did I understand you correctly when you said that you formally booked while in WDW? I am trying to figure out a time and day that is goodfor all of us but am worried if I wait until we arrive that it will be too late?

Thank you again for your response.

Maggio
09-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Did I understand you correctly when you said that you formally booked while in WDW? I am trying to figure out a time and day that is goodfor all of us but am worried if I wait until we arrive that it will be too late?

Actually, we booked in advance. You aren't able to book the photo session until 30 days prior, so you've still got time and won't be shut out. I believe I booked 2 weeks in advance and had my choice of time slots ... considering we were there in the summer crowds and didn't have trouble, I think you'll be fine making reservations for November.

Have fun!!

pixiesmimi
09-27-2009, 08:30 PM
We stayed at the Poly in Aug and booked the resort photo session. When I called (30 days in advance) to reserve the time, I was told that the session was $100 something (can't remember exactly how much) and if I had prepurchased the photopass cd they would give me a discount. They said we had to bring our receipt for purchasing the cd and when there, they stamped it and gave us a discount. We ended up paying $70. They didn't give us a choice of length of time for the sitting. The photographer took us to different areas inside and out of the resort and took a lot of different poses. We were disappointed that the pictures on the beach with the castle in the background couldn't be taken because there was a crane up that week decorating the castle. Sure messed up any photos of the castle that week. Also, I wouldn't make your reservation for in the middle of the day like we did. The sun is hot and also makes you squint a lot because they don't want you wearing sunglasses if you can help it. They go through the photos with you and you choose some for them to print and then they include all of them on a cd. They also give you a photopass card that you can add to your pre-purchased cd when you get home. Wear something coordinating and nothing with a lot of figures or designs on it. You should ask about the Photopass when you call because they won't offer the discount unless you do.