PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Early Bird - Warning!

DisneyFr33k
09-14-2009, 09:06 AM
I purchased online the early bird check in for our family of 4 last Friday. I called SW to ask some questions about the process and I am glad I did! Apparently there was a glitch in the system they were trying to fix. The online system would not assign early bird check in's to groups of 3 or more under one confirmation. They had to break our family into 2 confirmation numbers so we could get the early bird check in. What was scary is that I assumed I got the early bird as no error message or e-mail came back to me. That would have stunk to come to the airport, thinking we were all assigned a boarding group when we hadn't.

So, if you've purchased early bird check in online for a confirmation number that hold 3 or more, call them to confirm.

faline
09-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the warning! I'm sure that will be helpful to a number of folks!

DisneyAggies
09-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the info...
Question:
Did you have to pay $10 for each confirmation number (each way)? Or just $10 total for the the (now 2) confirmation numbers?

DisneyFr33k
09-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the info...
Question:
Did you have to pay $10 for each confirmation number (each way)? Or just $10 total for the the (now 2) confirmation numbers?

It's $10 per person, not confirmation #. So we paid $40 for our flight down and $40 for our flight back (when we're on the cruise and could really use not being on the boat loggin into Soutwest).

fanofdisney
09-14-2009, 01:04 PM
When you checked your reservation online did it indicate that everyone in your group was signed up for early bird seating? I purchased this option too but when I look up our flights with our confirmation number it indicates that all 5 of us have early bird seating. I wonder if I should still call:scratch:

DisneyFr33k
09-14-2009, 01:43 PM
When you checked your reservation online did it indicate that everyone in your group was signed up for early bird seating? I purchased this option too but when I look up our flights with our confirmation number it indicates that all 5 of us have early bird seating. I wonder if I should still call:scratch:

I didn't get that far. I called because I got an e-mail for one of our flights, but not another. Upon checking into it, the SW employee said my confirmation number came up with an error message. He then went to his supervisor and had him help create two different confirmation numbers.

Did you have all 5 on one confirmation number? When did purchase it? This happened on Friday, so who know if/when they fixed the glitch.

I'd call just to be sure. Mention the glitch - they should know what you're talking about.

fanofdisney
09-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Thank you, I will give them a call just to make sure. I purchased the the early bird seating on Sept 4. Yes, all of our tickets and early bird charges are on one confirmation number. It sure won't hurt to double check. Thanks again for the info/warning.

DisneyFr33k
09-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Thank you, I will give them a call just to make sure. I purchased the the early bird seating on Sept 4. Yes, all of our tickets and early bird charges are on one confirmation number. It sure won't hurt to double check. Thanks again for the info/warning.

Let me know what they say. The Southwest rep (Bob) told me this was something that hit for the early reservations. I hope yours is all set.

fanofdisney
09-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Ours are all set thank goodness. It must have been working fine when I made our reservations and purchased the early bird check in. According to the person I spoke to she said that it is working out well (the actual pre boarding process). I don't know about you but I am a little relieved to not have to remember to get boarding passes at the 24 hour mark. The piece of mind is worth the $100 (round trip cost) for the service. I hope it works out. The down side I see to this is it makes waiting for lower fares to come out a gamble. I used to watch for a couple of weeks after our dates where released to see if they went down. I don't know if I will be inclined to do that now. I wonder if people will be more likely to take the first fares to get the earlier early bird check in (wow, say that 10x fast:silly:)

DisneyFr33k
09-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Glad yours is all set! I am glad to pay the $80 round trip for our family. As I've said, we'll be on Castaway Cay at the 24 hour mark and I will be glad to not have to put down my drink to go back to the boat to log in! :marg: