PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite Rainy day memories at WDW?

Tigerinvestigator
09-14-2009, 01:26 AM
For my 1,001st post I wanted to bring back a question I haven't seen in a while. I love rainy days at WDW and even love watching rainy day videos on youtube that people have taken at WDW. What is your favorite rainy day memory from WDW?

I can remember years ago when my DW was pregnant with our first child, and we decided to walk around the newly constructed Boardwalk resort. We got halfway around(where there are no entrance doors) and it began to pour down rain. We managed to get a couple of dry towels from the towel box at the Boardwalk villas pool. We were soaked to the bone and were staying at CBR so we had a long trip back. I wouldn't take anything for the memories of us laughing in the rain that day. Little did I know we would return every single year since and now have three beautiful daughters to enjoy WDW with! I am truly a blessed man!:thumbsup:

Disney4us2
09-14-2009, 02:30 AM
My best memory was during our first visit to WDW, We (DD and I)
were at the then MGM Disney Studios park. It started to pour down. We went into a building and it happened to be where you can take pictures with Mickey. We just sat on the floor, in the line waiting for our picture. Turned out to be one of the best pics we had taken with the photo pass.

On the flip side... we got rained out of Fantasmic and had the dinner package. The dinner was good though.

stitchaholic
09-14-2009, 06:47 AM
great thread tiger!

mt favorite is being at MK,wishes was about to start ,we had decided to take advantage of the low lines and hop on thunder mountain,it was awesome being on the ride,in the rain while the fireworks were exploding above us,a true magical moment that we will never forget.

mudpuppysmom
09-14-2009, 08:39 AM
A few years back we were there during a tropical storm....DH had gone home the day before so it was just DS#1 and I.....we donned ponchos, but they were just not cutting it, so we just took them off and splish, splashed our way thru Adventureland over to Aloha Isle and had us a couple of Dole Whips during our last hours at WDW.....yeah, it was our last day and we had to go home on the plane semi wet....that was not fun, but the first part of the day was!!

On a side note.....it wasn't raining this particular day, but DS remembers this one EVERY time we go.......again, it was our last day (we always go to MK the last day) --again it was just DS#1 and I.....he had been wanting to go on Splash Mt. for several trips and I kept saying no, b/c I don't like to walk around in wet clothes and DH was not there ......well, this time I just said, OK, the line isn't long at all.....in fact I think we walked on! We got to sit in the front, a big plus for DS and then we got stuck.....in the briar patch scene I think it was......well the big drop came and guess who was THE ONLY ONE IN THE LOG THAT GOT DRENCHED?????????? Yeah, it was like I took a shower in my clothes.....went thru the gift shop into the restroom and wrung out my clothes.....DS was just giggling the entire time! I went home with wet underclothes that trip........7 hours after riding Splash Mt.......unforgettable!

coneygoil
09-14-2009, 08:48 AM
I have an ultimate rainy day at WDW. Me and my parents were there when Hurricane Gene came through in 2004! We're from New Orleans, so we've been through so many hurricanes. It wasn't that big of a deal, but it was fun being at WDW when a category 2 hurricane was coming through. We were told to stay in the room (we were at Riverside), but we walked around while it was going on.

My favorite memory was when me and my mom walked over to the bridge going to Ole Man Island. This guy in a Mickey poncho came running by shouting, "I'm in a hurricane!!!" and kept shouting it until we couldn't hear him. It was the most hilarious thing!

So many trees fell over, including a huge magnolia tree. That was sad to see.

sorcerer fan
09-14-2009, 09:27 AM
the first year we took the family down in 1975, there was only MK. we were staying in FW and it started to rain. we put on our NEW mickey ponchos and slogged through the rain instead of waiting for the boat back to the campground. we did everthing there was to do in MK that day. No lines , no waiting . the park got completely deserted when it rained. I've never done that since, it was really a cool day. even had people leaving giving us their books ( only old people will remember this).:D

SBETigg
09-14-2009, 09:51 AM
The day before Hurricane Wilma struck in full force, we had plans to go to Animal Kingdom. It was cloudy, but not raining, so we went for it (with ponchos in case). We had to put our ponchos on almost right away, but we stuck it out. It never rained very hard. It wasn't windy yet. And it was mild temps, low 80s, very pleasant and not too hot or cold. The park was almost empty. We had our best day at the AK ever. Very active animals, almost no lines. EE wasn't open yet, unfortunately, but it was a memorable, magical day.

threeh
09-14-2009, 10:29 AM
We went last year in the winter, snow up to our eyeballs leaving and returning but it was in the 70's in WDW. Our next to last night it was raining, but warm rain. We went to the MK in the rain and had the BEST time. The place was empty. We were soaked but not cold and walking onto everything. I have the best picture of my middle daughter soaked, riding on Cinderella's horse on the carousel. WHat a great time was had by the whole family!!!:mickey:

kbean
09-14-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't know if it's a best memory, but it was a fun one. I was about 15, my friend and I were running in the pouring rain in Tomorrowland to get in line for Astro Orbiter. And I as soon as I hit the spot where the cement changes into a some kind of tile, I wiped out and went sliding into a puddle and soaked my lift side. Of than that, I just remember those horrible ponchos my mom would put on us. I hated them. Wait a minute, I don't think I have any good rain memories.....

Jeff G
09-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Fun thread!

The memory that stands out the most comes from a trip a few years back where it rained every day. One evening after a long day at the parks we had just arrived back to our rooms at the Port Orleans Riverside. We had lucked out to this point and had stayed dry. The time had to be near 11:00 and we were all very drained from the heat and a long day at the parks. After getting situated we grabbed out refillable mugs and headed up to get refreshments. We were by no means near the main building, my guess is that it was a 1/2 mile haul. As we casually walked my kids were bragging that we had just made it the entire day with rain. Not a moment later a felt a drop of rain on my nose. Three steps later the skies opened up and the rain came down in buckets. At this point we were midway to our destination so we made a dash to Boatwrights. As we sprinted my dad, who was in his upper 50's at the time, flies past all making a comment on how slow we are. We'll, as he gets to the main path there is a T in the road. My dad sprinted around the corner but took a wrong turn and is heading away from the destination. By the time I was to the intersection he was 30+ yards away. I called out to him that he was running the wrong way but with the pouring rain he couldn't hear me and just kept running. The rest of our group turned in the correct direction and got to cover a few moments later. We were all very wet but laughing hysterically. It took my dad almost another minute to catch back up with us and he was soaked. When he came through the door we all called to him Run Ray Run (A refernce to Forrest Gump). He wasn't finidng it as humous as the rest of us at the time but over time he even laughs about it now.

edhunter28
09-14-2009, 03:47 PM
mine is when they deylayed the spectro magic parade & my dad was out there saving our spots
in the puoring rain(captured on camera by yours truly):thumbsup:

darthmacho
09-14-2009, 03:53 PM
We were spoiled silly on our first two trips (98/99) thanks to a prolonged drought that gave us only one day of rain and 16 days of sun over the two trips. The one day of rain was our departure day, so it didn't affect us much anyway.

Therefore, in 2003, when the daily torrential downpours were interrupting our itinerary, I was quite taken aback! :drama:

When one storm hit so hard and fast that an ankle deep puddle formed in Adventureland, making a comortable retreat impossible, we made the best of it by taking refuge in Pirates of the Caribbean, and rode it three or four times in a row before the storm subsided. I loved doing that, but I doubt my wife would have agreed to do it if it wasn't for the rain, so I guess I got something fun out of it after all! :pirate:

Simba's Mom
09-14-2009, 06:19 PM
One day it had been pouring rain at MK all day. I was sitting upstairs in CHH watching a sea of yellow ponchos and people dashing through the puddles. I went to the restroom which was packed with wet guests. A woman came in with her little girl, about 5-6 yo. The little girl was NOT happy, soon we found out why. "But Mom, why haven't we seen any of the characters out ANYWHERE?" Everyone burst out laughing. I guess the little girl thought Disney characters should be more reliable than mailmen, "Neither rain at WDW nor anything...."

syndrome
09-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Last year when my DS 7 and I were at HS we got off Tower of Terror and it was raining so hard you could not even see RnRC. My DS7 said "Dad let's just go--who cares if we get wet. We are on vacation aren't we?" We walked around the park for the next 45 minutes while it just POURED! It made me feel 15 again!!! Of course it stopped raining and we eventually dried out and had the time of our lives!

wdwfansince75
09-14-2009, 09:19 PM
When I mentioned this thread to DW, she started laughing....and finally said, " My mom, and the Tropical Serenade!" The Tropical Serenade was the original name for the Tiki Room. On our 1975 trip, DW and I, our (then) 3 DK's, and DMiL and DFiL had spent most of our day in the MK, and finally used our (I think) last B ticket for the Tropical Serenade. We sat through the pre-show, entered the main room, and enjoyed the show. As the Tiki Gods did their thing, and as the storm inside built, you could hear the thunder.....and as the show ended and the crowd started to exit the room, we walked into a real thunderstorm....and the rain was pouring down in buckets! Instead of trying to force our way under the cover of the Sunshine Tree Terrace, joining the tens of thousands already crammed into that small space, to the right of the exit, DMiL, followed closely by the rest of us, turned left......where there was an empty, but roofed, space....separated from the exit area of the Tropical Serenade by a split rail fence.....and DMiL scaled the fence!.....Wearing (remember, it was 1975, and she was in her 60's) a dress! DW and I smile and laugh everytime we do the Tiki Room....And, without saying why, each of us knows that the other is remembering that night, and her wonderful, and still dearly missed, mother.

tundramom
09-14-2009, 10:27 PM
We have a few:
On our first night of our CBR stay we were heading over to Kona's to meet up with DBIL & DSIL (a surprise for our DD) as we exited the bus it started to pour buckets. By the time we got down to the low point (where the boats dock) we were in ankle deep water. Of course completely drenched by the time we got to Monorail to Poly. My DD was so engrossed in how wet we all were she was completely nonplussed when her favorite Aunt and Uncle showed up. We actually had to point out that they were "here"!:silly:
Same trip, next to last day Hurricane Charley. We came back to our room to find an eviction notice, no answer on the number we were to call for relocation, so we hoof it with our packed bags to Port Royale in a very heavy rain! Everything in our bags was completely soaked!:shake::fit:
But my favorite was another next to last day, got up to a steady cold rain, 2 kids who had homework and a worn out mom/aunt. We sat in the lobby at WL and worked on homework for about 2 hours when I couldn't take it anymore. I talked DH into going and striking up a conversation with DVC rep. Before you know it, we were on a bus to SSR, the kids played video games and we bought in!:cloud9: We also got $100 gift card so we went to DTD that night and had a blast spending our gift card!

ransam
09-15-2009, 01:10 AM
One night we were in Downtown disney...and were getting ready to leave...it started pouring..i mean pouring..we got trapped under a small over hang....it was fun to watch the lightening and feel the wind, watch the rain pouring like a sheet right infront of us...it slowed down a bit and so we ran accross to the Toy Store. all the employees were entertaiing the kids and everyone was playing games..we all were just having a good time...not sure how long the rain had stopped by the time we left.

brownie
09-15-2009, 07:17 AM
We were in the area behind Innoventions West when it started to pour. We ran into the bathrooms and waited for it to pass over. It kept pouring and we had priority seating at the Coral Reef.

On went our rain ponchos and out we went. We ran to the Coral Reef and it stopped raining as we got there, but not before my shoes had filled with water. I was walking around with wet feet for the remainder of the evening. If only we had waited a couple more minutes...

Daisy'sMom
09-15-2009, 09:52 AM
We were lucky enough to be sitting in the rockers outside the Liberty Tree Tavern when the skies opened up in what we thought was a sea breeze shower going thru. We sat there relaxing, watching everyone run for cover, some brave souls walking with ponchos. After about an hour, it did not let up so DH ran over and got us some snacks by the HOPs and we enjoyed two full hours sitting there, watching the rain and just loving the fact we were at Disney.:mickey:

squijee
09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
One cold rainy Monday we spent the day at The Land riding Soarin'. We rode it 15 times that morning. The cm's started looking for us and word got around about us so when we switched from one concourse to the other they knew about us and where we liked to sit on the ride. It was a great time and the cm's really got a kick out of seeing us coming back thru the line.

buzznwoodysmom
09-15-2009, 10:28 AM
One of my best rainy day memories is from our first trip with our kids. We were also there with my mom, my brother, his wife, their 2 kids and my grandmother and grandfather. Since our youngest two were just 9 months and 11 months we wanted to stay out of the rain. We spent hours inside Innoventions at Epcot just playing all the games and letting the kids run and have a good time out of the rain. It was a day that we all enjoyed despite how much it was raining outside. On previous trips we'd never even been inside Innoventions, but now make it a point to visit on each trip. My kids love all the stuff in there.

Another rainy day memory was at Wilderness Lodge. It was our scheduled day off from the parks so we put some laundry washing and just hung out inside the lodge. The kids did crafts at the cubs den, we spent tons of time in the gift shop, we sat in the rocking chairs by the fireplace, and spent time in all the different little nooks throughout the lodge. It was Feb. so not only was it raining outside, but it was really cold that day. Wilderness Lodge has that feel good winter feel and it was a great day just hanging out.

wire0monkey
09-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Our last trip was last month and we had one morning at the Magic Kingdom where it just opened up and rained buckets on us. My brother ("Uncle Donald") told my kids that we could pretend to be ducks. We wore our ponchos and pretended to be ducks.

My 4 year old told every CM he saw "We don't care about the rain! We're pretending to be ducks!"

We rode Indy race cars, Goofy's Barnstormer, the WDW railroad, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain in the rain. It was a little surreal.

Belle619
09-15-2009, 02:27 PM
My favorite rainy day memory is a funny one. A few trips back it rained every day of our visit - and not the 10min rain everyone always talks about - these were all-day rains. Well, my sister and I still wanted to watch Spectromagic (which hadn't been cancelled) so we got our place on the curb on Main St....and it started to pour.

Not wanting to give up our prime spot, we stayed there. Sitting there, watching the lightning and hearing the thunder, i realized my Dollar Store poncho had a hole and my bottom was soaked. I said to my sister how these ponchos we were using all week were probably not a good idea for this trip.

She agreed and said (in a serious tone) that she should have grabbed the nice ones she got at Dick's. I asked what she meant, and she told me she brought nice ponchos on the trip, but they were in the hotel room. I just started to laugh. We had been using these flimsy, good-for-nothing ponchos all week and she had heavy duty ones in her suitcase that she never mentioned before. To really understand the humor, you need to know that my sister is so Dory :dory: and this just illustrated that fact so well!

twinboyz
09-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Great Post!

We were at MK when the boys were about 5. We were in line for Dumbo and it started to downpour--in buckets. The CM told us it was just rain and to enjoy the ride. We did...we had on our ponchos, but were still soaked when we got off the ride. We laughed all the way thru the ride and then proudly walked thru the park splashing in every puddle we could find when everyone was still hiding from the rain. When the rain stopped--I'm sure we looked silly with wet feet, but it sure was fun and something we talk about often. GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES!!!!

MCeee
09-16-2009, 03:29 PM
One day everyone in our group wore bright red (official) Incredibles T-Shirts... My wife, myself, another couple, and their daughter.. age 3. My son made his own shirt in the likeness of Frozone's character. Needless to say, all day long CMs would say funny things about us. That afternoon while at MK, we exited Pirates of the Caribbean to find a torrential downpour taking place. we had been at the park all day, and the rain was enough to send us on our way back to the resort for a rest. On the way out, we gave up trying to avoid the rain and stay dry so we just got soaked. When we reached Main Street, lots and lots of other guests were lining the street in anticipation of the 3PM parade. Then an announcement came over the Park loudspeaker saying that "Due to Inclement weather the parade was cancelled or postponed" (can't actually remember which). Already soaked by now, we just headed down the middle of Main Street.. and when we got about halfway down, someone from the hundreds lining the street yelled out "HEY... THE PARADE'S NOT CANCELLED... ITS JUST THE INCREDIBLES PARADE!!!!" Lots of people applauded and waved as we made our way down Main Street and out of the exit!! What a day. We still laugh about it today.

Gator
09-16-2009, 03:32 PM
The day before Hurricane Wilma struck in full force, we had plans to go to Animal Kingdom. It was cloudy, but not raining, so we went for it (with ponchos in case). We had to put our ponchos on almost right away, but we stuck it out. It never rained very hard. It wasn't windy yet. The park was almost empty. We had our best day at the AK ever. Very active animals, almost no lines. .

We've had many people tell us never go to AK on a rainy day. But on our last trip, our dining schedule had us going there on the only rainy day of our trip. The park was a lot less crowded than usual. Plus, the safari was great. Every turn would let the pouring rain drench one side of the bus. Great fun.

BIGDOG
09-16-2009, 04:13 PM
For me it was a helping a stranger through a nightmare, with a happy ending. In 1986 my first trip ever to the Parks. The place and setting : Epcot after the fireworks, park closing just in back of the ball. The conditions were rain, very heavy, my girlfriend and I, were very tired. As we were making our way through the crowd we saw a frantic woman screaming and crying. We stop to see what was the matter and could not get a word out of her. I was amazed at how many people were just going by her and not stopping. She was screaming "Bobby" a child's name, it was not hard to figure out she had lost her child and was loosing her mind trying to find him. I asked what was he wearing and how old he was she only said he was wearing a yellow Disney poncho! My girlfriend stayed with her and tried to find a CM to help. I ran and climbed a light pole, I looked around and could only see a sea of yellow ponchos. I had a great view of the crowd and could see no single poncho not moving. I got down and started heading back not knowing were they had been. I had no kids yet of my own and tried thinking like a kid. I remembered the water that shot up from the ground I saw earlier and figured a kid would like it. I made my way back and saw a smaller poncho standing still and looking around lost. I ran over and asked if his name was Bobby he said yes. I told him "your mom is looking for you". Before we made it back to were I left them, I ran into a CM and said to her this is Bobby. We found my girlfriend and scared mom at the bathrooms beside the ball and reunited mom and Bobby. I have never forgotten the feeling of doing something good for some one you had never met and never will again. I have had many many trips to Disney, and lot of great times with my children. I would have to say finding this ladies boy was my best memory. The next day at the Magic Kingdom on the steps to the castle I asked my girlfriend for her hand in marriage and we have been together ever since.

iadarolas
09-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Well, if you like rainy days at WDW you would have loved our vacation in May. It rained every single day...all day long for 9 of our 10 days:rain:. We were soggy! One of my funny memories is of my daughter and I walking from the Beach Club over to Hollywood Studios at night, in hopes of viewing Fantasmic. We waited in the line only to be told it was cancelled due to the rain. Luckily we have seen it a few times...but were disappointed just the same. So we turned around to walk back to Beach Club in the deluge and slippy I went and landed on my butt:oops:. My toenail polish scraped completely off of one toe on the pavement, so I tell eveyone that I left a piece of me at The Studios.:blush: Yes...it was embarassing but we laugh about it now. We were soaking wet from head to toe. We kept thinking the weather could only get better but it didn't until the day we were leaving (of course).

Mitzie
09-17-2009, 08:57 AM
No rainy day stories yet but have thoroughly enjoyed yours.:thanks:

Tigerinvestigator
09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Well, if you like rainy days at WDW you would have loved our vacation in May. It rained every single day...all day long for 9 of our 10 days:rain:. We were soggy! One of my funny memories is of my daughter and I walking from the Beach Club over to Hollywood Studios at night, in hopes of viewing Fantasmic. We waited in the line only to be told it was cancelled due to the rain. Luckily we have seen it a few times...but were disappointed just the same. So we turned around to walk back to Beach Club in the deluge and slippy I went and landed on my butt:oops:. My toenail polish scraped completely off of one toe on the pavement, so I tell eveyone that I left a piece of me at The Studios.:blush: Yes...it was embarassing but we laugh about it now. We were soaking wet from head to toe. We kept thinking the weather could only get better but it didn't until the day we were leaving (of course).

It was our trip last May that inspired this thread. In 36 years of going to WDW I have never seen rain like we saw at the end of May. Everyday all day long!!:thumbsup:

bruin1344
09-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Running from the Land over to Teppan Edo for dinner when there was tons of lightning last august. It was scary with all the lightning. I was so drenched and cold inside Teppan Edo.

LVT
09-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Corner windows at Tokyo Dining. Lightning and
scurrying guests.

badkitty
09-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Great stories! I love reading about your adventures.

For me, I seem to always be at the World during the rain so there are so many stories. My favorite time was for MNSSHP. It had rained off and on during the day but stopped as 7PM approached and the start of the party. BTMRR was a walk-on and we were excited that the crowds seemed low. As the ride was ending it had started to sprinkle. Then it started to rain harder. As we approached LTT, the ghost quartet were singing on the porch. It was pouring now so we got under the cover and listened to them sing until their set ended and then sat through two more sets! It was a great time.

Another fun time was riding the WDW Railroad :train: in the rain around and around until we were evacuated due to lightening threats. Over by Frontierland, as the storm moved through, it was only raining on one side of the train. You could actually see the line. So cool.

Ropachs
09-19-2009, 04:05 PM
My favorite rain memory was more about the cold rather than the rain that day. It was my first trip, Spring of 1979. Apparently one of the coldest weeks Orlando had seen. We were set with our winter coats since we had come from Buffalo, but many others were unprepared. My Mother still laughs about "all the bald men buying up Mickey ears...anything to keep their heads warm." I remember how empty it was, and going to see the Country Bears more than once to warm up. For me, rain and cold beats the heat!

mickkey
09-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Back in 2001 Me , my DS and DN literally swam aroun AK. Everyone pretty much got fed up and left. Felt like maybe a hand full of people left in the park .We kept riding KS and saw tons of animals. Even the lions were up and moving B/C of the rain. The giraffes were maybe 5 feet away from the jeep. It was fantastic to get those really neat pictures. No lines anywhere....It was a great day...a little soggy...but a wet day in disney is better than a snowy day in NS Canada.:cloud9:

Bohms4
09-22-2009, 10:38 AM
For me it was a helping a stranger through a nightmare, with a happy ending. In 1986 my first trip ever to the Parks. The place and setting : Epcot after the fireworks, park closing just in back of the ball. The conditions were rain, very heavy, my girlfriend and I, were very tired. As we were making our way through the crowd we saw a frantic woman screaming and crying. We stop to see what was the matter and could not get a word out of her. I was amazed at how many people were just going by her and not stopping. She was screaming "Bobby" a child's name, it was not hard to figure out she had lost her child and was loosing her mind trying to find him. I asked what was he wearing and how old he was she only said he was wearing a yellow Disney poncho! My girlfriend stayed with her and tried to find a CM to help. I ran and climbed a light pole, I looked around and could only see a sea of yellow ponchos. I had a great view of the crowd and could see no single poncho not moving. I got down and started heading back not knowing were they had been. I had no kids yet of my own and tried thinking like a kid. I remembered the water that shot up from the ground I saw earlier and figured a kid would like it. I made my way back and saw a smaller poncho standing still and looking around lost. I ran over and asked if his name was Bobby he said yes. I told him "your mom is looking for you". Before we made it back to were I left them, I ran into a CM and said to her this is Bobby. We found my girlfriend and scared mom at the bathrooms beside the ball and reunited mom and Bobby. I have never forgotten the feeling of doing something good for some one you had never met and never will again. I have had many many trips to Disney, and lot of great times with my children. I would have to say finding this ladies boy was my best memory. The next day at the Magic Kingdom on the steps to the castle I asked my girlfriend for her hand in marriage and we have been together ever since.

I think that was wonderful of you to do that especially since you didn't even have children...it's the scariest feeling. My 4 year old son was "lost" for a few minutes in DHS once and I was terrified....some people saw me frantic and asked what he was wearing and helped look for him. Thankfully my husband found him - he went up to a CM and stayed with him until we spotted him (it was right before a parade). I remember those people that helped...afterwards it made me feel good that other people cared. Sorry this wasn't a rain story...just had to comment!

Giselle
09-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Once we were waiting in line to meet Ariel at the Grotto and we had been waiting a long, long time when it began pouring. DH ran to buy us ponchos but couldn't find any for sale. He stood in the pouring rain to hold our place in line while DD and I waited under scuttles landing. What a dedicated Daddy!

AdventurerKim
09-22-2009, 06:50 PM
We barely beat a heavy storm walking to MGM/DHS from Epcot to use late TSM fast passes. We got inside TSM in the fast pass line, rode the ride, and then came out while it was still stroming. We ducked back inside in the standby line and rode again. When we came out, the rain had subsided. Two TSM rides in a row! :thumbsup:

redbudlover
10-09-2009, 06:30 PM
two of my favorite rain stories involve my DGD. OUr first trip with her she was 19 mos and LOVED shoes. We were in Epcot WS one night and the heavens had opened up and it was pouring down and not stopping. We were trying to move one world at a time to get back to BC and keep our baby dry. We made it as far as Japan and dashed into the store. She was cranky and wanted to touch everything. We were tense and wet and worried. I finally spotted a shoe display against one wall and we headed over. For almost an hour she happily tried on every shoe there. It finally slowed to a drizzle and we were able to head back to the resort - with a happy baby and her new red shoes!

The next year she - now 2 1/2 - and I were at MK alone. We had just finished riding Pooh and when we came out it was pouring. I pulled her back in line, fidning a way to do it without going outside and we rode it five times in a row, laughing and singing the Pooh songs and rocking in the Windy day part. It was magical.:cloud9:

Babyvett
10-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Well, we just got back last week, and let me tell ya, Saturday Sept 26th it rained buckets. No sooner had spectromagic ended, we headed to Splash Mountain with fastpasses, got on the ride and it broke loose. We were soaked head to toe.. So there was no point rushing to get out of the park because you were already soaked. Much to our surprise, Wishes still ran as scheduled. So DH and I just stood out in the rain, while everyone else was running for cover and enjoyed the fireworks that nobody else seemed to notice or care about. We felt like 5 year olds playing in the rain, watching fireworks, but it was awesome. Especially with how hot it was last week, the rain felt great. Just wish everyone else had the same thoughts since they were pushing and shoving to get out of the downpour :)

Greenlawler
10-10-2009, 01:51 AM
In 2005 we arrived for the MNSSHP looking for characters...our hobby. We were affraid the light rain would keep them away that evening. However, due to the rain the first Villains Mix and Mingle was cancelled. We were walking behind the castle when we saw the entire cast out for a meet n greet under the back half of the castle. It is sometimes Disney's policy to have castle stage show characters some out and meet if shows are cancelled. No one was there and our crew had the villains all to ourselves. We even met the Big Bad Wolf in his last year appearing at the mix and mingle.

This year we decided that we would walk to our parking spot, to get there ahead of the storm. As fate would have it the heavens opened up and we were soaked to the bone while navigating the full parking lot.

EPCOT84
10-11-2009, 01:20 PM
It starts to sprinkle, we sprint halfway around Worldshowcase to China for our dinner reservation.

After ordering, sitting by the window as the rain turns into a torrential downpour, the guests outside scurry for cover as the sky grows dark. Ponchos appear in the flurry.

Two workers in a snack stand under a sign advertising fruit freeze drinks sit patiently in the downpour while the park looks empty.

Waiting for a customer in the rain.