PDA

View Full Version : Just booked Disney's Hilton Head Resort!

TheVBs
09-13-2009, 09:50 PM
We just booked a 3 night stay at Disney's Hilton Head resort, and I am so excited! :mickey: After reading Mouseketeer Mom's trip reports I started looking into a stay around Thanksgiving. We're heading to FL to visit family and thought we'd stop on the way back. Looked online, couldn't find any way to view rates, but wasn't ready to call. Then early last month I got a pin code for a $66 a night offer! Had to wait until the trip was definite before calling today. I was so sure we'd be told it was sold out, but I got it! :mickey:

I would love to hear feedback from anyone who's stayed there. It sounds like they have an amazing amount of stuff to do. What were your favorites? What would you pass on?

Thanks! :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Never stayed there but have always wanted to. The photos of the resort look absolutely beautiful. Congratulations and have a great trip.:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
09-14-2009, 10:51 AM
I have never stayed there but read mouseketeer mom's trip reports also and it sounded really nice. Have a great time.:thumbsup:

TheVBs
09-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Thank you! We're very excited. It looks like there's really a lot to do there. I'll definitely do a trip report when we get back. :mickey:

iheartdisney
10-09-2009, 01:37 PM
The best tip I can give is immediately after check in scan the calendar they give you with your resort info. Take advantage of the "free" entertainment: campfire s'mores sing along, nature walks, scavenger hunts. And decide which "pay for" activities you'd like to try. We like the kayak excursions and crafts (nominal fee if any) for the little ones. Our first trip we had no idea and didn't participate in anything. Now it's the first thing we check out when we check in! Have fun!

mouseketeer mom
10-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Wow! So glad I inspired you to give Hilton Head Island Resort a whirl! Tip: Request a marsh view. I can't stress that enough. It sounds kind of icky..the marsh word..thats what I thought at least, but I was wrong. Another intercotee encouraged me very strongly to request that marsh view and it MADE OUR TRIP. First of all, what a sight..waking up to the dolphins swimming in the marsh in front of your porch over coffee and breakfast..the gleaming sun and boats going in and out all morning..the kayaker tours you can watch! Any fireworks can be viewed from your porch..They are fired from a barge on the marsh. The birds were incredible. I can't say enough good things about the marsh view so that would be my #1 tip. We were in bldg 31, and that was a good one. Easy walk to the pool, community center, etc..yet just a bit off the beaten path to be a little quieter.
I agree with the other poster about the schedule of activities. We did alot of them. Mickey Tye dye was alot of fun, sand sculpting was wonderful, bunny hunting with Shadow the dog, bike decorating, dance parties, ..just to name a few..we loved the BBQ that HHI resort hosted. Don't miss that... That was WONDERFUL! Have a wonderful time!!

Disneymom4ever
10-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Just wanted to comment that I too, was inspired by reading your trip report, and have booked my DH and I in a studio for 3 nights (Nov.13-16). Our first time in the area, I am so looking forward to a getaway! Hopefully they'll have something going on since it's "off season" so to speak, the BBQ would be great! Thanks for the marsh view tip, not sure if I can add it at this point, but I will inquire about it when we check in.

VB's- Sounds like we'll be there just before you! I'll be sure and write again when we return if I think of any new tips. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Just wanted to comment that I too, was inspired by reading your trip report, and have booked my DH and I in a studio for 3 nights (Nov.13-16). Our first time in the area, I am so looking forward to a getaway! Hopefully they'll have something going on since it's "off season" so to speak, the BBQ would be great! Thanks for the marsh view tip, not sure if I can add it at this point, but I will inquire about it when we check in.

VB's- Sounds like we'll be there just before you! I'll be sure and write again when we return if I think of any new tips. :mickey:

WOW! Now if only I could get commission....;) Haha!
Hope both of you enjoy your trips and I can't wait to read about them!

wdw_bound
10-23-2009, 04:05 AM
We took a last minute trip to HHI just before school started. Didn't stay at DVC, but still had a great time. Some of the things we enjoyed on the island: The Salty Dog Cafe. Good food, fun to hang out and shop a bit. It is inside the gated part of the island though, and there is a $5/day charge to get in. Stack's Pancakes Restaurant. Everything was made fresh with real ingredients, and very reasonably priced. Be sure to grab a guidebook for discount coupons. On Tuesday nights, there is a great fireworks show in Shelter Cove, and at least during the summer, there is a street party to go along with it. The outlet mall is good, but not great. However, if you are looking for something specific, you may find a deal. We got several khaki bottoms for DD's school uniform at the GAP outlet at a great price.

You got a fantastic rate - I can't think of a better way to start off the trip! Have a wonderful time! :mickey:

Simba's Mom
11-07-2009, 09:09 PM
We just booked a 3 night stay at Disney's Hilton Head resort, and I am so excited! :mickey: After reading Mouseketeer Mom's trip reports I started looking into a stay around Thanksgiving. We're heading to FL to visit family and thought we'd stop on the way back. Looked online, couldn't find any way to view rates, but wasn't ready to call. Then early last month I got a pin code for a $66 a night offer! Had to wait until the trip was definite before calling today. I was so sure we'd be told it was sold out, but I got it! :mickey:

I would love to hear feedback from anyone who's stayed there. It sounds like they have an amazing amount of stuff to do. What were your favorites? What would you pass on?

Thanks! :mickey:

We go there every Thanksgiving and like many others, we love it there. Two inexpensive places we like to eat are the Sea Shack and Signe's. We also enjoy eating at the Salty Dog Cafe (on the water). You might enjoy the Dolphin Cruise. Hopefully, the weather will be mild enough for the pool, or at least the hot tub. We just enjoy walking around and enjoying all the nature.