PDA

View Full Version : First night recomendations

Mrs Bus Driver
09-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi all I had to cancel my trip in Oct but DD and BF are still able to go. So I would like to pass on information to them. Both in their 20's and over 21. They would like to know what to do on the first night, not going to the parks. I mentioned the boardwalk but as I haven't been there is there anything special? Can you see any fireworks? What other things can a couple do? :mickey:

lighteningqueen
09-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Down town Disney. Just up their age. Eat at Wolfgangs Express or Earl of Sandwich great food. It is all lit up and on the water. It really sets the mood and it is a day you wont waste for full days in the parks,that is how we will start ours again as we do not land until 2:40 so the day is gone for the parks. Although we may go to MK it is open late that night There is more for them to do at DTD than Boardwalk. Its just walking over there and a few shops and eateries. MUCH more to do downtown. Tell them to savor every moment of there trip.

lighteningqueen
09-13-2009, 12:19 PM
There are places to have drinks over there as well. Didn't look at their age, this is definitely a must do for them. Really more geared to their ages than any other night time place.

badkitty
09-13-2009, 12:50 PM
What time are they arriving? Where are they staying?

They could:

- take in a round of mini-golf
- visit DTD
- pool-side drinks at the hotel
- (and my personal favorite) have dinner at one of the monorail resorts and watch Wishes (if it is a MNSSHP night, they will see Hallowishes :cool:)

Mom on a Mission
09-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Our tradition for the first night is the Hoop Dee Doo Review!! It's a beautiful boat ride from MK. The later shows get less G-Rated, although I think it's always pretty tame. Regardless -- it puts us in the Disney groove and FW is lovely to walk around at night.

Tigerinvestigator
09-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk. Miniature golf at fantasia gardens near the boardwalk. DTD would be the other option.:thumbsup:

Mrs Bus Driver
09-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Guess I forgot to mention DD & BF will be arriving around 7pm. Is the Boardwalk open late? :mickey: